IGNORED

The Official 2010-11 NHL Hockey Talk Thread!

BostonSully
Note: This thread is 4684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Grndslmhttr3

Well, being from outside of Philly, it's obvious who I wanted to win. But since the Flyers got their asses handily beaten, I have no choice but to root against the Bruins.

Another reason for me wanting the Bruins to lose is that at school, 90% of hockey fans are Bruins or Rangers fans.

I always root for the team that beats the B's in the PO's unless its the Habs. Last year I was rooting for the flyers after that epic fail by the B's. I think its better to be beaten by the best.

But aboot the SCF, I think if the Bruins had 1 legit star scorer a'la Crosby/OV/Malkin/Kane/Perry etc... this series is over. The fact that they lost 3 games in VAN by goal is proof of this IMO, I just wish that Julien had developed Seguin this year and that maybe he would be closer to being that kind of player because the B's are in dire need of someone like that right now. The kid only saw 4mins through 2periods last night despite playing well in mostly all Bruins fans minds and im full confused about what CJ is trying to accomplish playing Recchi/Ryder/Campbell as a PP unit.

Our coach is Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde he is either completely genius or seemingly inept and very frustating. But Go B's I really cant stand the VAN players at this point, I mean show some class for gods sake. Luongo trashing on thomas after he plays 1 good game and thomas lets in 1 flukey goal, Rome blaming Horton for getting hurt its just really really classless. I mean I may hate a team worse than I hate the habs at this point. At least the Habs players arent complete D'Bags to the media. Im feeling a close win for the B's tomorrow and a gutwrencher in GM7.

GO B's!!!!!

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Congratulations to the Bruins and to Patrice Bergeron and Tim Thomas especially. A couple classy and interesting guy by anyone's standard!!

I was going to burn my Canucks hat, but figure there should be one 'Nucks supporter somewhere who's not setting something on fire!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Embarrassing crowd.

"boooooo"

That's all I heard.....booing won't give you the Stanley Cup so shut the **** up

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

How about them Bruins!!!!!!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Tried to buy one of the hats to complete my poser-hockey fan look, the guy told me they sold out in 5 minutes. He probably saw me coming from a mile away. ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My mother in law works at Reebok so I am hoping she thought of me and grabbed some Bruins gear.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Embarrassing crowd.

"boooooo"

That's all I heard.....booing won't give you the Stanley Cup so shut the **** up

Havent had a chance to post yet because I've been in Las Vegas sense Monday and man it was a blast. Watched that GM7 at Lagasse Stadium it was the closest to being at the game w/o being there I have ever experienced. B's fans going Nuts, Nucks fans leaving in shame. It was epic.

They were Booing Bettman, which is hillarious.

Congratz B's, I wonder who had them as a favorite in the first post of this thread hmmmmmmm.....

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post
None

Is he out again? I saw him dancing around someone wearing bleu blanc et rouge just the other day.

Regarding a Canucks v. Bruins SCF: I'll bet 100 gazillion dollars against that happening in my lifetime.

Hahaha.. Ill take that 100 Gazillion Sean.

I'm a true Bruins fan but come on, that was a really un-physical series compared to what it should've been. The refs should've let a lot more go on. I saw more physicalness in the NBA Finals.

Congrats to Tim Thomas for one of the best performances I've ever seen, hopefully they do it again next year.

Started playing golf July '11, 14 years old

Best round (9 holes): 40, Blissful Meadows Golf Club - August 4th, 2012. (Played tips too)

Best round (18 holes): 85 (40, 45) Summerside Country Club (PEI, Canada) - July 2012

Originally Posted by Andrew24

I'm a true Bruins fan but come on, that was a really un-physical series compared to what it should've been. The refs should've let a lot more go on. I saw more physicalness in the NBA Finals.

Congrats to Tim Thomas for one of the best performances I've ever seen, hopefully they do it again next year.

x39.jpg

Originally Posted by BostonSully

Started playing golf July '11, 14 years old

Best round (9 holes): 40, Blissful Meadows Golf Club - August 4th, 2012. (Played tips too)

Best round (18 holes): 85 (40, 45) Summerside Country Club (PEI, Canada) - July 2012

Hey Philly fans you might want to check out your hockey websites.....Carter and Richards gone......But you did get back and sign Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds and Bryzgalov.....Im a Rangers fan and I dont know how to feel about this.....

OGIO Grom Stand Bag:
Driver - Taylormade R7 Limited 9.5*
3Wood - Cleveland Hibore 15*
Hybrid - Cleveland Hibore 19*
Irons - Taylormade R7s 4-GWWedges - Cleveland CG12s Black pearl 54*/12* & 58*/8*Putter - Rife ArubaBack-ups - Karsten Anser / Odyssey White Ice #9Ball - Taylormade Burner TP & LDP...

Originally Posted by Slappy9

Hey Philly fans you might want to check out your hockey websites.....Carter and Richards gone......But you did get back and sign Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds and Bryzgalov.....Im a Rangers fan and I dont know how to feel about this.....

Honestly I dont get that deal. Is philly rebuilding? doesn make sense to me. I was seriously worried about philly next year but now IDK what to think.

I like the deal, I have never liked Carter and think we got a great deal for him.  I wish we would have kept Richards but I can live with that deal as well.  The off season isn't over and I would not be surprised to see the Flyers go after Brad Ricahrds which would be great.  I don't think this puts Philly into a full rebuilding mode, Schenn has great potential and Simmonds is not a bad player either.  If Giroux and JVR both step up and have great seasons I think the Flyers will be fine.  I am pretty excited about next season.

Originally Posted by Slappy9

Voracek and Simmonds are RFA's and still need to be signed. Perhaps Philly got sick of Dubinsky always beating up Richards? Simmonds is a big upgrade there!

Originally Posted by BostonSully

Honestly I dont get that deal. Is philly rebuilding? doesn make sense to me. I was seriously worried about philly next year but now IDK what to think.

They have a superior goalie now.  They are quite young upfront though. Giroux is ready for the 1c role and PP duties. I'd say they will be just fine.

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

I like the deal, I have never liked Carter and think we got a great deal for him.  I wish we would have kept Richards but I can live with that deal as well.  The off season isn't over and I would not be surprised to see the Flyers go after Brad Ricahrds which would be great.  I don't think this puts Philly into a full rebuilding mode, Schenn has great potential and Simmonds is not a bad player either.  If Giroux and JVR both step up and have great seasons I think the Flyers will be fine.  I am pretty excited about next season.

They won't be going after Brad Richards, they don't have the cap space. They will probably move Versteeg so they have money to sign their RFA's and Leino. Voracek and Simmonds are pretty good players and only 21,22. And Schenn is a top prospect and will be 20 when the season starts.  I think they will be fine too.

Note: This thread is 4684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!