IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was thinking the same thing, however they took Dave out and he is nearly as bad if not worse than Brian. That will also mean that they will have to play the better players earlier and hope that they can beat them. There are certainly some different strategies that can be used in this format, both with their pros and cons.

Taking out Dave was a good strategic move. The girls should leave Brian in just because he's volatile and disruptive to his teammates.

I give my wife grief for her reality shows and here I am getting sucked into one myself

My all time 4-some would include Sarah and Elena....

Sarah definitely but Elena, HELL NO! That chick is beyond annoying. There is something about a woman/girl who can dish it but not take it that makes them completely unattractive no matter how good they look. Same goes for Lori. She seems to think he game is untouchable. By the looks of next weeks previews, she has an off day and I doubt she holds it together.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

I enjoy watching this show, but the casting should put to rest once and for all the men vs. women debate.

I mean seriously, an assistant pro? A long drive champ? Christalmighty, they might as well have cast some SandTrappers for the men's team.

Elena needs to shut her mouth. Anthony would've had every right to remind Sarah about her previous miss or said something like "knock it close," but he didn't. For some reason, that got Elena's panties in a wad?

I fully expect the men to be more competitive once the numbers start to dwindle. Anthony, Andrew, and Football are all decent players. Only Lori and Sara (who would've won her BB show had her ball not moved) have proven to be good players for the ladies' team.

195, 295. Astonishing. Visually, any player who can break 100 can tell the difference. Secondly, lets assume the par 5 was between 500-550 yard. If he has 295 LEFT for his second, why can't he realise that can only happen if his drive went ONLY 205-255? Discover his mistake that way?

Unbelievable. The Big Break Blog on the golf channel . com stated he hit the 3 wood 275 uphill and into the wind..... niiice. To then look at the camera and say "that's a flier!" I'm darn happy I did not have a beverage in my mouth at the time... I would have sprayed it everywhere. Good for Sara B... birdie-birdie to Dave's bogey-quintuple or whatever it was. Does anyone "like" SB better when she has the ponytail or the hat on? The long hair is just a little too Farah Fawcett, 70's, Daisy Duke-ish to me. Go more modern girl! As for her ball moving last BB, Carling Coffing says hello!
My all time 4-some would include Sarah and Elena....

That's a twosome. Make it a threesome.

Dave says there were yardage markers IN THE FAIRWAY... he just didn't go look. Hilarious. http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-v...26000&rsec;=596
Do the guys ever catch a break? The girls pick all the high numbers and when they hit a crap shot they still get lucky.

Catch a break??????

The default distance (if you don't take a chance) was 12 feet. Only 6 and 9 were less than 12. The girls pulled 50% of those (Sarah with the 6). It was a 100 yard shot. The 35 feet, 27, whatever they were is not designed to make it easy in my opinion, but rather to test mental toughness. Can you hit your normal wedge shot (where you would expect to be between 1-12 feet with their skills) even though you have a cushion up to 30+? Do you change your approach? Do you baby it up there and fat it? If the shot was 175 yards, and the choices were still the same... 6, 9, 12, up to 30+ -NOW you have some bad luck for the men, as the ladies did get a few higher numbers, which would be a much bigger advantage on a 175 yard shot. When the ladies hit three feet (Brenda I think) inside her number.... I don't see that as a "crap" shot, just one she got away with. One of the men spun the ball back probably 30 feet and made his number by not very much.... same "crap" shot?

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Is there anything on earth as cute as Sara Brown?

no

Does anyone "like" SB better when she has the ponytail or the hat on?

yes....waaay cuter w the PT & hat in

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

MVP points after 4 shows....

Lori 20
Sarah B and Blair -15

A-Rod - 15
All other men - 10 (I think)

When does the turmoil, infighting and tension begin, as players without MVP points (or those who are behind) try to get into benching challenges, get $5,000 and some points, but perhaps are not the best players or not the best that day? Does Lori let Sara play a benching challenge two shows in a row? Prob not. How does she go about that without causing a team rift?

Going to get interesting.....

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

I immediately thought hulu.com... but it looks like they only have recaps, player bios, behind the scenes, Sarah pouring me beers by the hot tub, that kind of stuff. You can see all that at golfchannel.com

What part of Europe are you in? Not that it matters, just curious. I watched some Europa League action on some live feeds today.....

I immediately thought hulu.com... but it looks like they only have recaps, player bios, behind the scenes, Sarah pouring me beers by the hot tub, that kind of stuff. You can see all that at golfchannel.com

Im Irish, where you watching the liverpool game by any chance?

A) Sarah looked cuter than ever even when she was sick. And when she smiles. Holy isht. She takes her bad shots in stride too. She's a very good golfer.
2) Dave is AN IDIOT. They let them use rangefinders, there are yardage markers in the fairways, he should know how far he hit his drive, he should be able to tell hes only got 211 in and not 295 and still he drills a 3 wood 270. I mean if you think you have 295 and you grab a 3 wood then for sure youre driving 300+. This isnt a 600+ yard par 5 so how the hell? He's just an idiot. It shows you the pressure they're putting on themselves where you can just totally brain shit yourself.
C) Brians what we called in hockey a cancer. He will spread and bring everyone else down. When I was coaching we would sit those kids no matter how good they were until they found another organization to take them.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im Irish, where you watching the liverpool game by any chance?

Dreadful... The youngsters held their nerve, but other than that? Just Dreadful. Babel plays as if he's on roller skates. Jovanovic had a decent game, I like his patience on the ball and timing of his passes. Paulsen is awful. He'll take space on the dribble, then execute a square or backpass EVERY time. Ngog can be capable, but had no service today. He's also afraid to shoot the darn ball. Fowler, Owen, even Morientes pulled the trigger naturally, without even thinking. I expected my Italian neighbor to come over and stab me during the game. I would have welcomed the chance to stop watching it, to be honest. PLENTY of Liverpool support in Ireland I hear.

Cheers, YNWA, Bryan (several generations here, but we're Irish as Americans can be, Mother's maiden name is Cass. Except for my father's damn German lines.) To get this back to Big Break.......Sarah Brown would do well with a pint of half Guinnes half Harp in any pub on the island.... and do that little one arm raised cheer thing each time somebody brought her one!

2) Dave is AN IDIOT. They let them use rangefinders, there are yardage markers in the fairways, he should know how far he hit his drive, he should be able to tell hes only got 211 in and not 295 and still he drills a 3 wood 270. I mean if you think you have 295 and you grab a 3 wood then for sure youre driving 300+. This isnt a 600+ yard par 5 so how the hell? He's just an idiot. It shows you the pressure they're putting on themselves where you can just totally brain shit yourself.

That was halarious when he did that. He was so not aware of what was going on and his reaction to how hot it came out made me laugh pretty hard. I like his laid back attitude when playing though.

Best "flier" of all time!!!

"Whoa!! Get down!! Sheesh tham came out hot!!!"

Ok Big Break fans.... I have a Sara Brown question that I do not want to post here.... as I am not interested in offending any of our lady members. It's nothing terrible, but GENTLEMAN - PM me if you are curious about my question. Ladies, PM me at your own risk. :)

Ok Big Break fans.... I have a Sara Brown question that I do not want to post here.... as I am not interested in offending any of our lady members. It's nothing terrible, but GENTLEMAN - PM me if you are curious about my question. Ladies, PM me at your own risk. :)

I'll answer it for you, when they say the size of your putter doesn't matter, they are lying.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

baahh.. just ask it

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

baahh.. just ask it

Agreed just ask it. If its too much to handle you can always edit the post.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Dreadful... The youngsters held their nerve, but other than that? Just Dreadful. Babel plays as if he's on roller skates. Jovanovic had a decent game, I like his patience on the ball and timing of his passes. Paulsen is awful. He'll take space on the dribble, then execute a square or backpass EVERY time. Ngog can be capable, but had no service today. He's also afraid to shoot the darn ball. Fowler, Owen, even Morientes pulled the trigger naturally, without even thinking. I expected my Italian neighbor to come over and stab me during the game. I would have welcomed the chance to stop watching it, to be honest. PLENTY of Liverpool support in Ireland I hear.

I couldnt watch Liverpool to be honest, very boring style of play, cass yeah thats Irish alright, they do but manchester united probably have a greater following

Note: This thread is 2773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!