mvmac

My Swing (mvmac)

605 posts / 102710 viewsLast Reply

Updated swing and a drill I'm doing to encourage more body and less arms in transition.

What Mario was happy about 😉

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Working on stabilizing more and strengthening the outside part of my left leg (glute medias/TFL) instead of the inner muscles, which can cause me pain. Also connects to why I tend to over-rotate and not get the hips tilted enough. Left leg/hip "collapses" early on the takeaway. Basically my tendency is to rotate by just moving the pelvis carriage and not do "work" at the joints.

Band drill and then trying to recreate the feel. Mario suggested I focus more on my right leg/femur than my left. Basically feel like I'm torquing my right foot clockwise which helps the femur rotate internally. As I'm writing this I realized it's was something @iacas brought up a couple weeks ago. So far the cue has been good and I feel that left hip/thigh doing work.

backswing.jpg

Good contact on these. Mechanics are decent, would want to see more upper body rotation on the backswing so I can create some better separation in transition so I'm not "under" as much. Starting to see a little more pop on the ball. Driver has been stupid straight the past couple weeks.

Nice. The feeling I asked about helps me not over-extend the trail knee too.

Probably because a little more work is done at the hip joint like I think you said.

Review video basically says it all. 

Couple swings after today's round.

Also got on K-Vest earlier in the week with Brian. Have a session with him tomorrow and Mario will be there. 

Ok, so Mevo showing low smash factor for you as well for driver. I doubt your actual smash is lower than 1.47-1.48 in general. 

Starting to see the ball go a bit farther on the course. Start lines have been really good, driver has been great. Main focus is still on left knee and ramping up the backswing speed.  

Not thinking about it when I'm swinging but have been making more rehearsals and drills at home with the backswing expansion piece. 

I remembered when I was working on that before and 6/7 was looking good. Beauty of keeping track. 

Couple centimeters better? lol, left pic is a touch further into the downswing. I've done better, body position is more what I want with the right pic. 

3.jpg

7 hours ago, mvmac said:

Starting to see the ball go a bit farther on the course. Start lines have been really good, driver has been great. Main focus is still on left knee and ramping up the backswing speed.  

Not thinking about it when I'm swinging but have been making more rehearsals and drills at home with the backswing expansion piece. 

I remembered when I was working on that before and 6/7 was looking good. Beauty of keeping track. 

Couple centimeters better? lol, left pic is a touch further into the downswing. I've done better, body position is more what I want with the right pic. 

3.jpg

Man those pigeons trust you!😀

On 8/24/2020 at 4:13 AM, boogielicious said:

Man those pigeons trust you!😀

It was pretty funny. Hit like 20 shots over them and they barely moved.

From yesterday, little time with Brian on K-Vest. Better!

Same left knee backswing feel. As a result on the good ones, I’m also feeling that I’m loading “deeper” into the right hip, like the head of the joint is shifting back but not rotating. The better I can tap into those deep rotators, (almost like I'm "spiraling" my torso), the better the arms the club head work. Not even thinking the arms or club. I like how steady the head is.

Long term will need to get the arms and pivot more synced up. As I abduct the right leg in transition I need to keep the upper rotated a bit longer. At 6 my body is basically at impact position but arms/club lag behind so I have to wait for things to catch up (flip). 

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg