IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Carling is coming over to hang on Sat. I'll ask her to ask Sara what is up with the delayed benching challenge and let you guys know.

It was odd to have an episode without one....

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Carling is coming over to hang on Sat. I'll ask her to ask Sara what is up with the delayed benching challenge and let you guys know.

Mmmhmm........and Santa Claus is going to the club with me....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why would they end the episode in the rain delay. I was really looking forward to the benching challenge but I guess we have to wait another week.

Andrew is good for ratings, they had am excuse to stretch 'the most shocking rose ceremony ever' into two episodes. No brainer for them.

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

See i think that Elana will beat Andrew, he is way too cocky for this tv show..

Brian is funny when he talks to him self " telling me to hit the green is like missing my face with a Fork" A-rod " he must eat in the dark"..LOL

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

See i think that Elana will beat Andrew, he is way too cocky for this tv show..

At least Andrew has some semblance of game to back up his talk. Brian is just a train wreck. On that note, I wonder how differently this show would be going if the producers had selected REAL golfers for the men's team in place of Dave & Brian.

New strategy for the guys --- if they win the team challenge, send Brian out to play until he eliminates himself. Either he loses and gets a strike, or magically gives one to a girl. WIN-WIN.

The biggest problem I see in this tactic is the men don't seem to be able to win the team challenge and apparently the women aren't interested in going after the "low hanging nuts" (no pun intended). I believe, if a Andrew plays as he is capable of, that he will beat Elena. Drew may be annoying at times but he can play. That is a big if however and we don't know what advantage the women will given in the benching challenge. I assume one stroke but maybe not.

Butch

The biggest problem I see in this tactic is the men don't seem to be able to win the team challenge and apparently the women aren't interested in going after the "low hanging nuts" (no pun intended). I believe, if a Andrew plays as he is capable of, that he will beat Elena. Drew may be annoying at times but he can play. That is a big if however and we don't know what advantage the women will given in the benching challenge. I assume one stroke but maybe not.

Very true... but if I'm the guys, Brain... sorry - BRIAN plays the next two benching challenges when the men can select their representative. Might be two shows, might be 5 shows to get it done, but I think it is a valid strategy. I will laugh myself off the couch when Brian has a strike and is playing to avoid his second... with all the guys openly/secretly rooting for Sara Brown to knock him out. (you know they would love to do it, and who doesn't love Sara B?)

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Very true... but if I'm the guys, Brain... sorry - BRIAN plays the next two benching challenges when the men can select their representative. Might be two shows, might be 5 shows to get it done, but I think it is a valid strategy. I will laugh myself off the couch when Brian has a strike and is playing to avoid his second... with all the guys openly/secretly rooting for Sara Brown to knock him out. (you know they would love to do it, and who doesn't love Sara B?)

If this is true what is the point? Brian will just sit on the bench and whine about how much he sucks and how sorry he is for being on the bench, but then again he may be relieved. He obviously doesn't do well when others depend on him.

Truthfully this isn't so much a guys vs girls, it is a rational vs irrational. I think the next season teams should be Blake, Brian, Dave, Elena and Anthony, and Anthony is assigned to tell Brian exactly what shot to hit each time. The other side could pretty much be anyone with a 10 or below handicap.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A players and caddie situation.... could be interesting. Is there going to be a next season? There aren't many twists they can do to keep it fresh. I watched the first few seasons, then lost track until three seasons ago (Blake, Andrew) gobbled up the ladies at Sandals and like this season as well.

They have done single men, single women, two person teams, men v women, bring back the villians, etc. Maybe they need to go big and get Nationwide or Futures Tour players? Seniors? (Not too keen on Seniors though)

If this is true what is the point? Brian will just sit on the bench and whine about how much he sucks and how sorry he is for being on the bench, but then again he may be relieved. He obviously doesn't do well when others depend on him.

Agreed. Brian doesn't want to be part of the team at all, and his team doesn't want him there. You don't have to watch the show long to see that the rest of the guys cringe every time he's competing. I can't blame them. Watching this guy talk to the camera about how he has every shot in the book, he has the best swing, no one has his experience...yet on the course, he never backs it up.

My thoughts on the rain-out episode: Elena - talked so much junk that I got the feeling she was doing it more to convince herself she could win. Sara - doesn't get much better than seeing you jump up and down in delight. Blair - anyone else notice that she hit a fairway wood for that final shot where she had to go longer than 289??? Lori - not your best effort Andrew - you were trying to pump yourself up just as much as Elena was...looks like a lot of nerves. David - why are you talking trash? you're 290 yard shot from 211 removed all "smack talk" priveleges.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

ur welcome

She's smiling at me.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

NOOOOOOOO! Brian is way too entertaining. I laugh every time I hear him talk about how good he is or how he's the best at a certain (almost all) shot. It's almost unbelievable that he really says that stuff.

He was an assistant pro at my home course. He says this stuff all the time...

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

I still hate the format of this show and the guys just dont get the team concept. Brian should never have been brought back, I hated him on the last big break. He's the stereotypical golfer who's not as good as he thinks he is and never figures this out. Robby or Hugo from the couples big break would have been a better choice than Brian as they were both better players.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

I still hate the format of this show and the guys just dont get the team concept. Brian should never have been brought back, I hated him on the last big break. He's the stereotypical golfer who's not as good as he thinks he is and never figures this out. Robby or Hugo from the couples big break would have been a better choice than Brian as they were both better players.

They put Brian in there because of his personality. Ever seen the real world? they dont put people in the house who they think are going to mash together like potatoes.

Note: This thread is 2765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!