Sign in to follow this  
Ash1974

No more carrying for me :(

Note: This thread is 3413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 posts / 1347 viewsLast Reply

Really like to carry but I have had issues with my back (lower right side relating to right hip tightness, Physio sorting this) and right shoulder for a couple of years now.

I am booked in for surgery on my right shoulder to have a "Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression" in layman’s terms they will shave some bone away, as it wearing away the tendons in my shoulder and causing me pain and numbness (if the tendons snap or tear I will be in trouble)

I am booked in for this on 6th December to maximise the use of my membership until I would not be playing because of winter.

Will be off golf for around 6-8 weeks, but when I return it is no more carrying for me.

Good news is that I got some new stuff

Got this trolley for £75 from my local shop...

Motocaddy S1 Lite Push Cart

And this Cart Bag ordered in for my Birthday (4 days after the Op!)

Ping Frontier LT 2010

So not all bad news, just hope the operation goes well so I will be in good shape for the start of the 2011 season!

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

So not all bad news, just hope the operation goes well so I will be in good shape for the start of the 2011 season!

I'm drinking to that!

Sorry about your shoulder. Very nice bag, though. If that'd been out when I was looking for one it might have kicked the Ogio out of the boot. Less storage (looks like) but cleaner lines.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rehab well man, it can be a long haul to get your shoulder/bicept muscle back to where it was before.
I had the same surgery and it does take awhile.

hopefully all goes well with the op etc.

75 notes for that trolley is pretty good last time i looked at them they were around the £100 mark.
nice bag aswell. very similar to the tour callaway bag which is very nice as well.

i carry at the moment but i did have an electric trolley for a bit before i was forced to sell it you will notice such a difference after a round....you feel as fresh as a daisy. definatly fewer aches and pains.

Hope that your surgery goes well... It sucks when you can't play or practice (I had hernia surgery a few weeks ago so I can't lift my bag right now ). Congrats on the new stuff though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This summer has been unusually brutal (and summer in the south-east US is always hot) and I began to realize how stressful it was on me to always carry my bag. It got to the point of where I was carrying 10 clubs, 4 balls, and a handful of tees in order to keep my bag as light as possible. I decided to buy a push cart and now I can carry all my gear and anything else I feel like bringing. I have to admit this has been one of my best golf purchases to date!

I am procrastinating this shoulder surgery (both sides) for years now.

Thinking of getting it done in january, after my Arizona-Winter-Getaway.

@JML22 Could you give me some details, how your rehab went?

Its fine now its just when they say whatever timeline for rehab... dont stop, keep doing it because after like 1.5 years after my surgery it kind of goes back to a post surgery state and it started to hurt and click again. But i started doing my exercises again and its gone now
So just remember to keep doing your exercises no matter how trivial it may seem.

I'm drinking to that!

Yeah the thing that swung it for me was the layout for the clubs, wanted it the same as my Nike bag like this...

Has 9 storage pockets AFAIK.

Cheers guys for all you well wishes

I am planning to do 8 weeks rest from golf (although all the rehab and surgeon said 6 weeks) from the day of the Op which will take me to around the 6th Feb, which is when I can start practising again. I will be having regular physiotherapy so should be in good shape by then.

I have caught the damage early, from what the surgeon said after seeing the MRI is that there is no need for any re-constructive surgery on the shoulder muscles or tendons as they are just slightly frayed and swollen so it is just a shaving of the bone.

I don't suffer from regular pain/numbness but the painful times are becoming more and more regular, so as I have full private health with work I can get it all done and dusted hopefully.

I know what your saying about the exercise's as well, I dislocated my knee in 2006 and still do the physio every now and then if it starts to feel week

I am looking forward to being less tired as well with the cart, hopefully it will help with my game as well?

hopefully all goes well with the op etc.

Yes I could not find them any cheaper than £99 online, so they had 1 left at my local pro shop that had been on display with no box (not a mark on it) so he offered £75 and I said aye

Man they're quick to do surgeries down in the states
the only reason why i got mine was because i had a labrum tear and it felt like my shoulder was hanging out of its socket so they did the decompression + a slap tear fix at the same time

Man they're quick to do surgeries down in the states

I am in the UK

the only reason why i got mine was because i had a labrum tear and it felt like my shoulder was hanging out of its socket so they did the decompression + a slap tear fix at the same time

Yep and that is the reason that they are doing the bone spur reduction, so that the freys do not get any worse and turn into a tear.

As said it is on private healthcare and I do not think for one minute they would do this op at my stage, if I were having it done on the NHS.

Yep I am staying at my mothers for the first few days, as I need a bed to sleep on my own (kids taken up all the beds in my house) so that will be nice, first time I have been there for more than one night since I was a kid

Then the good wife will be looking after me, which I will enjoy big time; as it will do her head in that I cannot help out with the kids for a couple of weeks

Eat lots of protein and recovery food, take your vitamins and what not.
Your shoulder will be the size of a football when you come out.... its normal though.

Note: This thread is 3413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!