IGNORED

My Swing (mvmac)

mvmac

Some notes from @david_wedzik

Quote:

My thoughts are to shift the left arm out fast and slide the right elbow down and in front - open up as quick as you can to keep pace with this arm movement (quicken EVERYTHING). It will likely feel like your torso is wide open by 6 which will force your hips to open up quicker  I think the shallowing in transition is good. I think it's really important to keep hammering that so that it's locked in -- I want you to be able to think less about that when you shift that left arm out and down FAST. I want you to shift the left arm out and left hip back into the "wall". Sense that the speed comes from rotary motion and pushing up. You don't have to worry about getting too much across or about coming "over it".

So doing some drills/work to open up more with the arms coming down and out faster. On the backswing focusing on the elbow trajectory, making sure the right elbow goes more "up" and comes off the torso.  As Dave says, this can help give me the feel t hat I need to drop the right elbow down and in front in transition as my arms come down.

Best A4 caddy view ever :dance:

Really like the way this right arm looks. Not perfect but better on the right. Need to open up more but I like the left wrist alignment.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

Haven't been practicing all that much but I like the way things are coming along. Feeling the right arm fold from A1-2 then feeling like I turn my torso A LOT. This sequence helps reduce the amount that I lift the arms and drift with the head at A4. With less drift my arms can get down faster.

First swing is a drill I've been doing, fold the elbow into my side and then turn.

Mike McLoughlin

@mvmac ,

Have all the weight workouts you've been doing improved your swing and power?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@mvmac ,

Have all the weight workouts you've been doing improved your swing and power?

Swing speed is about the same. I think getting in better shape has helped me be more "aware" of what my body is doing.

Mike McLoughlin

Swing speed is about the same. I think getting in better shape has helped me be more "aware" of what my body is doing.

I found that working out allows me to do more with less, mostly making the swing more stable and more athletic.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I found that working out allows me to do more with less, mostly making the swing more stable and more athletic.

I think that's a good way to put it. Whether it's actually true, I don't know but I certainly feel more coordinated/athletic. I've posted this before but my reasons for losing weight/lifting had nothing to do with golf.

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...

What do you work on in the gym?

I post my workouts here. I do compound movements (deadlift, squats, bench) and workouts with kettlebells.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/54241/your-workout-today/1368

Mike McLoughlin

• 3 weeks later...

Soft right arm to A2, then turn a bunch.

Mike McLoughlin

• 1 month later...

My swing sequence from today - cool new feature in Analyzr Pro ( http://analyzrgolf.com )

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator
My swing sequence from today - cool new feature in Analyzr Pro (http://analyzrgolf.com)

It works even better if you set the markers… :-D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yep it does, here it is with the markers set.

Mike McLoughlin

Swing from yesterday, hit this ball solid. Could have done better with the leg stuff from 7-9 but this was just a stock swing. Happy with the turning rates and Key #1 from 4-6.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

• 4 weeks later...

Your swing is looking awesome! How long have you been using Evolvr?

Driver=  Titleist 913 D2 12 Deg 
Irons 3-P= Titleist 712 AP
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 64

@mvmac is an Evolvr instructor.  And yes, his swing is awesome.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Thanks! Yes I've been an instructor on Evolvr for 3-4 years, Brian and Stephan handle most of the lessons now. I was actually one of the first Evolvr students, that's how I got to know Dave and Erik.

Mike McLoughlin

Lots of skilled around here. Pretty pumped working with you guys and hanging out around the forum.

Driver=  Titleist 913 D2 12 Deg 
Irons 3-P= Titleist 712 AP
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 64

• 2 weeks later...

Working on Key #3 via speeding up the arms on the downswing. Basically feels like my arms fire "past my body". Different feel and will take some time to really trust it because it feels like I'm giving up control but it's certainly not the case. Will help me take more divots and hit less pushes. It also gets my hips more open at 7, which all leads me to hit it more in the "meat" of the face. Definitely noticed the ball going a little farther just from the better strikes.

Mike McLoughlin