IGNORED

Most embarassing thing that has happened to you on a Golf course

mx273
Note: This thread is 4922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lol you're not liable if you hit a house on the golf course, they assume all liability. I wouldn't play out of their back yard though, thats messed up not to mention usually OB.

Not sure that's always true. I play two courses that have signs informing that golfers are responsible for damage done to houses.

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure that's always true. I play two courses that have signs informing that golfers are responsible for damage done to houses.

Oh? Really? I'd be peacing out so fast then...

All the golf courses I've played around here make the owner liable.. lol

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Lol you're not liable if you hit a house on the golf course, they assume all liability. I wouldn't play out of their back yard though, thats messed up not to mention usually OB.

Is that true? I've played many courses that have homes on them that had signs saying the golfer was liable for any damage done to homes. That always scares me out of hitting driver on the holes with houses

What's in my sunmountain.gif C-130 Bag:
callaway.gif -Razr X Black irons

RBZ 3 Hybrid

-Burner 2.0 3 wood

- Burner Driver 9.5*

SCOR Golf- 41* 45* 49* 53* 57* wedges

odyssey.gif White Ice 2 Ball Putter

-Pro V1X balls

Is that true? I've played many courses that have homes on them that had signs saying the golfer was liable for any damage done to homes. That always scares me out of hitting driver on the holes with houses

I guess its not true where you guys play. I haven't had to sign any on the 3 courses in my area with houses on them. I was in the club house when a guys brand new 2010 dodge truck got hit on the hood and the club house told him sorry but no one can do anything about it.

in regards to embarassing...I was playing with 3 guys about 6 years ago. I was struggling and was dropping f-bombs, GD's, JC's, etc... and go on to ask the 3 guys what they do for a living. One guy answered he was a pastor.

My dad and I were playing in a church tournament with the head deacon of a church. This guy was dropping curses all of the golf course. Greatest thing I have ever heard.

I play the new Titleist Nerf Golf Ball...flies like a Prov1, soft as cotten :)

Well, it wasn't ON the course, but heading TO the course, just today! What a surprise, I actually pick up a used Hippo golf cart from Play It Again Sports and one of the wheels falls off halfway down my street. Of course, had to head back, shaking my head and muttering a few choice words as people drive by, watching me. >_<

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

I could give a flying bleep if a priest hears me curse. My opinion the only reason people are offended is because they choose to be offended. I offend no one, they allow themselves to be offended.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just yesterday I stopped by the course to play 9 after work. I decided to hit a bucket a the range first. Got there and got set-up and started shanking really bad. I knew the course pro was watching me from the shop - probably laughing. Anyway - I shanked the whole bucket - just about every one.

Then I walked up to the first tee and shanked my drive. Walked out to it and shanked my second shot, too. It wasn't until hole #2, when I was finally out of view of the clubhouse, that I managed to hit one.

It depends. The course (or anyone) can't definitively assign liability just by putting up a sign. It depends on local laws and the circumstances. The sign is mostly there to discourage you from trying to involve them in the dispute, and it may help them argue that they shouldn't be liable since they've informed you of the risks of playing there, but it'd still be up to a court to decide the liability if it came to that.

The most embarrassing moment I've had was on the range. I had a set of inexpensive (not ultra-cheap, but not a brand name you've heard of) starter clubs and I was hitting the 3-iron. I hit a shot and it felt really strange on the follow-through. I watched as the club head flew about 30 yards down the range. I just about abandoned it, but the stranger next to me convinced me I should retrieve it, so I got to go ask everyone on the range to stop while we searched for it. I felt like a winner there... Funny thing was that the same thing had happened to my 5-iron a couple weeks before. Both of them snapped right through the metal in the hosel on clean contact with the ball. Needless to say, I haven't felt the need to test the others---I replaced the irons pretty soon after that, before anyone got hurt by a flying club head.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I was standing on the lip of a really big steep bunker probably like 10 ft tall or more it was the frontside of the green and i was watching my friend chip on and holding both our bags. He blades it across the green and over and I laugh and go Guess I won this hole. As he walks by me he gives me a push/stiffarm to the chest I take one step back and BOOOM down 10ft into the bunker with our bags and all......................................................
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I was out playing a par 3 with a buddy before I had boughten a stand bag, I was still using my old rickety cart bag that I had gotten with my hand me down clubs .. I went to try and stand them on there own with a small decline towards some bush/water and for the most part the bag was staying upright. After we finished the hole, I walked over and went to put my putter back in my bag only to knock it off balance and in slow motion I watched it start tipping towards the water. I reached out to try and grab it and ended up losing my balance and sliding down the hill into the bushes and water.

I quit after that hole.

In The Bag:
Bag -
Driver [9.5*] -
Fairway Woods [3,5] -
Irons [4-9, PW, SW] - Wedges [52*, 60*] - Putter -

I was standing on the lip of a really big steep bunker probably like 10 ft tall or more it was the frontside of the green and i was watching my friend chip on and holding both our bags. He blades it across the green and over and I laugh and go Guess I won this hole. As he walks by me he gives me a push/stiffarm to the chest I take one step back and BOOOM down 10ft into the bunker with our bags and all......................................................

Did you break his nose after that?? That's kind of a crappy thing to do... I also had a buddy do something like that to me. We were playing best call so we were going to pick up his ball, so I was leaning out of the cart a little to get the ball as he drove by, he makes a hard left turn and throws me out of the cart. I was a little pissed when he came back...

Bag:sunmountain.gif MPB
Driver: cleveland.gif XLS 10.5 *
Fairway wood:nike.gif SQ DYMO2 3 wood
Irons: ping.gif G10's 4-pw
Wedge: vokey.gif Spin milled 54* and 60*Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot XG

Well, it wasn't ON the course, but heading TO the course, just today! What a surprise, I actually pick up a used Hippo golf cart from Play It Again Sports and one of the wheels falls off halfway down my street. Of course, had to head back, shaking my head and muttering a few choice words as people drive by, watching me. >_<

hahhaahh classic

I remember one time I was playing with my brother and we were teeing off from an elevated tee box. He topped his drive and it just made it to the bottom of the hill.... So we get back in the cart (I'm driving)... and we go pretty much full speed down the hill... at the bottom I make a sharp left to get to his ball. Our speed combined with him not holding on launched him out of the cart. I guess it's really more embarrassing for him rather than me, but I still felt bad.

Just a side note, this course and many of the other ones that I play are lined by houses, and the majority of them state somewhere (be it a sign, in the clubhouse, or on the scorecard) that the GOLFER is responsible to any damage done to private property.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The breakfast chili dog at the clubhouse I had at the turn wasn't treating me right, I was playing alone, no one was around as it was an extremely slow day, so, I decide to let out the biggest fart of my life. I was sure I'd hit a 400 yard bomb after relieving that tension. Anyways, long story - short, the cart girl (who is a total babe) decided to cut through the trees to ask if I wanted another beer right then. By the time she spoke, it was too late to retreat, the spectre had begun to leave my presence. Needless to say, I didn't play too well the rest of the day, and she never did come back.

My pants tore where the butt crack is at, when I was squatting down to read the green.
Luckily, my underwear color was pretty similar to those of the pants so it was less noticeable.
I finished the round with that pants on... Like I had a choice...

Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

Note: This thread is 4922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!