IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Well, I haven't seen this one get started yet so, lets get with it.

You didn't look very hard.

Merged.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If its got Sarah from the Sandals Resort show in it I'll be there watching.

+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 9 characters.

Haha just save the first five minutes and they put the rivals in the same bedroom together. I wanna see Blake and Andrew fight.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Yeah, this show should be very fun to watch.
I've been looking forward to this show.

Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

I don't understand why everyone hates Giulliani so much. He really didn't seem like such a bad sort. Talked a little too much maybe but if you watched the show at all he was always supportive of everyone. It was that other bald prick that drove me up the wall.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I don't understand why everyone hates Giulliani so much. He really didn't seem like such a bad sort. Talked a little too much maybe but if you watched the show at all he was always supportive of everyone. It was that other bald prick that drove me up the wall.

What really drives me crazy about him is his utter lack of humility. He's a guy who has everything yet acts like he's a two year old and his daddy won't let him have another cookie. Plus the whole Duke golf team think made him look like an ass.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I didn't start watching until the last ten minutes. Can someone give me the gist of what the new format for this season is all about?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I didn't start watching until the last ten minutes. Can someone give me the gist of what the new format for this season is all about?

Basically whichever team benches the entire other team first wins $100,000 and the MVP of the team wins $50,000.

How was Brian? Still as cocky as ever?

Another thing- why is Football on again? Wasn't he the first one off of his show? He wasn't a polorizing guy either, it seemed like TGC was just trying to cash in on Boo fever.

I didn't watch today, and due to scheduling I doubt I will the rest of the season. SVU is on at 9.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

As a guy, I would hate to have to explain this show to any non-golfer watching this. How could you convince anyone that most guy golfers are not douchebags like every one of these guys appear to be.

Sorry fellow dudes, I am cheering for the women on this one.
  • Upvote 1

The 1 shot handicap eliminated any threat of suspense. I can't believe they contemplated that, let alone decided to use it.

It's really going to diminish the series if they keep that in place. The producers have often said viewers won't watch bad golf. I'm not interested in watching unfair golf. It's mathematically clueless to introduce that type of imbalance, particularly when the superior player has the 1 shot spot. It's like football or basketball when a team is much better and playing at home. How many advantages you you want?

It's this season's version of the Save/Send card, something they brought out of nowhere and didn't think out properly. Make it 1/2 shot, if you insist on a handicap. At least that way the disadvantaged player merely needs to win by 1. Seriously, what were the odds of Brenda defeating Anthony by 2 or more over 2 holes?

Darn shame, because other aspects of episode one were very good. The long opener was effective including the airport scenes. The introductory sequence with each player's name on screen was the best ever, so dramatically improved over Sandals Resorts it's like a completely different company produced it. The handoffs from player to player in that segment are upbeat and tongue in cheek, with patience instead of the frantic and disjointed flashes from scene to scene like Sandals Resorts.

Also, the glass breaking challenge was terrific, and not merely because it was so tight. Everyone got to participate, dozens of shots including a time criteria. In Sandals Resorts the producers managed to twist that challenge to such absurdity only 7 shots were attempted.

The 1 shot handicap eliminated any threat of suspense. I can't believe they contemplated that, let alone decided to use it.

I agree. The 1 shot advantage is just stupid. It's almost as if the folks putting on the show are afraid to just leave it up to the golfers to decide the outcome. They try to make it more "Interesting" but all they're doing is turning off their core audience.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

• Administrator
I agree. The 1 shot advantage is just stupid. It's almost as if the folks putting on the show are afraid to just leave it up to the golfers to decide the outcome. They try to make it more "Interesting" but all they're doing is turning off their core audience.

I think it's fine. The whole show's contrived and you're gonna complain about a little additional contrivance?

You need a little advantage for winning the team play.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On the nest Big Break....losing team has to make putts while being tazed! Shocking results!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I agree that most of the guys seem like total d-bags...with that said, I'll be rooting for the women's team. Go Sara Brown

+1, These guys are horrible. What the hell were they thinking? Cheering for the girls and bye the way, that Lori is a stick.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Note: This thread is 2773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!