IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note:Β This thread is 2771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I just hate the whole idea of team play, this isnt the Ryder or Solheim Cup. They should have made it just like Prince Edward Island, everyone plays against everyone and someone gets eliminated on each show. I hate seeing the same people each week over and over again, waters down the whole show and makes the challenges take forever. How will we ever really know who is the best player if players on the same team never have to play against each other?

I am sure the end of the show will be match play vs the competitors that haven't struck out

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am sure the end of the show will be match play vs the competitors that haven't struck out

Problem is, there is a chance that one of them (even both) will NOT be the leader in MVP points.....

"Come on Sara.... Win me $50,000 by winning this hole!!" "make this putt David and I'm playing in a Tour event. You can loop for me."

Β :macgregor:Β V Foil 8.5* Β  Β :tmade:Β Mid Rescue 16*Β  -- :wilsonstaff:Β RMΒ  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey:Β 56/10Β  -- :scotty_cameron:Β Studio DesignΒ 2Β  & a Β :srixon:Β Z StarΒ 

It would be nice if the girls got a four stroke advantage at the beginning of each challenge. That's just because they're sweeter than the guys. Bye the bye, That Lori is a stick!! That girl can play!

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.
Β 

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

She can indeed... the two most experienced players seem to be the stalwarts for both teams. Not surprising. A game of handling your nerves, mental makeup and finding a way to achieve despite misses (or minimize the frequency or severity of your misses) - that's golf.

Β :macgregor:Β V Foil 8.5* Β  Β :tmade:Β Mid Rescue 16*Β  -- :wilsonstaff:Β RMΒ  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey:Β 56/10Β  -- :scotty_cameron:Β Studio DesignΒ 2Β  & a Β :srixon:Β Z StarΒ 

I never had a chance to watch the show that Drew was on, but so far I actually like him and A-Rod the best out of the guys group. At least Drew is supportive of his team and seems to have the drive to win the show. He probably should have been team captain vs the older guy.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey WhiteΒ Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Andrew's season was nuts iirc. He and Blake were on it. Can't recall who won. Mike Perez maybe (Pat's younger bro. Mike is also mentioned in John Feinstein's Q School book)

I've been watching the show and overall I like most of the BB's in the past. I'm a big SB fan, so glad they brought her back.. what a hottie! Team format sucks, and no elimination sucks also, but it is different and I think that's what they were going for. I dislike the CONSTANT slow motion! I want to see these players in full speed at least part of the time. I think they could get a lot more golf in if they cut down the theatrics a tad. How about some shot tracking.. are these players working the ball, who uses fades or draws? I'd like to see some of that. The amount of spin some of these players generate is nice, just please, STOP THE SLOW MOTION.

Driver - VR str8 fit
3 wood - Burner 09
3 hybrid - Burner hybrid
Irons - VR split cavity S300 shaft
SW - CG15 56 degreeLW - VR forged 60 degreePutter - Studio select

I too am a BB fan and have watched all of them. I like this format as they have brought together some volatile personalities and are setting them in a team format. It has been interesting so far and suspect it will get more so as the pressure mounts. My money is on the ladies, they tend to bond better than men in these circumstance although it isn't a gimme as they tend to be more "catty" also so it could fall apart for them.

Butch

How can anyone not mention how much hotter Elena Robles has gotten since her first BB? Sheeyit. Shes smoking. its a tough call for me who is hotter Sara or Elena. I became a huge Robles fan after she called out whats his name for shanking one. She actually dropped the S bomb (shank not shit) ON the course talking isht to the mens team. That was great. I love it.

Giuliani is a bigger douche than ever. he must sit around and study motivational posters all day.
I saw a challenge and worked it into an opportunity blah blah. Too much positivity can backfire too. "we're going to win this one" and then you don't. Now you're a liar. A positive outlook is key but I can feel the pressure these idiots are loading up on their teamates at home.
The girls are having fun and playing golf and kicking ass. The men are going grey tossing and turning at night. I dont see how the women dont win.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Elena walking out of the pool in the intro does catch a few viewers attention.....

As for no elimination - there is. Two strikes and you don't hit another ball. You could share in the winnings if one of your team members wins the whole thing, right? That seems a bit odd right now, but during that last match? Camera shots of the peanut gallery will be awesome. If the match swings from one side to the other a bit (they nearly always do) a few verbal barbs will fly back and forth between the eliminated players - guaranteed.

Some type of shot shape or tracker is an excellent idea. Oddly, I have not noticed an overload of slow motion. I'll be looking for it now.

Andrew goes "Godfather" in the epi tonight, apparently. My good friend Carling Coffing said make sure to watch.....

Do the guys ever catch a break? The girls pick all the high numbers and when they hit a crap shot they still get lucky.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex |Β taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gifΒ California Coronado 35" |Β ogio.gifΒ Grom Black Plaid Bag |Β Β Penta TP

Β 

WTF was Dave thinking last night. Where did he get 295 from? and then he jacks a 3 wood 80 yards over the green...I am glad that guy is sitting...definitely one of the worse players to be on BB. I think Brian is eff'n hilarious.

My all time 4-some would include Sarah and Elena....

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9Β  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |
Β 

WTF was Dave thinking last night. Where did he get 295 from? and then he jacks a 3 wood 80 yards over the green...I am glad that guy is sitting...definitely one of the worse players to be on BB. I think Brian is eff'n hilarious.

Brian is a mess. He's "That" guy who you don't want to play with because you'd spend the entire round listening to him berate himself all day.

That guy is going to spontainiously(sp) combust on the coures some day.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Well the ladies are just doing a better job of managing the competition. They actually discuss things and seek consensus and have made some smart decisions. Unfortunately my male brothers are doing some really dumb things starting with A-Rod and Drew calling out Lori and Blair, how dumb was that? Dave has an ego much larger than his game and probably good he is benched for the duration. But it was a good decision by the ladies to set him down and make a statement. Brian is a nut case and I'm sure will explode sooner or later and a likely candidate for the next benching. But after that I suspect the men might get the message that it is a competition and the ladies are not going to give it away. If my male brothers want to win they are going to have to earn it by making some better decisions on who/when (assuming they ever get in a decision making position again) and with their sticks.

Butch

I have no idea what Dave is doing half the time.. and Andrew is about a big baby.. a tattle tale..LOL

brian is a head case..LOL but I agree with your 4 some.. but you can add in Cristina as well.

Tools in the OgioΒ bag.
Driver Β  Β  Β Callaway
Β Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5*Β Extra Stiff

3 wood Β Β Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid Β  Β Β Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons Β  Β  Β  Ping Β I20 5-PW

Wedges Β PingΒ Tour GorgeΒ 52Β & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter Β  Β  Scotty CameronΒ Monterey

Balls Β  Β  Β Bridgestone B-330

Shoes Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Skycaddie SGX

Brian is a head case and the boys might be better to have him sitting. Once Brian is gone they will have some pretty strong players left. Might make it easier for them to get some of the chicks out of the comp.

When the chick are eliminated do you think they will sit on the bench in bikinis?

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9Β  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |
Β 

If the girls are smart, they'll never put brian in a benching challenge. That guy is the downfall of the mens team. Everyone here has I'm sure had their own game feel a little weird when someone in the group is blowing up after every swing.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

If the girls are smart, they'll never put brian in a benching challenge. That guy is the downfall of the mens team. Everyone here has I'm sure had their own game feel a little weird when someone in the group is blowing up after every swing.

I was thinking the same thing, however they took Dave out and he is nearly as bad if not worse than Brian. That will also mean that they will have to play the better players earlier and hope that they can beat them. There are certainly some different strategies that can be used in this format, both with their pros and cons.

Β 

Note:Β This thread is 2771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!