IGNORED

The Official 2010-11 NHL Hockey Talk Thread!

BostonSully
Note: This thread is 4688 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by BostonSully

Not so much the Automatic penalties. Like the Bergeron Delay and the Siedenberg slash. Did you watch the game?

Did you see Carey Price Dive when Bergeron didnt even touch him? How about Horton stealing the puck for a breakaway and being stopped midstride by a slashing call?

Chara gets boarded right after the Lucic hit and no call? It was horribly horribly inconsistent and habs biased last night, and no lucic shouldnt be suspended I could paste the official rule here but am too lazy.

Spacek wasnt hurt sure he was bleeding but he sold that for all it was worth, he also turned his back with an impending hit coming, its literally in the rule book that turning your back is considered in the punishment applied for the hit. Many habs fans I know said it should've been a 2minute minor or 4 mintes for the blood but thats it. After, the ref's blew that call on the puck that trickled by thomas and the fans threw trash all over the ice, the refs knew they had to call it in favor of MTL or they have not made it out alive.

Edit: I could also post the rule for Too Many men here. But that was a blown too many men call it literally goes agianst the grain of the rule that states "if a player is attempting to get off the ice and the player of another team shoots the puck into them no penalty will be applied"

I'm not talking about rule 48. They had hitting from behind with intent to injure in previous years too.

I thought you were talking about the penalties that led to 5 on 3 power plays, not the whole game. There are always missed calls on both sides of the ice, but in the Boston/Montreal series (plural) there always seem to be phantom calls (and non-calls) on home ice.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

DAMNIT!!! LOL!

I was sure the B's would choke on that game seven, especially after Pleks gets the short hander.

Oh well, one and done. Back to the range:-)

I feel for my buddies who aren't golf obsessed, they have nothing to do but wait for next season.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great Series. Was absolutely epic 3 OT Games won by the B's????

Cant say the habs didnt put up an amazing fight. TBH Ernest the Habs have a few players that are going to be a force for years Subban, Price, Calamari. Scary how good those 3 were good luck next year! Enjoy hitting those links.

Horton is now Mr.Clutch.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

He should play for Detroit - would be a better fit fo him:

Habs have a few players that are going to be a force for years  Calamari.

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Flyers  . . . 6!

Is that the over/under on the number of Flyer goalies we're gonna see?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Time for the Flyers to crush the hopes and dreams of the Bruins again!

Flyers in 6!

I thought the B's play the the Caps no?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

All I can is:

TIM THOMAS!!!!!!

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

All I can say is if there is a Nashville Boston Final, I am not watching that series...... Between Rinne and Thomas no one will score. Every game will have like 4 OT's.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Originally Posted by Canuck

All I can say is if there is a Nashville Boston Final, I am not watching that series...... Between Rinne and Thomas no one will score. Every game will have like 4 OT's.

Would you really stick it out that long? If we end up with "Nashville v. San Jose" and "Boson v. Tampa Bay" then I'm pretty much done with hockey until next season.

• Upvote 1

Well the Flyers suck! They are never going to win a SCF until they get a damn goalie that can save some pucks.   The whole team played like garbage the first and third game this series but I still feel like they would not be down 3-0 if they had a half decent goaltender.  I dont understand why they keep going into to every season with sub par goalies.  So frustrating!!!!!!!

/end rant.

Well the Flyers suck! They are never going to win a SCF until they get a damn goalie that can save some pucks.   The whole team played like garbage the first and third game this series but I still feel like they would not be down 3-0 if they had a half decent goaltender.  I dont understand why they keep going into to every season with sub par goalies.  So frustrating!!!!!!!

/end rant.

Man you guys looked defeated after the 2 goals in the first minute there. But how can you blame those on boosh?

Both of the Chara slappers were simply unstoppable no goalie could have stopped those shots. The team was sleeping and the Bruins brought it too them early. That said as a B's fan I can never look ahead. Honestly I think the bruins team this time finally gets that message as well.

Heres to hoping its a 8-0 blowout for the beans on friday that would be sweet revenge.

/end rant.

How can you say the whole team played like garbage and then blame the goalie?

Originally Posted by shades9323

How can you say the whole team played like garbage and then blame the goalie?

Its not just last game, last game they got blown out and there was nothing boosh really could have done about it.  Still though, watching Thomas and Miller making saves when their D gets into trouble makes me wonder what it would be like if the Flyers had someone that could do that.

Its not just last game, last game they got blown out and there was nothing boosh really could have done about it.  Still though, watching Thomas and Miller making saves when their D gets into trouble makes me wonder what it would be like if the Flyers had someone that could do that.

Don't  sweat the wording in your other post. He was just giving you a hard time because your favourite team is choking. Mine is too.

Note: This thread is 4688 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!