IGNORED

Officially became an old man golfer!

Quinn07
Note: This thread is 4961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm probably going to be flamed for this so I'll put my flame shield :) .

I love to carry and hate the idea of a push cart. It reminds me of a shopping cart with golf clubs. If you have a bad back thats one thing, but under 30 and using a cart seems just lazy IMO.

Question for OP, what kind of back pain is it? I'm starting to get pretty sore in the lower back but if I do some stretching the next day it seems to get better.

Tour Burner 9.5 Aldila NV65R
MP-57 3-PW R300
588 SW 54
588 LW 60

i'm a lazy SOB and just get an electric cart. I usually hire a cousin or something to drive me around and make me feel special.

But then again i'm also one of those people who spends too much on the sport and am forced to carry, which i don't mind doing either. :) I'll only carry if i'm playing 9, if it's 18, it's def cart time.

In The Bag:
Bag -
Driver [9.5*] -
Fairway Woods [3,5] -
Irons [4-9, PW, SW] - Wedges [52*, 60*] - Putter -

If you dont ride, how do you carry the cooler full of beer?

AMEN!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 9 characters.

In The Bag:
Bag -
Driver [9.5*] -
Fairway Woods [3,5] -
Irons [4-9, PW, SW] - Wedges [52*, 60*] - Putter -

If you have a bad back thats one thing, but under 30 and using a cart seems just lazy IMO.

How much do you have in your bag besides the clubs? I have two towels, two sleeves of balls, a spare glove or two, and - and here's the weight - plenty of water. The push cart also allows you an umbrella attachment (something I've been meaning to affix for some time). I don't know how hot it gets in your neck of the woods, but out here, you need plenty of water just to stay hydrated. It's bad enough feeling dehyrdated when I'm just sitting at my desk.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love to carry and hate the idea of a push cart. It reminds me of a shopping cart with golf clubs. If you have a bad back thats one thing, but under 30 and using a cart seems just lazy IMO.

There is nothing wrong with being lazy sometimes, I got a cart today after school because I was already walking around all day and felt like riding.

I ride in a cart because many times when i play during the week i dont have much time and im still not good enough to always hit the ball where im aiming which means many times going back and forth across the fairways, sometimes in the wrong fairway. Walking would take forever and would just take too long and I dont do to the course for exercise, i do that before i get there. And the cart has a nice spot for a cooler of whatever cold beverage you choose to drink while playing. I have carried my bag a few times and realize that its way too heavy to do that, need a lighter bag if i chose to do that and not carry so many balls and tees. Overall, I'd just rather ride, makes it much more enjoyable for me.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

I'm 29, have an awesome Sun Mountain cart with 4 wheels, and will beat you up if you make fun of it. Yeah, you.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I just got a pushcart myself. Makes walking the course much easier when you don't have to pick up the bag after every shot. Especially if you take a ton of extra shots like I do.

I'm 21 and always use a push cart, I don't mind carrying but the push cart is more convenient and it can hold your beer :)

I don't have some fancy one, just the rental one at the course which I paid $30 for the season. I like riding in a golf cart as well, but it ads a lot to the cost of golf.

I've been using a push/pull cart from the beginning of my golf ''career''. I'm 27 , and started playing at 15 and i'm in good shape. Does that mean that i'm lazy or not strong enough to carry? Well...no. I don't really get how some people see push/pull carts as something that's only for people who have back problems or people who don't have enough endurance. A lot of guys have back problems , ok... but you don't have to have back problems to use one.

Except for some older members , i'd say 90% of the members at my club push or pull. the others just ride.

Driver : Sasquatch 5900 aka ''The square thing''
Hybrid : 3DX 18*
Irons : TA6
Wedges : tour action 588 Reg. 56*
Rac Satin 60*Putter : Eye2 black dotBalls : Pro V1x or E6+Bag : Carry bag

Yep, see my thread "No more carrying for me"

Mine is also due to back pain and shoulder pain and I am 35.

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I am just kidding about the title, but I have officially switched from carrying to a three wheeled push-cart and cart bag....and I am a month away from being 30. I had to make the change because of re-occurring back pain from carrying my bag and swinging for 18 holes. I have been using a cart for a while, but in the last two weeks I have purchased a clic-gear cart and a cart bag. I was originally somewhat saddened by this change, but I have come to my senses and realized it's not only good for my golf game but my body as well.

Shame? At least you're walking, and now you're doing it smarter. 90% of golfers in America ride carts. (I made that stat up, but it's my best guess).

Routine if you're carrying bag:
Set down bag, pick up after it falls over. Pull club, distracted by bag falling over again in middle of your backswing. Shank shot. Pick up bag, replace club, take 20sec to get dual straps back on. Get a drink out of stagnant puddle because you have nowhere to carry water. Walk to ball, hit ball, walk 30yds past green and place bag, head to green to putt. Dig scorecard and pencil out of your pocket and record score.

Routine with push cart
Roll up to ball, pull club, hit ball, replace club. Take a drink of water. Walk to ball, pull club, hit shot. Pull putter out, shove cart 30yds to the spot where you'll exit the green, head directly to green to putt. Write down score at conveniently placed scorecard holder.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Personally I couldn't care less, just don't see the need to put down those who still carry with comments like "I'm plenty fit, I just got smart". Just because you're trying to convince yourself you did the right thing doesn't mean you have to imply those who don't see it that way are somehow less intelligent or ego-driven.

If you have a bad back thats one thing, but under 30 and using a cart seems just lazy IMO.

those are not the point, at least IMHO...heres the point as far as im concerned: i am thoroughly convinced that you will play better by pushing a cart than by carrying a bag. you can say thats BS, but from my personal experience and the articles ive read i think you will play better this way. and isnt that the objective?

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

those are not the point, at least IMHO...heres the point as far as im concerned:

How is your personal experience objective? It has only convinced you that YOU play better pushing a cart than carrying. You don't kow all the habits and motivations of others who carry (or push), so you can't with any degree of certainty judge whether they'd play better or not. It's only your subjective opinion.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I just turned 26, but got the Clicgear at 25. When I first started I got a nice cart bag for my bachelor parts. I wanted to walk for the exercise though, so I got a carry bag. Nice bag with dual straps. Not that carrying is hard, or painful, but it is so much easier and enjoying to walk while pushing a cart. When I golf with friends during the week, we push usually, if its a weekend beer golf day, then I ride.

In reality, who cares if you push a cart or carry your bag or even ride in a cart. Its all preference. How many people take the stairs vs an elevator? Who cares!!!!! If you want to walk for the exercise, great, if you want to talk, but use a push cart to make the exercise more enjoyable great.

My main reason for initially walking was the save $. the money I saved in just a few rounds paid for the push cart. Now I just get the bonus of a good workout too!!!

The moral of this

"TO EACH HIS OWN"

In my bag
Burner 10.5* reg
3h & 4-P S57
Wedges: 56* CCI and 60* SV Tour
DF 960

Note: This thread is 4961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!