IGNORED

The Angry Golfer or Complete Idiot

Rafcin
Note: This thread is 6360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

and of course you disqualified yourself based on the rule 4-3a(iii) ?

I actually disqualified myself for the complete ass I made of myself by breaking the putter.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator
I remember hearing, shortly after I took up golf, of someone smacking his driver down. The shaft shattered and one end stuck him in the neck. He bled out and died.

That's reason enough for me not to slam clubs down. Again, the worst I've done is to bury a pitching wedge or a 7-iron into the ground, and only when it's moist, and only the steel-shafted clubs. And even those are rare - two a year.

Golf ain't worth dying for, especially by sticking yourself in the neck with a splintered shaft.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll throw the ball into water or woods but never my clubs. Seen alot of guys breaking and throwing clubs and almost hitting people with them and I thought I would give up golf before I hurt or killed someone in a moment of anger. Yes, it's funny when nobody gets hurt but how would you feel if a 4 iron came whizzing by YOUR head or just missing a young kid in the next fairway.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Yes, it's funny when nobody gets hurt but how would you feel if a 4 iron came whizzing by YOUR head or just missing a young kid in the next fairway.

People must be super angry up there. I've never seen anyone come close to hitting another person w/ a club.
Current bag:
Driver: TaylorMade 9.5* R-510
3-wood: TaylorMade 15* r7 TP
Hybrid: Nickent 3DX Ironwood
Irons: Hogan FTXWedges: 52* Hogan Riviera | 56* Cleveland TA 588 | 60* Hogan CarnoustiePutter: Cameron Detour 2Ball:NXT

Not sure if this was a joke or a real story I heard somewhere.

I've read this story on an article by Golf Australia just a while ago. (Golf Autralia May 06 "25 Most bizarre golf stories ever told")

According to GA the golfer's name was Jean Potevan who was playing in Lyon, France in May 1995. The rest of the story is the same except the ending..... He reportedly dived in without taking off any of his cloth and became trapped in weed in the water....

I broke the shaft just above the head of a 7 iron due to anger one time and learned right quick not to do that. That was 40 years ago and I haven't done anything like that since. My son threw a long iron to the top of a tree and it is still there to this day as far as I know. Doesn't pay to lose your temper!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Not sure if this was a joke or a real story I heard somewhere. Some guy got angry and threw his golf bag and clubs into a pond. When he got to his car he realized that his keys were in his golf bag. So he went into the pond, got his keys and left his clubs and bag in there.

It's a true story. I met him years later. His name was Albert Bird and it happened at the Rockaway River Country Club in Denville, NJ. I believe it was in the 70's. He was playing in the club championship against Dr. Robert Mulholland and managed to put more than a couple shots into the river crossing the 18th hole so it was in full view of the clubhouse. Scottish by birth and an engineer by trade, he was a real character also known at the club for landing his small plane on one of the fairways. Mulholland, an anesthesiologist, was a strong player, but Bird was a short game wizard, the kind who's a killer in match play. Somehow the incident made the wires and it was picked up and reported during the PGA tournament's TV coverage the same day. Sadly, both men have passed on. But this is one urban legend that's fact.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

It's a true story. I met him years later. His name was Albert Bird and it happened at the Rockaway River Country Club in Denville, NJ. I believe it was in the 70's. He was playing in the club championship against Dr. Robert Mulholland and managed to put more than a couple shots into the river crossing the 18th hole so it was in full view of the clubhouse. Scottish by birth and an engineer by trade, he was a real character also known at the club for landing his small plane on one of the fairways. Mulholland, an anesthesiologist, was a strong player, but Bird was a short game wizard, the kind who's a killer in match play. Somehow the incident made the wires and it was picked up and reported during the PGA tournament's TV coverage the same day. Sadly, both men have passed on. But this is one urban legend that's fact.

I've been hearing that story since the mid 1960's. Who was the first to do it we will never know.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I've been hearing that story since the mid 1960's. Who was the first to do it we will never know.

You know, I may have been wrong. This could have happened in the 60's.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

Note: This thread is 6360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!