IGNORED

Rickie Fowler's Swing...

GrahamD
Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nice camera angle Golf Channel

Yeah arms loading more "in front" of him, right elbow a little further away from him at A4.

Is the Golf Channel camera too low? I might have had some influence, but I'm pretty sure I positioned the camera directly behind the tv in the middle.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Face on - skip to 1 min for start of swing.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Is the Golf Channel camera too low? I might have had some influence, but I'm pretty sure I positioned the camera directly behind the tv in the middle.

Yeah way too low.  Makes it look like the club hinges faster, swing is longer and more narrow.

Face on - skip to 1 min for start of swing.

Good look at the first 3 Keys :-)

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I went a little loco w/my camera - here's a bunch of slow mo vids from La Quinta today:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcIepsGiAiWM6oqhXGSkNJVM8odGVQUO6

Steve

Looks like Butch and Rickie are trying to reduce the amount of in to out path Rickie had.  While under pressure, he has on numerous occasions yanked shots to the left.  His old swing required lots of timing and flip hooks were definitely his miss.

The stills so far show a bit less of the in to out path.  He is in a nice position at the top right now but it's still early.  It will be interesting to see how the new swing develops throughout the year.  I still think his right foot on the downswing jumps off of the ground way too much causing the club to shallow out a ton.  It'll be nice to see him roll it towards his instep more rather than lift up on his toes so quickly (reminds me of Paul Casey).

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Yeah way too low.  Makes it look like the club hinges faster, swing is longer and more narrow.

Interesting.

Golf Channel does that angle to maximize ball flight view probably, which is cool when you see it on the par 3s, like the Fowler and Sneds hook. I guess the swing geek demographic isn't anywhere near that of the average viewer. The video I took was a wood though, no way to track that sucker, might as well get a better angle.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Steve

Yeah he said that the Ricky Fowler on the right has more spine angle and instead of hinging up the club with his wrists so soon he rotates his arms so when the club is parallel to the ground in the back swing the shaft is pointing down the toe line instead of pointing toward his mid section.

He said the club head doesn't get above the plane as soon in the back swing and the club is not laid off at the top just before the transition.

And I think he said the videos make the Ricky Fowler on the right look a lot heavier than the one on the left.

(Just joking). I have no clue what he said.

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:

Originally Posted by alo1984

Do you have any interest in rescinding that last comment?

I think that looks can be deceiving in that Freddie has impeccable timing and tempo but his injury history in my opinion tells the whole story.  If everything was effortless then he wouldn't have chronic back problems. His swing takes a much bigger toll on his body when is seen on video.

I don't think I recall such a dramatic swing change after a pro has switched instructors.RF looks so much more natural with less contrived actions.This is going to be interesting.I hope RF has good year,he is a solid young man.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

I don't think I recall such a dramatic swing change after a pro has switched instructors.RF looks so much more natural with less contrived actions.This is going to be interesting.I hope RF has good year,he is a solid young man.

I can't believe I am saying this but I agree, and I really like his new move. ;-)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I can't believe I am saying this but I agree, and I really like his new move.

cipher ...I cannot respect anyone who agrees with me....sorry.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

I can't believe I am saying this but I agree, and I really like his new move.

I don't know I kinda liked his old swing. I can see the benefits of the new one. He still has that slight hand drop at the top (mini-loop). Yea, it looks really solid. He'll probably wont get going till summer though, get the distances and control grooved in.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

cipher ...I cannot respect anyone who agrees with me....sorry.

Well, am pretty sure nobody else respects me either.   That is OK I don't need it, I just need to keep getting better like I am.

I don't know I kinda liked his old swing. I can see the benefits of the new one. He still has that slight hand drop at the top (mini-loop). Yea, it looks really solid. He'll probably wont get going till summer though, get the distances and control grooved in.

I just like making things more simple, to me the move simplifies things.  At least with what I would have to think about.  For him, who knows, maybe it is actually a less natural move and he has to think about more feels.   I can see it taking a bit for him to start really grooving in the swing as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!