IGNORED

My Swing (mvmac)

Some notes from @david_wedzik

Quote:

My thoughts are to shift the left arm out fast and slide the right elbow down and in front - open up as quick as you can to keep pace with this arm movement (quicken EVERYTHING). It will likely feel like your torso is wide open by 6 which will force your hips to open up quicker  I think the shallowing in transition is good. I think it's really important to keep hammering that so that it's locked in -- I want you to be able to think less about that when you shift that left arm out and down FAST. I want you to shift the left arm out and left hip back into the "wall". Sense that the speed comes from rotary motion and pushing up. You don't have to worry about getting too much across or about coming "over it".

So doing some drills/work to open up more with the arms coming down and out faster. On the backswing focusing on the elbow trajectory, making sure the right elbow goes more "up" and comes off the torso.  As Dave says, this can help give me the feel t hat I need to drop the right elbow down and in front in transition as my arms come down.

Best A4 caddy view ever :dance:

Really like the way this right arm looks. Not perfect but better on the right. Need to open up more but I like the left wrist alignment.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished second in a club tournament this weekend. Crazy turn of events being tied for the lead with two to play, can see the post below.   Sticking with the same lower body feels, on the c

Swing on the left was after a few weeks of playing a lot so earlier this week had to clean up some laziness with my pivot. Green line was drawn just outside my right hip at 1. Can see the trail hip wa

If you follow the swing thread you know I'm always working on getting less shallow/more steep on the downswing but only made minimal gains mechanically. To see if I can really change it I've been want

Posted Images

Haven't been practicing all that much but I like the way things are coming along. Feeling the right arm fold from A1-2 then feeling like I turn my torso A LOT. This sequence helps reduce the amount that I lift the arms and drift with the head at A4. With less drift my arms can get down faster.

First swing is a drill I've been doing, fold the elbow into my side and then turn.

@mvmac ,

Have all the weight workouts you've been doing improved your swing and power?

Swing speed is about the same. I think getting in better shape has helped me be more "aware" of what my body is doing.

Swing speed is about the same. I think getting in better shape has helped me be more "aware" of what my body is doing.

I found that working out allows me to do more with less, mostly making the swing more stable and more athletic.

I found that working out allows me to do more with less, mostly making the swing more stable and more athletic.

I think that's a good way to put it. Whether it's actually true, I don't know but I certainly feel more coordinated/athletic. I've posted this before but my reasons for losing weight/lifting had nothing to do with golf.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you work on in the gym?

I post my workouts here. I do compound movements (deadlift, squats, bench) and workouts with kettlebells.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/54241/your-workout-today/1368

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Swing from yesterday, hit this ball solid. Could have done better with the leg stuff from 7-9 but this was just a stock swing. Happy with the turning rates and Key #1 from 4-6.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Your swing is looking awesome! How long have you been using Evolvr?

Thanks! Yes I've been an instructor on Evolvr for 3-4 years, Brian and Stephan handle most of the lessons now. I was actually one of the first Evolvr students, that's how I got to know Dave and Erik.

• 2 weeks later...

Working on Key #3 via speeding up the arms on the downswing. Basically feels like my arms fire "past my body". Different feel and will take some time to really trust it because it feels like I'm giving up control but it's certainly not the case. Will help me take more divots and hit less pushes. It also gets my hips more open at 7, which all leads me to hit it more in the "meat" of the face. Definitely noticed the ball going a little farther just from the better strikes.