IGNORED

My Swing (mvmac)

Interesting feels - do you find it easy to focus on three things at the same time? I guess 1 is purely setup, but I find it tough to do more than one at once.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished second in a club tournament this weekend. Crazy turn of events being tied for the lead with two to play, can see the post below.   Sticking with the same lower body feels, on the c

Last week did some shot zone collection with Mario on Trackman. Continuing to work on the same pieces with some tweaks to the setup. My typical tendency, too much knee flex, torso bent too far forward

Swing on the left was after a few weeks of playing a lot so earlier this week had to clean up some laziness with my pivot. Green line was drawn just outside my right hip at 1. Can see the trail hip wa

Posted Images

8 hours ago, b101 said:

Interesting feels - do you find it easy to focus on three things at the same time? I guess 1 is purely setup, but I find it tough to do more than one at once.

When I'm hitting a shot I just have one swing thought/feel. Also the set-up thought is more of a "checklist" type of thing and the backswing feels really haven't changed much in the last year. Those are pieces I just need to stay on top of, not really trying to change anything.

When I'm going through the drills that I posted, that's when I'm mostly focusing on the downswing piece and chancing the picture.

• Upvote 1

Your practice sessions always make me feel like a primitive human being. Great work, and very insightful.

• 3 weeks later...

Been doing pretty good with the left hip feel I described in previous posts and started to add more of the opening piece. Feel from 4 is to move my left knee "down and around" and really thrust. Here's how I'm working on it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Head going a bit too far forward for my liking from A4-5 but the strike was good and the thrust piece is getting better. Priorities....;-)

Last swing of 2015 #happynewyear #golfswing #itwasagoodone

A video posted by Michael McLoughlin (@mvmac01) on

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mvmac said:

Head going a bit too far forward for my liking from A4-5 but the strike was good and the thrust piece is getting better. Priorities....;-)

I like how the grip matches your shirt! 

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Ohh.. that sound!! Happy 2016 man..

I thought I heard fireworks last night. Turns out it was just Mike hitting some 6 irons.

• 1 month later...

Mike,

I went through and looked at the thread. You had a picture that said shoulders are too closed at p5 and something else. I def see that in my swing. I need to hit a ball feeling my arms being much faster than shoulders in transition. "Feeling" is key, I doubt I could over do it. Great thread!

@mvmac What I think will help you tremendously is to make some swings using only your arms and shoulders as much as possible, especially on the through swing. Try to really stay back and let the club swing in front of you. In your swing the body is a bit in front of the arms, on the backswing as well. On the backswing the hips and knees open up before the club has gone very far. Let the club get going before the body going back. On the forward swing, try to keep your back to the target longer. This is a common swing concept being taught now "back to the target." If the body is too far in front of the arms there is very little control over impact, and you have to really stay ahead of it. If you can get the arms to be more in control of the forward swing, you can get a lot more height and spin on the iron shots.

Edited by Golfer2223

7 hours ago, Golfer2223 said:

@mvmac What I think will help you tremendously is to make some swings using only your arms and shoulders as much as possible, especially on the through swing. Try to really stay back and let the club swing in front of you. In your swing the body is a bit in front of the arms, on the backswing as well. On the backswing the hips and knees open up before the club has gone very far. Let the club get going before the body going back. On the forward swing, try to keep your back to the target longer. This is a common swing concept being taught now "back to the target." If the body is too far in front of the arms there is very little control over impact, and you have to really stay ahead of it. If you can get the arms to be more in control of the forward swing, you can get a lot more height and spin on the iron shots.

I hope you realize that Mike is an instructor and was just showing a drill in his latest video.

• 1 month later...

Got on a pressure matt this week, pretty cool stuff. Was getting into a old/usual habit of kicking in too much extension and moving my upper center forward into 4. This lead to both centers moving forward from 4-5 which caused me shift the weight towards my toes. The pressure trace went too sharply to the left. So here are the feels I'm working on the change things.

- Feel more loading into my right hip as I stay in flexion.
- Exaggerate the turning rates on the downswing as my head feels like it stays back.
- Similar feels/piece to what I've already been doing but with more exaggeration and instead of feeling the opening with the hips on the downswing I'm focusing more on the motion of the left shoulder.

The "after" pressure trace, much straighter and finishing into the left heel.

@mvmac01 came by to play on the @boditraksports

A photo posted by Dana Dahlquist (@danadahlquist) on

Putted really well last year and have been noticing some inconsistencies with my start lines recently. Filmed some putts and saw that my eyes were too far behind the ball and that I was setting up with too much shaft lean. So have been practicing feeling like the shaft is straight up and down at address and that I add some "float load" during the stroke. So far so good, hitting the putts much more solid and they're starting on line.

Sometimes I even practice my putting ? #putting #ping #b65 #superstroke

A video posted by Michael McLoughlin (@mvmac01) on

4 hours ago, mvmac said:

Putted really well last year and have been noticing some inconsistencies with my start lines recently. Filmed some putts and saw that my eyes were too far behind the ball and that I was setting up with too much shaft lean. So have been practicing feeling like the shaft is straight up and down at address and that I add some "float load" during the stroke. So far so good, hitting the putts much more solid and they're starting on line.

I see you are finally getting serious about lowering your scores ;-)