IGNORED

Gotta love a yellow ball ...

Note: This thread is 4740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay, I admit it. I like yellow balls. I can follow them in the air easier, I see them land easier and can find them in the rough easier. I also have a minor stroke when my Pro V1 or Z Star waves goodbye to me as it either sinks to a watery grave or decides to go live a life of seclusion in the woods. So I picked-up a box of Pinnacle Precision's in optic yellow.

I played them yesterday and here's my verdict. About 10 yards shorter for me than a Pro V1 or a Z Star X off the driver and felt similar to a Z Star X (off the driver). Similar distance off my irons but a bit harder feeling than any of the premium ball mentioned above. Checked-up fine on the greens for me (full shots and chips). Felt good off the putter (Odyssey white hot tour 2).

All in all a good little ball. If your looking for a solid inexpensive ball (and it comes in yellow), give 'em a try.

I played I think a Top Flite a couple weeks back at twilight since I was having trouble seeing the ball. Worked great. I still keep it in my bag.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I completely agree with the Yellow Ball! I switched to the Z-Star because of the Tour Yellow. Unfortunately It doesn't perform as well for me as the Bridgestone B-330S. I also like the E7 Bridgestone. Next year Bridgestone is selling the E6 in Yellow and orange, unfortunately i compress the ball too much for that. If only they sold the E7 in yellow i'd buy a case asap!

It seems that Srixon proved that the yellow balls will sell in the US and others are following suit. I know there are purists that just don't want anything to do with the yellow ball, but trust me on a cloudy day, you'll change your mind when you can see the ball without trouble!

909D2 - 10.5º
909 F2 3 wood15º
AP 2 3-PW PX 5.5
52º Black Nickle and 60º oil can Both Spin Milled
reg 588 56º White Ice Rossie Z Star Tour YELLOWSG3

Yup, definitely easier to find a yellow ball in inclement weather or close to sunset.
Now try playing an orange ball in the snow!

Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

A lot of times when I play in the morning I have to hit directly into a rising sun which makes seeing the ball all but impossible. I doubt using a yellow ball would help and I'm willing to try just about anything including playing in the heat of the day. Any thoughts if an other than a white ball would help>

About 10 yards shorter for me than a Pro V1 or a Z Star X off the driver and felt similar to a Z Star X (off the driver).

In case you want to restore the distance and short-game control...

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I'm a yellow ball user as well. I wear toric contacts (weighted so they have to be in one position on my eye to work), and if I stare at something for a long time without blinking they can either go out of focus or just cloud up. With a typical white ball, I'll lose sight of it as soon as I blink; with a yellow ball, it's much, much easier to pick it out in the sky if I have to blink. As for not having many options, I guess I lucked out because I've been using the Z-StarX for over a year now anyway.

I played in the San Diego area a couple weekends ago (Fallbrook Golf Club) when I was on vacation. I booked a 5:45 am tee time so I could get back and enjoy the beach. Being from AZ I forgot to take into account the time it takes for the fog to burn off. We ended up going off about 6:15 but we still had a tough time seeing the ball. Luckily I had a leftover yellow ball in my bag and it helped out a ton! I think I might switch to playing with a yellow ball full time now!!

I finally found what looks to be a good quality ball that doesn't cost an arm and a leg like the z-star. I ordered a dozen to try out that should arrive in the next couple of days. The regular cost is $25.95 a dozen. They're call Vision and are an Australian ball. You can check them out at http://www.visiongolfball.com/ .

I wish Bridgestone made the B330-RX in yellow, I'd buy a bunch. One of the ranges I go to has yellow range balls and damn, so much easier to follow and focus on.

I used to play the E6, I might look into those next year and buy a box for days when I'm having trouble picking up the ball.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I finally found what looks to be a good quality ball that doesn't cost an arm and a leg like the z-star. I ordered a dozen to try out that should arrive in the next couple of days. The regular cost is $25.95 a dozen. They're call Vision and are an Australian ball. You can check them out at

Hi Wad, thanks for giving my UV Yellow's a run.

I have currently two versions of this design in play here in Oz with some current testing happening in the US. The version you have ordered will be similar to the E6 just a touch clickier in the cover. The real X factor though is the Staybright UV charged glowing effect that you will notice more so when they are outside and in play rather than in doors when they can look a touch green. There is another version with a thinner first cover and plays more like the ZstarX. Currently my website has my 2009/10 designs whilst we are moving into the 2010/11 range as far as testing goes. I hope you enjoy the difference. Boz (Wayne) .

Hi Wad, thanks for giving my UV Yellow's a run.

Is the new version available in the US? If so, I'll have to give them a go. I've only played 9 holes with the UV. They felt great off the tee and seemed to hold greens nicely. I couldn't get comfortable putting it though. I had zero touch. It's unusual, but probably just me. The ball was in great shape after the round. I'm saving them for a golf trip to the coast next week. I'll report back then.

I finally found what looks to be a good quality ball that doesn't cost an arm and a leg like the z-star. I ordered a dozen to try out that should arrive in the next couple of days. The regular cost is $25.95 a dozen. They're call Vision and are an Australian ball. You can check them out at

Interesting, the idea of bigger numbers makes sense also.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I have been thinking about trying the yellow "Z" ball from Srixon for some time now. I have one problem though, I would have to use a white ball when using my driver since I couldn't imagine the crap I would get for using a ball that matched my driver shaft in color. If any of you remember the old Harrison PRO 2.5 shafts that were BRIGHT, BRIGHT yellow...well, that's what I've got. Yes, I know how hideous it is, but I have yet to find a shaft I spin less and hit farther. I already get a ton of crap when I pull it out of my bag. I can just imagine throwing a bright yellow ball into the equation.

Irons - nike.gif Forged Blades / Project X 7.0

Driver - nike.gif VR Pro Ltd. Edition 8.5° / FUBUKI Alpha 70x

Wood - nike.gif SQ 3+ 13° / Stock Diamana S-Flex
Wedges - cleveland.gif Tour Action Gunmetal Reg 588 54° & 60° / DG S400
Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Bag - nike.gif SQ Tour Carry

Used to play yellow way back when, not being able to find a ball I like in yellow, (Z-Stars are always sold out). On another forum I saw where someone dyed there balls yellow with Rit Dye, ran out to WalMart the other day bought some Wilson Staff X1s ($20 for 2 dozen, nothing to lose at this price) and some Rit Dye (Golden Yellow, and Sunshine Orange). Played with the yellow balls today and they worked just fine, no marks on my clubs and the only thing I noticed was the yellow is very thin as short iron shots will expose some white if you have sharp grooves that remove some of the cover material. If I dye another batch I will buy Lemon Yellow for a brighter ball, the ones I did look no different that any other colored ball I compared them to in my practice bucket of balls. Oh yeah the WS X1s were a great ball for so cheap if you like a softer ball. Go to the Rit site and you can find instructions for dyeing golf balls.
ogio.gifedge bag
titleist.gifdriver 10.5* 907D1, 15* 906f2, 18* 906f2
wilson_staff.gif21* hybrid, 3-PW PI7, TW9 wedges
wilson_staff.gif: 8802, 8813, or Arnold Palmer Original
wilson_staff.gifX1 or 50

Is the new version available in the US? They felt great off the tee and seemed to hold greens nicely. I couldn't get comfortable putting it though. The ball was in great shape after the round. I'm saving them for a golf trip to the coast next week. I'll report back then.

Hi Wad, thanks for the update. All my designs feel a little different to the norm but I hope over the course of using a dozen balls the feel will become impressive as the full shot feel is where I think many player will like it.

The current UV ball you are trialling is a little hot off the putter so I always suggest to my new players to spend a bit of time on the green to get a better feel for their speed off your putter.They will also putt straighter than normal ( this has been reported by a few 100 different Test Pilots) please allow about half a ball less in breah for every 5 feet of putt length. Chipping, the regular UV balls are designed to grip and release in a controlled manner which for some players means a slight adjustment in landing area targeting. The cover material is super durable and you can also refinish them after a round with some cream cleanser like Ajax and a lightly with a brillo (scouringf) pad from the kitchen. If you want to mark them please do it the day before to allow the ink to bite as the super slick cover is hard to get sharpie markings to stick which is why I went with the bigger number format. The X3 UV version is almost on a par with the Zstar but it is an ionomer cover and as such is not quite as spinny. I haven't got stock in the US yet but I am working on it. Keep in touch, Boz.

We are alike.... check my signature. I use Wilson Ultra Yellow.

The reason is they are easy to find among your partners balls when playing a foursome.
Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

Note: This thread is 4740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!