IGNORED

My Swing (mvmac)

mvmac

• Administrator
What do you mean by "sag" in your knees? Why do you want to remove it?

Cuz this is too much:

It'll slow his pivot and is just unnecessary - if his knees sag more low point control is more difficult.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So a little less sag through the entire pitch, rather than just straightening a bit in the follow through?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
So a little less sag through the entire pitch, rather than just straightening a bit in the follow through?

Both.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 4 weeks later...

Better Key#1 at full speed. Helps me create more "lag" and hit it in the center of the face.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Continuing to work on a slower loading of the right wrist bend and good turning rates.

Really like how this piece is changing. Earlier swings would go from 70-80 degrees at A3 to 90 at A5. Obviously doing the opposite here.

Mike McLoughlin

• 3 weeks later...

Video above is the last swing I recorded in two weeks, seriously. Very rare for me but really haven't felt the need to see it because I've been hitting it well and I'm getting ready for a tournament next week. Playing with my dad, it's an alternate shot tournament. Practice round Wednesday, qualifying round is Thursday and then you play matches against other teams. So hopefully I won't be back home until Sunday ;-)

Played in the TST SoCal outing last week and got some of the "rust" off. Some good swings, some crappy ones. Most of the bad swings were due to second guessing myself. Putting was improved from the last SoCal event I played in, it would have been impossible to putt any worse ;-) Played Monday in a TaylorMade media day and hit it better than the day before, more comfortable over the ball and speed control was really good on the greens.

This week I mostly worked on hitting shots on the range like I would on the course. Going through my entire routine before every shot, picturing holes, certain shots and trying to put myself in pressure situations. So I might pick a green on the range and get very specific with my start lines, I don't curve it much so my misses tend to be start line issues. I'll hit 4-5 shots at a green where I'll imagine water is on one side, or a bunker, final target is the center of the green, or maybe left center if the water is right. Point is, it's helps me build confidence and it's something I've done since high school. Played nine last night and my start lines were really good. Playing 18 with my Dad and son tomorrow.

I've also shortened my practice waggle, just taking it to A2 now instead of A4.

Mike McLoughlin

Video above is the last swing I recorded in two weeks, seriously. Very rare for me but really haven't felt the need to see it because I've been hitting it well and I'm getting ready for a tournament next week. Playing with my dad, it's an alternate shot tournament. Practice round Wednesday, qualifying round is Thursday and then you play matches against other teams. So hopefully I won't be back home until Sunday

Played in the TST SoCal outing last week and got some of the "rust" off. Some good swings, some crappy ones. Most of the bad swings were due to second guessing myself. Putting was improved from the last SoCal event I played in, it would have been impossible to putt any worse  Played Monday in a TaylorMade media day and hit it better than the day before, more comfortable over the ball and speed control was really good on the greens.

This week I mostly worked on hitting shots on the range like I would on the course. Going through my entire routine before every shot, picturing holes, certain shots and trying to put myself in pressure situations. So I might pick a green on the range and get very specific with my start lines, I don't curve it much so my misses tend to be start line issues. I'll hit 4-5 shots at a green where I'll imagine water is on one side, or a bunker, final target is the center of the green, or maybe left center if the water is right. Point is, it's helps me build confidence and it's something I've done since high school. Played nine last night and my start lines were really good. Playing 18 with my Dad and son tomorrow.

I've also shortened my practice waggle, just taking it to A2 now instead of A4.

Good stuff, Mike.

And good luck in the tournament with your dad! :beer:

Cool to read your preparation routine.

Constantine

It's nice to hear you are actually playing.

Hopefully the scores you are laying down are matching the excellent improvements you've made in your swing.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Looks awesome!  Wish I was even capable of taking that short a back swing...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Dad and I played really solid in the practice round today, played alternate shot. Entire course is only on 90 acres. Love the course, old school look, small greens, tight off the tee, not very long (6600), sets up good for us. Got to play with some buddies from NorCal, so that was fun. Qualifying round is tomorrow.

Mike McLoughlin

Dad and I played really solid in the practice round today, played alternate shot. Entire course is only on 90 acres. Love the course, old school look, small greens, tight off the tee, not very long (6600), sets up good for us. Got to play with some buddies from NorCal, so that was fun. Qualifying round is tomorrow.

Cool. Fairways and greens to you guys. Best of luck. Oh, and don't forget the pic's.. :-D BTW, hope all is well down your way, I saw pic's of the fire, nasty stuff.

Cool. Fairways and greens to you guys. Best of luck. Oh, and don't forget the pic's..  BTW, hope all is well down your way, I saw pic's of the fire, nasty stuff.

Thanks, posted a couple pics here http://instagram.com/mvmac01.

They have a strict cell phone rule so I won't be taking too many pics ;-)

North County San Diego is surrounded by fires, all the schools are closed and I left my family to go play golf, think I'm using up all my husband points this week :scared:

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks, posted a couple pics here http://instagram.com/mvmac01.

They have a strict cell phone rule so I won't be taking too many pics

North County San Diego is surrounded by fires, all the schools are closed and I left my family to go play golf, think I'm using up all my husband points this week

Yep you are toast my friend!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

We qualified for match play! Dad was nervous at the start of the round but he ended well, we made a nice birdie on 18. Alternate shot is tough, he thought the greens were faster than they are and left me with a lot of 3-4 footers but he didn't miss a fairway all day.

Hit it my driver and mid irons awesome. From 100-120 yards I was horrible. Hopefully can knock a few close tomorrow.

Mike McLoughlin

We qualified for match play! Dad was nervous at the start of the round but he ended well, we made a nice birdie on 18. Alternate shot is tough, he thought the greens were faster than they are and left me with a lot of 3-4 footers but he didn't miss a fairway all day.

Hit it my driver and mid irons awesome. From 100-120 yards I was horrible. Hopefully can knock a few close tomorrow.

Congrats and good luck.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro