IGNORED

The Official 2010-11 NHL Hockey Talk Thread!

BostonSully
Note: This thread is 4681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Well the Flyers suck! They are never going to win a SCF until they get a damn goalie that can save some pucks.   The whole team played like garbage the first and third game this series but I still feel like they would not be down 3-0 if they had a half decent goaltender.  I dont understand why they keep going into to every season with sub par goalies.  So frustrating!!!!!!!

/end rant.

Well, that's all she wrote.

Bring on the Lightning.  NEXT!

GO BRUINS!!!!!!

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Would you really stick it out that long? If we end up with "Nashville v. San Jose" and "Boson v. Tampa Bay" then I'm pretty much done with hockey until next season.

So far, you got the Eastern Conference final right.   Western Conference is far from complete, but I don't see the above happening.  Even if it did, fine by me.  With or without the Bruins playing, I enjoy watching playoff hockey,so I'm watching all the games.

Since I know very little about the NHL, I'll just float this out there to those that are knowledgeable. Do the Bruins have a chance to win the Cup?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

Since I know very little about the NHL, I'll just float this out there to those that are knowledgeable. Do the Bruins have a chance to win the Cup?

They have as good a chance as the 2006 Canes, 2004 Bolts, 1990 Oilers, 1993 Canadiens, 1994 Rangers, 2007 Ducks, etc . . . two words . . HOT GOALIE!!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Bruins beat TB 3 out of 4 time, they beat vancouver they only time they played and they never played SJ. So yes I'd say they have a chance. It just depends on how healthy the top 5 Forwards (Lucic, Kerjci, Bergeron, Marchand, Horton) and the top 3 D (Chara-Siedenberg-Ference) can stay. As well as how long Thomas can stay hot.

If those 3 things stay consistent I'd say they have a great chance.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

RIP Derek Boogard.

New York Rangers enforcer found dead in his home today. Cause of death unknown. This is truely sad, and it will bring out the worst arguements about fighting and headshots in hockey as Boogard missed 52gms this year with a serious concussion. Heres to hoping his family can move on without this being dragged through the mud, which it undoubtedly will.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

RIP Derek Boogard....

You will be missed not just by Ranger & Wild fans but by all hockey fans.....

OGIO Grom Stand Bag:
Driver - Taylormade R7 Limited 9.5*
3Wood - Cleveland Hibore 15*
Hybrid - Cleveland Hibore 19*
Irons - Taylormade R7s 4-GWWedges - Cleveland CG12s Black pearl 54*/12* & 58*/8*Putter - Rife ArubaBack-ups - Karsten Anser / Odyssey White Ice #9Ball - Taylormade Burner TP & LDP...

I am not sure if the Bruins have a chance like some of you may think. TB will be a lot for them to handle and the Bruins are looking a little deflated. Roloson is hot right now and with the fire power up front that the Lighting have the Bruins will need a lot from their D and Thomas.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

1-0 for the Canucks, here we go. Its crucial to get the 2-0 lead heading back to SJ. This should be a 7 game series but if the Canucks can get a 2-0 lead and then split in SJ, then they are rolling.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Originally Posted by Canuck

I am not sure if the Bruins have a chance like some of you may think. TB will be a lot for them to handle and the Bruins are looking a little deflated. Roloson is hot right now and with the fire power up front that the Lighting have the Bruins will need a lot from their D and Thomas.

You've literally said this about every bruins opponent in the playoffs. Excuse me if I discount your opinion on the Beans.

I made comments about MTL and BOS series but thats because I was pulling for the Habs. I couldn't careless about the PHI and BOS series and just to piss you off I want the Lighting to win in 4! LOL no honestly, I just think that TB has a more deadly offence but the Bruins have size, solid D and a good goalie. It will be a 7 gamer IMO.

Whats in the my bag,

I made comments about MTL and BOS series but thats because I was pulling for the Habs. I couldn't careless about the PHI and BOS series and just to piss you off I want the Lighting to win in 4! LOL no honestly, I just think that TB has a more deadly offence but the Bruins have size, solid D and a good goalie. It will be a 7 gamer IMO.

lol its OK. I probably grudged @ you because im getting sick of the media firestorm going with the TBL right now. Its like "ZOMGS ST.LOUIS ROLLI BOUCHER OMG OMG OMG THEY ARE SO GOOD BLAH BLAH DID WE MENTION STAMKOS OMG OMG OMG"

Infact it was the same with PHI and MTL "SUBBAN RAWRR AWESOME PRICE IS FUTURE OF ALL HOCKEY AND PRES OF CANADA!!" in the Philly series one of the sideline reporters asked thomas a question that was like "You made 52 saves tonight, but HOW WAS IT BEING ON THE SAME ICE AS JAMES VAN REIMSDYKE ZOMG HE IS SO GOOD OMG OMG OMG".

So sorry its just getting a bit old being told how the B's have no chance at all in any series for us here in Boston.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Van and BOS final. TB just has a lot of hype because of Stamkos. Once BOS is healthy they will be the better team.

Whats in the my bag,

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Van and BOS final. TB just has a lot of hype because of Stamkos. Once BOS is healthy they will be the better team.

Stamkos may get some ink, but he actually gets it at the expense of the rest of his team. TB has some really quality players including a few first round draft picks and a money goalie who's taken a worse team than TB to the SCF not too long ago. If he hadn't got hurt by Bergeron falling on him they probably would have beaten Carolina in '06. Speaking of Marc Andre Bergeron, he's a Bolt now, and I wonder if Roloson watches where he is at all times?!?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Take that SJ fans!! Too bad Luongo had to let in his 2 bad goals a game routine but that was a hell of a win. DOMINATION! Now all we need is a split in SJ and its all over. fingers crossed.

Whats in the my bag,

Take that SJ fans!! Too bad Luongo had to let in his 2 bad goals a game routine but that was a hell of a win. DOMINATION! Now all we need is a split in SJ and its all over. fingers crossed.

You guys have a heck of a team up there. I drool over a VAN-BOS final imagine how much of a knock em out grind em down punish them physically series that would be. Id see like each team endign the series with like 13-14 healthy skaters at best lol.

• 2 weeks later...

This has the potential to be the best series in a long time and that's saying something since the past 3 were pretty good.

No matter what some team's long cupless streak is gonna end starting tomorrow night!!

I rarely watch hockey, but I watched game 7 and I'm very glad I did. Great game.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!