Jump to content
IGNORED

My Swing (mvmac)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished second in a club tournament this weekend. Crazy turn of events being tied for the lead with two to play, can see the post below.   Sticking with the same lower body feels, on the c

Swing on the left was after a few weeks of playing a lot so earlier this week had to clean up some laziness with my pivot. Green line was drawn just outside my right hip at 1. Can see the trail hip wa

If you follow the swing thread you know I'm always working on getting less shallow/more steep on the downswing but only made minimal gains mechanically. To see if I can really change it I've been want

Posted Images

Originally Posted by onephenom

will try what tomorrow? look up swings by players like rory, tiger, any other professional player to see there swing plane at impact vs address plane? do that now, see if you're right or not.


Trust me bro i have done that visualize that feel that think about that but end of the day who am i to comment on mike's swing? I can take rory's video and put in side by side with mike and he's still "correct" in many ways even though it's a hell of a difference IMHO

His a Teaching Professional. A Scratch player single handicapper been to lesson from the best instructors and REALLY learning about physics and mechanics

Me? A young golfer. Only a year into Golf no lesson from any instructors and definitely nothing about physics etc.

The bad thing about being a pro is that you think you're better than those who aren't. Sadly the truth in this golf society .

Non-Pros -

(In my honest opinion , my 2cents worth , my thoughts etc etc)

Pros -

(Gotta say, these comments are pretty funny.  Here's a swing from today, looks like I'm getting a 90 degree turn a2_wink.gif )

(You seem to be unaware that a lot of the information in golf magazines is BAD. Just because someone says "keep your chin up" does not make it good.

Mike knows what he's talking about. You'd do well to listen rather than blather on as you've done thus far.)

Yes you pros have trained , worked , persevered a long routine before being able to turn pro but think about it everyone was once a beginner once a newbie once a swing moron.

Even if i'm wrong as a PROFESSIONAL is this how you would correct someone? by throwing facts and pictures and comments back?

I'm a beginner you're a professional. Instead of trying SO DAMN HARD to prove you're RIGHT why not just go show me how i'm wrong? Instead of

" My position looks similar to the golfer (Edoardo Molinari?) you posted"

" My shaft plane also returns to a similar positions as Molinari's."

I replied nicely with no intention to go against you but just curious about why you do swing differently etc etc hopefully able to learn some pointers and tips , but no you had to prove that you're right and i'm talking rubbish because i have not attended any physics lesson about golf and you're a pro.

Such a selfish professional does not deserve my respect and admiration. (honestly the reason why i decided to make fun of your "perfect impact swing plane swing")

Lastly with the amount of work and training you have put in through out the years i would have probably surpassed you with half the time you took to achieve your "kind of swing"...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bomberman

Trust me bro i have done that visualize that feel that think about that but end of the day who am i to comment on mike's swing? I can take rory's video and put in side by side with mike and he's still "correct" in many ways even though it's a hell of a difference IMHO

His a Teaching Professional. A Scratch player single handicapper been to lesson from the best instructors and REALLY learning about physics and mechanics

Me? A young golfer. Only a year into Golf no lesson from any instructors and definitely nothing about physics etc.

The bad thing about being a pro is that you think you're better than those who aren't. Sadly the truth in this golf society .

Non-Pros -

(In my honest opinion , my 2cents worth , my thoughts etc etc)

Pros -

(Gotta say, these comments are pretty funny.  Here's a swing from today, looks like I'm getting a 90 degree turn )

(You seem to be unaware that a lot of the information in golf magazines is BAD. Just because someone says "keep your chin up" does not make it good.

Mike knows what he's talking about. You'd do well to listen rather than blather on as you've done thus far.)

Yes you pros have trained , worked , persevered a long routine before being able to turn pro but think about it everyone was once a beginner once a newbie once a swing moron.

Even if i'm wrong as a PROFESSIONAL is this how you would correct someone? by throwing facts and pictures and comments back?

I'm a beginner you're a professional. Instead of trying SO DAMN HARD to prove you're RIGHT why not just go show me how i'm wrong? Instead of

"My position looks similar to the golfer (Edoardo Molinari?) you posted"

"My shaft plane also returns to a similar positions as Molinari's."

I replied nicely with no intention to go against you but just curious about why you do swing differently etc etc hopefully able to learn some pointers and tips , but no you had to prove that you're right and i'm talking rubbish because i have not attended any physics lesson about golf and you're a pro.

Such a selfish professional does not deserve my respect and admiration. (honestly the reason why i decided to make fun of your "perfect impact swing plane swing")

Lastly with the amount of work and training you have put in through out the years i would have probably surpassed you with half the time you took to achieve your "kind of swing"...

WOW, just WOW

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bomberman

.. but end of the day who am i to comment on mike's swing?

Could not have said it better myself.  And until you grow up and learn that these threads are here for everybody else to learn, and to offer and receive advice, you'd do well to continue to follow that advice as it pertains to everybody's swing threads you've been invading, not just Mike's.

It would also help to learn coherence. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bomberman

Even if i'm wrong as a PROFESSIONAL is this how you would correct someone? by throwing facts and pictures and comments back?

God Damn facts!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Could not have said it better myself.  And until you grow up and learn that these threads are here for everybody else to learn, and to offer and receive advice, you'd do well to continue to follow that advice as it pertains to everybody's swing threads you've been invading, not just Mike's.

It would also help to learn coherence. ;)


So Mike can give advice to people while others cant give advice to him? Because what? He's pro ? and he can't accept advise/opinions/insults??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bomberman

So Mike can give advice to people while others cant give advice to him? Because what? He's pro ? and he can't accept advise/opinions/insults??

Mike's proven himself to be very welcoming of advice......from those qualified to give it.  Those not qualified to give advice should, like small children, be seen but not heard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And you're qualified to say whose qualified to give advice and whose not? Who qualified you to qualify others then? And how do you even qualify one to be qualified? A PRO? Bloody h***
Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bomberman

And you're qualified to say whose qualified to give advice and whose not? Who qualified you to qualify others then?

And how do you even qualify one to be qualified? A PRO?

Bloody h***

A wise man knows his own limitations.

Conversely.......

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So Mike can give advice to people while others cant give advice to him? Because what? He's pro ? and he can't accept advise/opinions/insults??

Actually ,he's very open to advice... he explains why he's doing what he's doing. He explains what he's working on, IMPLYING THAT HE IS NOT PERFECT, as you insist on portraying himself above others. You give advice with no way to back it up.. then you state "who am I to give advice" when you gave him advice no one said you were dumb. They pointed out why that particular piece of information is wrong, like trusting an article in a magazine, which you blindly believed. That article is written by a pro, and you chose to listen to him. But if mike says something different ,suddenly he's thinking he's better than everyone? Lolll. Also, you say you haven't been rude... but you're the ONLY one being rude in this thread. Also, you called mike out for saying "my swing is similar to Eduardo" ... you used that picture to show that he's wrong! So what's wrong with him talking about his swing?. ITS HIS SWING THREAD! Youve Self proclaimed that you've been a golfer only a year, yet you make this sweeping assumption that all pros think they are better than other people. Not only are you wrong using mike and Erik as representative of this statement, it's rude, ignorant, and stereotypical to make such a judgment. "Why not show I'm wrong instead of why you're right" ... you understand, that when 2 people have contradicting beliefs, that showing you're wrong and he's eight is the same thing? I would hope so, and yet this is what comes out... Not sure why you think others can't give mike advice. I wonder, have you read any of the posts before yours? Or considered why he made a swing thread? -_- How do you expect him to explain something to someone, if he can't use facts, pictures, or say anything? Is he supposed to use the force? Still not sure what you're saying about looking at Rory or tiger or any touring pro's swing to compare to mikes... sounds like you're saying "hey, I know you guys are right about the club steepening on the downswing, and that every golfer does it, but I refuse to accept it because mikes a professional teacher"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bomberman

So Mike can give advice to people while others cant give advice to him? Because what? He's pro ? and he can't accept advise/opinions/insults??

Everybody can give advice, but you're not doing that.  You're just being insulting for the sake of ... I don't know what.  What purpose does it serve for you to come on here and insult people's swings?  Nothing constructive comes from that.  By all means, ask questions, and by all means offer advice, but insults have no place here.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And you're qualified to say whose qualified to give advice and whose not? Who qualified you to qualify others then? And how do you even qualify one to be qualified? A PRO? Bloody h***

You're talking like being a professional automatically disqualifies one for giving advice. Someone is qualified to give advice when they spend a ton of time learning about the swing, analyzing swings, learning the physics of the swing, learning how to teach all that, etc. That's when you're qualified.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bomberman

And you're qualified to say whose qualified to give advice and whose not? Who qualified you to qualify others then?

And how do you even qualify one to be qualified? A PRO?

Bloody h***

24 handicap with 1 year of experience is not qualified to instruct pro's.  You have a nice swing, and if you use the site properly you'll learn a lot and probably lower your handicap even more.  If instead you just want to be combative and alienate those here that can help, you're just wasting all our time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by onephenom

How do you expect him to explain something to someone, if he can't use facts, pictures, or say anything? Is he supposed to use the force?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bomberman

hold your gun.

You're pro? You cant even turn 90 degrees and finish off properly. You're like doing punch shots on every swing how in the world. You do realize that right?

What have golf become nowadays. really.

Originally Posted by bomberman

You guys are learning from him?

Horrible/bad back posture.

Your up swing is so flat , then you're coming over the top to hit it straight.

Hips are still squared upon impact decreasing your lag and impact.

Flipping your wrist so fast upon impact using your wrist to control the club. (unable to achieve flat wrist)

swing plane totally off...

If you're pro I'll better join the web.com tour and get my pro card.. (haha kidding)

(No offense was meant) Just trying to share my views if you don't like it then delete it!~

Originally Posted by bomberman

Trying so hard to console yourself by pulling all these pictures out. I mean nobody's perfect right?

Sounds somewhat condescending to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I replied nicely with no intention to go against you but just curious about why you do swing differently etc etc hopefully able to learn some pointers and tips , [U]but no you had to prove that you're right[/U] and i'm talking rubbish because i have not attended any physics lesson about golf and you're a pro. Such a selfish professional does not deserve my respect and admiration. (honestly the reason why i decided to make fun of your "perfect impact swing plane swing") Lastly with the amount of work and training you have put in through out the years i would have probably surpassed you with half the time you took to achieve your "kind of swing"...

With no due respect, you started this with your negative comments: [QUOTE]hold your gun. You're pro? You cant even turn 90 degrees and finish off properly. You're like doing punch shots on every swing how in the world. You do realize that right? What have golf become nowadays. really.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]You guys are learning from him? Horrible/bad back posture. Your up swing is so flat , then you're coming over the top to hit it straight. Hips are still squared upon impact decreasing your lag and impact. Flipping your wrist so fast upon impact using your wrist to control the club. (unable to achieve flat wrist) swing plane totally off... If you're pro I'll better join the web.com tour and get my pro card.. (haha kidding) (No offense was meant) Just trying to share my views if you don't like it then delete it!~[/QUOTE] If this is the way you want to use this forum, I'd rather see you didn't. You could start out by asking why he's doing this and that, instead of blatantly attacking and degrading his swing and work. You could start by looking up the word "respect" in a dictionary. As far as your own arguments go, I'm yet to be impressed. It is a very long time since cut-outs from magazines were worth anything, if they didn't by some stroke of luck get it right.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bomberman

So Mike can give advice to people while others cant give advice to him? Because what? He's pro ? and he can't accept advise/opinions/insults??

That's the thing, you aren't giving advice.  Mike's transparency throughout this thread has somehow escaped your vision.  The points that you have raised are proven to be either myths, or straight up incorrect and it's those points that Mike has responded to you on.  However, you seem to not accept the fact that you are simply incorrect.

As it pertains to how Mike swing "looks," well that's all interpretation.  To me, the swing looks great, to you maybe not so much; however, that doesn't mean it's a "bad" swing or fundamentally "wrong."  Actually, the fact that Mike can play to a scratch level proves that whatever it is that you are seeing/criticizing works, and works VERY well.

I think you would be better off critiquing in the context of curiosity rather than blatant bashing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • 1) Everyone is ignorant, since ignorance is the lack of knowledge. I am 100% ignorant in how viruses work. I know a small bit, but I don't know in detail enough to be able to speak on the subject.  2) When the facts show it is much more beneficial and safe to get the vaccine, in terms of your own health and in terms of the health of others, there is not much worth in having this difference of opinion. To me, it feels like you and others just want to be contrarian. When the facts are known to be as such, then it is expected to get some negative feedback from those who are correct in this regard. Though, it is a bit harsh to call someone uneducated and a moron. But, I think it is stupid to not get the vaccine unless you have a medical reason to do so.  Maybe not a moron, but definitely ignorant.  Also, do you respect the opinion of deplorable people? Come on, respecting everyones opinion is just not good for society. That is saying you respect the opinion of people like who commit horrible atrocities. Their opinion is they should be able to do so with out repercussions or are justified due to their religious doctrine. How can you respect that.  We are not talking about subjects like, what is the greatest football team of all time. This is about the validity of the vaccine (which it works stupidly well), and its utility for the safety of oneself and society (which is very high). These are facts. To say that I should respect the opinion of someone who doesn't believe in these facts, or has the opinion that they should disregard the vaccine. Yea, I am not respecting that opinion.  We are not talking about every discussion here. We are talking about this particular subject. So, don't try to generalize it.  Here is the thing, the facts are pretty clear here. All you have to say is, "Well, if I didn't have a family who pressured me, I wouldn't take the vaccine." That isn't a valid opinion. It is not based on anything but your gut feeling. It's like justifying that people who don't wear their seat belts are not idiots. They are 100% idiots for not wearing a seat belt. Seat belts reduce injuries and fatalities by over 55%. Not wearing a seat belt is just idiocy.  Well, the use of ignorant in this way is wrong.  You know the facts of the vaccine (I presume) since you are responding to this thread. If not, then you are ignorant since you lack the knowledge of the vaccine.  To have an opinion, not based on facts is to me idiotic.  Oh, I am 100% ignorant in many subjects. One of my college professors said the first day, "You are all ignorant people". Then he described what ignorance means. I went from almost being pissed off to thinking he's right. I am an ignorant person. I lack knowledge. I am not all knowing.  
    • I never cared for Rory, not sure exactly why. I really wouldn't get  excited to play a golf round with him. 
    • I finished reading LSW this morning...what a great and comprehensive book! I'll be reading it again, starting with the "Decision Mapping" and "Game Planning" sections. Frankly, before I spend much time on Shot Mapping, however, my swing has to get more consistent than it is now, or it will be a challenge to find much meaningful information, LOL. Regarding the latter point, using SVs has definitely lead me to focus on what skills are most important to practice. Specifically, I am focusing on Full Swing Motion shots (after spending the early part of 2021 focused on Short Game Motions shots and "Bead" putting drills) with Driver (get the ball in play as far as I can), Hybrids and irons (improve accuracy of approach shots) and Speed control for putts >= 25'. I will also be taking an AimPoint lesson in the near future.  Great stuff! 
    • If I spill a hot cup of coffee in my lap it's going to burn. If I drop a golf ball it's going to go down. Some matters are just not open to opinion.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Adlamb
      Adlamb
      (46 years old)
    2. Baba
      Baba
      (45 years old)
    3. Healup
      Healup
      (49 years old)
    4. SophieWaggner83
      SophieWaggner83
      (38 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...