IGNORED

2010 Ryder Cup Result

Ash1974
Note: This thread is 4945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wanted to say well done to the USA, I thought you guys were gonna kick our asses today, 6 matches won with conviction.
Well done to the whole USA team.

Also wanted to say Wahooooooo! to Europe, nice to have the Ryder Cup back in European hands.

What a Ryder Cup that was

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

If Tiger keeps putting like that...

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hunter .. come on man you play better than that .. to fluff a chip...

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

Hunter .. come on man you play better than that .. to fluff a chip...

Rito lets just blame his flubbed chip on losing the ryder cup.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

last ryder cup for tiger i feel. Not a team player what-so-ever. Didnt even look like he wanted to be there.
Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons
Ping Tour 54 - 62 WedgesOriginal Anser Putter Pro V1

last ryder cup for tiger i feel. Not a team player what-so-ever. Didnt even look like he wanted to be there.

Out of a possible 4 points, Tiger got 3 and dominated out there today..Stricker/Woods/Overton were our best performers..

Disagree...He was very involved all week on the greens helping Steve Stricker out.

I'm not too big on "moral victories" so am disappointed. But the Euros played well while some of our Key guys struggled and the Euros deserved the win. They made the shots that had to be made. I was surprised at how close it was after the session 3 matches yesterday. So the USA certainly excelled at individual matches and forced the competition to go to the last match. Also have to give Monty some credit for not making any assumptions about winning early and putting the clean up hitter in last slot. I thought Tiger, Fowler, and Cink earned their Captain's Pick. Have to give Cory some credit for those three. I think we lost yesterday in session 3. Not sure why the USA seems to always struggle with team play.

Butch

Commiserations to all Americans on the board.We had the majority of the worlds top 20 at this tournament.It was meant to be this close.Apart from a couple of the match ups,particulary Tiger and Phil these matches could easily go either way because of the ability of the players on show.It ebbed and flowed over each session to both sides.It's kind of fantastic from an Englishmens point of view because of the over hyped football side from our side of the pond which was a damp squib,it's been left to the cricket boys and the golfers to lift our spirits.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Man, to only come up 1/2 point short has to be brutal - Cink could have had that yesterday or today, but it was not meant to be. I was surprised how easily Jimenez disposed of Watson today, but Fowlers 1/2 point was one for the ages.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

A comparison of how the players performed.

The two most surprising data are probably Furyk and Mickelson. But they were paired with two rookies (Fowler and D.Johnson) on all the Fourballs and Foursomes. It's easier playing with Stricker than a rookie.

The Molinari brothers playing together in their first Ryder Cup was perhaps a bit much, but compared to the other rookies, I'd say they did well. Edoardo lost momentum in the last match and only got a half point against Fowler, Francesco got steamrolled by Tiger, not much to do there.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Did you watch the Ryder Cup this weekend? He was very involved, especially helping his partner reading greens. I don't see where this not a team player label is coming from.

Joe Paradiso

Did you watch the Ryder Cup this weekend? He was very involved, especially helping his partner reading greens. I don't see where this not a team player label is coming from.

Agreed. Didn't get a sense of him not wanting to be there by any means.

Looked involved and excited to be there just as anyone else. Also think it was great for him and the PGA Tour. I think this is what Tiger needed. A companionship and the feel of comradery will push his competitive mode much more. I expect this to really push him for the upcoming season.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Watching the US preff conference just now, why do they keep asking Mahan questions? Can't they tell he's not in a place where he would like to answer questions right now? To ask a guy in his position how it felt to be in the last group and have everything come up to you like that is just stupid.

A lot of good things being said on this preff conference, nice to see the players staying together as a group.

What cup did you watch? Tiger was one of the best players out there this week. Is your definition of a team player one that does a Poulter-like celebration after every hole won? Tiger is Tiger, he express himself the way he does. The majority of players didn't act like McIlroy and Poulter. Celebrating however you want is of course not an issue, it's about getting the ball in the hole here.

Yes, Tiger is probably a stronger individual than team player, performance wise, but you don't walk on his shadow all day long. You don't follow him after the rounds, talk to him during the round. How can you say he's not a team player, based only on TV pictures? Tiger isn't happy when his game is not there, so he didn't put on the smile all day long. He is a golfer out there to play golf, staying focused and determined is how he plays golf.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

As annoying as many find him, Poulter can walk the walk.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Props to Fowler who showed stones down the stretch. Tiger came out roaring in singles and lowered the boom. I think he wanted to be there.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 4945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!