Note: This thread is 3842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So.... I'm starting to look for a new pair of golf shoes... and this time I don't want to necessarily go with the cheapest ones I can find.

What I really want is a pair of spikeless shoes that I can wear to and from the course and keep on after my round if I want too. So far, I have looked at the Ecco Street Premiere shoes (I think they are the ones that Fred Couples has been wearing) and the TRUE Linkswear shoes (saw those in an article on this site).

I was wondering if anybody had tried out any other good shoes out there without spikes. Even though I'm not going to buy the cheapest shoes this time around, I don't want to spend too much... Right around $150 would be my limit.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just curious as to why you wouldn't want dedicated golf shoes. You'd be wearing them out prematurely by wearing them outside of the golf course. Having spikes I think will help more than not having any. If I slip while in my swing with spikeless shoes, then that might be in the back of mind as I swing from there on.

I have a pair a couple pair of shoes with spikes already... a cheap pair of Nikes and a slightly nicer pair. I'm just looking for something a bit different than what I already have and came across the True Linkswear article a few days ago and liked the way those looked... then a few days ago me and my wife were out shopping and I saw the Ecco pair and liked the way those looked as well. I'm not saying that I would wear them out everyday, they still would be pretty much golf only... But say, for instance, that I played and then wanted to go out to eat or something, I wouldn't mind having a shoe that I could just leave on. Also, my swing isn't really way out of balance or anything and I think that a spikeless shoe would work just fine. I practice fairly often in just tennis shoes as I'll go after work and don't have my golf shoes with me and never have had a problem with slipping.

Go with the Ecco then. They make great golf shoes in general and are very comfortable. I tried them on at the store and felt great right away. A buddy owns them and he plays in them quite often and has no complaints.

At this point, I think either the ECCO or TRUE offerings are your best bet. I don't think the TRUE shoes ship until sometime in October though, so ECCO pretty much has this niche locked down. One of my friends plays in some Nike trainers, the spikes on his golf shoes were giving him leg problems as he has a bad knee. He seems to like them fine - as long as the course isn't wet.

So I've been thinking about it more, and one of the things that really caught my attention about the TRUE golf shoes is how light they are. The more I think about it, the more I think that I'd rather have really light shoes regardless of if they are spikeless or not. Any suggestions?

So I've been thinking about it more, and one of the things that really caught my attention about the TRUE golf shoes is how light they are. The more I think about it, the more I think that I'd rather have really light shoes regardless of if they are spikeless or not. Any suggestions?

Very light, indeed. I was at a Scratch Golf demo day on Monday with Ryan Moore, and they had some True Linkswear shoes on display; I think the company's payroll wears them to sleep.

Very light, indeed. I was at a Scratch Golf demo day on Monday with Ryan Moore, and they had some True Linkswear shoes on display; I think the company's payroll wears them to sleep.

The one big problem that I have with the TRUE shoes is that at least for the time being, there is no where that I can go to try them on and actually see how they fit. According to the website, it'll be 2011 before they hook up with any major stores. I'd hate to buy a pair only to have them fit funny and need to return them.

The one big problem that I have with the TRUE shoes is that at least for the time being, there is no where that I can go to try them on and actually see how they fit. According to the website, it'll be 2011 before they hook up with any major stores. I'd hate to buy a pair only to have them fit funny and need to return them.

I hear they're trying to make a retail launch in time for the holidays; at least that's the case at PGA Superstore locations.

I hear they're trying to make a retail launch in time for the holidays; at least that's the case at PGA Superstore locations.

That'd be nice... I could definitely wait until then... Any other good, super light shoes come to mind?

Check out the Nike Air Zoom Vapors. I got a pair online for 59 bucks, they are fully waterproof, comfy, super light and have soft spikes. I could wear them all day. On concrete/tile, etc, they don't feel sketchy at all due to lots of built in tread on the sole. Check them out.

No spike golf shoes would be normal runners right??? Save your money, keep wearing your normal runners :)

Whats the point is spikeless golf shoes really? Ecco's from what ive seen have no "real" arch support. (If you don;t no anything about shoes, don't try to argue with me on this) You don't have the same stability you would get with a normal golf shoe. Seriously if you are just to lazy to take a 2nd pair of shoes( im not saying your not, im just saying if you are) then there is somthing wrong.

I'm guessing the OP means spikeless as in golf shoes without removable spikes. There are a few companies that make these where the shoes just have really aggressive tread, similar to golf spikes. There is another nike shoe other than the ones I suggested above that are a full spikeless option, although I don't know the name off the top of my head. The reason I didn't get those was that they weren't water proof.

No spike golf shoes would be normal runners right??? Save your money, keep wearing your normal runners :)

I wouldn't say that they are normal runners... I don't think I would do any running in the Ecco Street Premiers or the Trues. Like the other poster said its the ones with "aggressive tread, similar to golf spikes."

But like I said above... I think that I'm looking more for really light weight shoes over spikeless. And no, I'm not too lazy to bring a second pair of shoes, just thought it might be nice to have something different. I don't get why people just can't answer the question asked...

Note: This thread is 3842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!