IGNORED

My Swing (mdl)

mdl

Definitely more forward with the ball position. Might be part of why you tip back in your swing. You have too much shaft lean at impact.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 10 months later...

Feeling great about my progress!

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Been working on:

1. Better swing plane through the finish (club exiting lower at A8/A9), less in-to-out plane)
  2. More open at impact and into the finish
  3. More stable club face through the zone = less whippy/flippy, straight arms longer into the follow through

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Posture is a bit in your heels. 

image.png

They should be over your ankles more. It might feel like you need to bend over at the waist first, keeping your legs pretty straight, then give a slight flex in your knees. It will feel like you are out over your feet more, maybe like you are tipping over forward. You will need to stand further away from the ball. You may need to round your upper back more. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

18 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Posture is a bit in your heels. 

image.png

They should be over your ankles more. It might feel like you need to bend over at the waist first, keeping your legs pretty straight, then give a slight flex in your knees. It will feel like you are out over your feet more, maybe like you are tipping over forward. You will need to stand further away from the ball. You may need to round your upper back more. 

Good catch. I've totally been background working on that 😆 Better than it used to be. But yeah, as you can see if it's not what I'm concentrating on my hips will drift back a bit.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚