IGNORED

Range Finder in PGA Tour

Note: This thread is 3857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A Pro-Am is still a PGA Tour and Amateur tournament right?? So it's legal for us at the amateur tournaments...

Rangefinders and GPS are legal by the USGA for tournament play, as are golf carts and shorts. It's the

PGA Tour itself that has the rangefinder rule, and it only applies to PGA Tour events.

Um... The picture says "pro-am." That is all, this thread is done.

Yep... they can use whatever they want in practice. I worked as hole marshal for 4 years at a PGA Tour comp and the caddies spend a lot of the practice days (the Wednesday pro-am is still a practice round for the Pros) out with their rangefinders. But I guarantee you that they are not in the bag come Thursday.

Rangefinders and GPS are legal by the USGA for tournament play, as are golf carts and shorts. It's the

Not so. The Rules do

not allow the use of electronic rangefinders in competition except by implementing a local rule allowing them (Rule 14-3). That local rule is just about a standard in the US, but to use them in a competition it does have to be active. If you have any question it makes sense to ask before using one in a tournament. My club instituted the local rule as soon as it was allowed, and it will continue to be in effect until the rule is changed to allow the devices universally.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.