IGNORED

The Official 2010-11 NHL Hockey Talk Thread!

BostonSully
Note: This thread is 4681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Yessir I do. however I am also aware that Montreal and Boston have met 32 times in the playoffs and the Habs are 24-8 in those meetings. So your monkey is bigger than our monkey ;-)

I also know that the HABS faced elimination 6 times last playoffs and won 5 times.

I also know the Boo-ins will lose this series because they are chokers.

And our beer is better and our chicks are hotter!

Molson is good, its too bad the owner is a dweeb and a hypocrite like 95% of MTL fans. About the girls I swear you guys like all chip in and pay to send the best looking girls in MTL down to boston for the games, ill admit theres a bunch of cute chicks. However, when they show the crowd in MTL its just Sheeeesh. Like the goblins come out in full force.

Also its not like those playoff wins in the 30-40-50-60's even matter at all nowadays. Thats like saying Babe Ruth once played for the Sox so we are going to win the World Series for sure. Also, those times werent even fair where MTL had exclusive draft rights to their choice of players from MTL regardless of draft position. Its no wonder they had all those stacked teams they were the only ones allowed to draft the good players from up there.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Originally Posted by BostonSully

About the girls I swear you guys like all chip in and pay to send the best looking girls in MTL down to boston for the games, ill admit theres a bunch of cute chicks.

We have an unfair advantage; you can fit a hell of a lot more Montreal Chicks in a bus than you can Boston Chicks! ZING!!!

lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Canuck

mmmmmm....... poutine! BTW - Hows the Fried chicken and crappy american beer??

GO Canucks GO!

GO HABS GO!

Man, you are delusional.  It's obvious that you haven't had the pleasure of enjoying true American craft beer.  Ignorance is no excuse, so go to

beeradvocate .com, and educate yourself before opening your mouth and removing all doubt regarding your foolish post (same goes for  food).
As far as hockey is concerned, tough to watch the Canucks cough up the series lead.  Been there, seen that.
Habs need to stop icing the puck, and get a helluva lot more physical (also need to grow a spine).  Let's see on Tuesday how desperate they have become.
GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have an unfair advantage; you can fit a hell of a lot more Montreal Chicks in a bus than you can Boston Chicks! ZING!!!

lol.

Once again wrong!

You do realize Boston has more Colleges/Universitys per person than anywhere in the USA or Canada? That means a higher percentage of 18-26yo girls than anywhere else in either country.

Go to Barstoolsports.com/boston and check out the local smoke show of the day. Tell me Bos doesnt have tons of good looking girls. If that doesnt work Ill take you to a 2nd round playoff game in Boston and we can swing by a few parites at BU, BC, NE first and then you can try and tell me theres no good looking girls.

Just like your favorite team the citizens of MTL always making something up to overcome their shortcomings.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I can already picture the reply.

"But we had lots of hot girls in the 40's and 50's!!!"

hahaha

Once again wrong!

You do realize Boston has more Colleges/Universitys per person than anywhere in the USA or Canada? That means a higher percentage of 18-26yo girls than anywhere else in either country.

Go to Barstoolsports.com/boston and check out the local smoke show of the day. Tell me Bos doesnt have tons of good looking girls. If that doesnt work Ill take you to a 2nd round playoff game in Boston and we can swing by a few parites at BU, BC, NE first and then you can try and tell me theres no good looking girls.

Just like your favorite team the citizens of MTL always making something up to overcome their shortcomings.

Yeah but those are imported girls. That's like saying that "American beer is great" and then backing up your claim with examples like: the Guinness at your local pub and the Coronas you bought at the grocery store.

But - I will certainly go to Barstoolsports to check out the smoke show, lovely ladies are afterall, lovely ladies and once you peel the jersey off they can play on my team anyday!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yeah but those are imported girls. That's like saying that "American beer is great" and then backing up your claim with examples like: the Guinness at your local pub and the Coronas you bought at the grocery store.

But - I will certainly go to Barstoolsports to check out the smoke show, lovely ladies are afterall, lovely ladies and once you peel the jersey off they can play on my team anyday!

And if you like Guinness and Corona more than all the awesome microbreweries' beers in America, there is something wrong with you.  The microbreweries in America are so much better than the ones in Canada!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Originally Posted by phillyk

And if you like Guinness and Corona more than all the awesome microbreweries' beers in America, there is something wrong with you.  The microbreweries in America are so much better than the ones in Canada!

Dogfish head mmmmmmm..

Boston has several of its own great micro brews. Need I mention Harpoon and Sam Adams.

Dogfish head mmmmmmm..

Boston has several of its own great micro brews. Need I mention Harpoon and Sam Adams.

Having travelled extensively in the US I will agree that your beer has really improved in the last decade or so. Haven't tried Harpoon but Dogfish is good and Sierra Nevada IPA was pretty good too, you've come a long way from the days of Pabst Blue Ribbon and Old Milwaulkee.

Saw some pretty hot chicks out there as well.

And Boston is a beautiful city, but... I hate the Bruins and always will.

Used to hate the Leafs too but now I just pity them.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

LOL OMG! The Canucks are such chokers and this comes from a life long Canucks fan. They always get cocky and stop trying and now we have game 7. For a team that steamed rolled everyone during the regular season seems to be laying an egg in the playoffs AGAIN! I sure hope the Canucks can get their head out of their ass and show up to put the Hawks away tonight but I wont hold my breath.

Go Canucks Go

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Originally Posted by Canuck

LOL OMG! The Canucks are such chokers and this comes from a life long Canucks fan. They always get cocky and stop trying and now we have game 7. For a team that steamed rolled everyone during the regular season seems to be laying an egg in the playoffs AGAIN! I sure hope the Canucks can get their head out of their ass and show up to put the Hawks away tonight but I wont hold my breath.

Go Canucks Go

It was a good game, except the refs blew it for both teams.  There were no calls made.  I'm all for being aggressive, but this was beyond that.  There was slashing, elbowing to the head, everything from both teams, and nothing was called.  I'm upset the Hawks lost, but I mean, Vancouver should've won it in game 4.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awwwe.  It is really cute that fans of 2 teams that will NOT make the Stanley Cup finals are bickering like an old married couple.

Molson is good, its too bad the owner is a dweeb and a hypocrite like 95% of MTL fans. About the girls I swear you guys like all chip in and pay to send the best looking girls in MTL down to boston for the games, ill admit theres a bunch of cute chicks. However, when they show the crowd in MTL its just Sheeeesh. Like the goblins come out in full force.

Also its not like those playoff wins in the 30-40-50-60's even matter at all nowadays. Thats like saying Babe Ruth once played for the Sox so we are going to win the World Series for sure. Also, those times werent even fair where MTL had exclusive draft rights to their choice of players from MTL regardless of draft position. Its no wonder they had all those stacked teams they were the only ones allowed to draft the good players from up there.

lol.

Once again wrong!

Well BostonSully, Game 7...

Looks like after tonight one of us is going to have a LOT more time to go to the range eh? ;-)

GO HABS!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Well BostonSully, Game 7...

Looks like after tonight one of us is going to have a LOT more time to go to the range eh? ;-)

GO HABS!!

And the other will have to continue drinking heavily every other night until their team is eliminated. Good luck tonight! Hopefully the refs dont feed you guys this one on a silver platter like last night.

And the other will have to continue drinking heavily every other night until their team is eliminated. Good luck tonight! Hopefully the refs dont feed you guys this one on a silver platter like last night.

Too many men on the ice, shooting pucks over the glass from the defensive zone, and smashing someone's stick with a two hander are not judgment calls. Lucic should be suspended. Torres should have been suspended too, and I'm a Canucks fan (don't get me started - I know they're habitual chokers, they shoulda won in 1994 and in 2004 - stupid Flames).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Too many men on the ice, shooting pucks over the glass from the defensive zone, and smashing someone's stick with a two hander are not judgment calls. Lucic should be suspended. Torres should have been suspended too, and I'm a Canucks fan (don't get me started - I know they're habitual chokers, they shoulda won in 1994 and in 2004 - stupid Flames).

Not so much the Automatic penalties. Like the Bergeron Delay and the Siedenberg slash. Did you watch the game?

Did you see Carey Price Dive when Bergeron didnt even touch him? How about Horton stealing the puck for a breakaway and being stopped midstride by a slashing call?

Chara gets boarded right after the Lucic hit and no call? It was horribly horribly inconsistent and habs biased last night, and no lucic shouldnt be suspended I could paste the official rule here but am too lazy.

Spacek wasnt hurt sure he was bleeding but he sold that for all it was worth, he also turned his back with an impending hit coming, its literally in the rule book that turning your back is considered in the punishment applied for the hit. Many habs fans I know said it should've been a 2minute minor or 4 mintes for the blood but thats it. After, the ref's blew that call on the puck that trickled by thomas and the fans threw trash all over the ice, the refs knew they had to call it in favor of MTL or they have not made it out alive.

Edit: I could also post the rule for Too Many men here. But that was a blown too many men call it literally goes agianst the grain of the rule that states "if a player is attempting to get off the ice and the player of another team shoots the puck into them no penalty will be applied"

Note: This thread is 4681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!