IGNORED

2010 Ryder Cup Result

Ash1974
Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Funniest post i have read on here!

BOOM BABY !!!!

I felt that our players deserved a better Capt. Wow did this guy do a number.... Stone faced when we were winning...then it's all shits and giggles when we got our heads knocked off in the 3rd round matches...WTF??

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I was the first one to spurt expletives when I saw Pavin had picked Rickie Fowler to the team this year, but hats off to the kid for his great comeback today down 3 with 3 to go. What a great performance, and hopefully many more like it to come.

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

• Administrator
last ryder cup for tiger i feel. Not a team player what-so-ever. Didnt even look like he wanted to be there.

Guys, ignore the moronic posts, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very Disappointing to lose the Cup after just getting it back, I don't wanna start blaming specific folks or anything, but that was some pathetic golf by some on the American squad.
It's really too bad that you HAVE to select the top 8 $ winners, some of those guys really don't fit the format well.
Attire and Rainsuits were just ridiculous, not a fan of Pavin at all.

Don't think Mahan should feel bad for duffing that chip, why should he when other people also lost, and played worse than he did in the Foursomes and Fourballs?
As said he was up against GMac and when he holed that put it was all but over.

I don't think Mahan will feel too bad, he is straight up guy and knows how good he is (one of my fave players on USPGA I might add)

As for Tiger, I liked the roar he got form the crowd when his name was called in the Opening Ceremony, that made him smile, something I saw more of during this RC, he seems to be smiling more and more which I think is a good sign he is starting to enjoy his golf again.
Plus 8 under par after 15 holes in his singles match is some play

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

NEWPORT, Wales – Just an hour or so after a devastating 14 ½-13 ½ loss to the Europeans in the 2010 Ryder Cup at the Celtic Manor Resort, Hunter Mahan did everything he could to keep his emotions in check. But he couldn’t. For anyone who believes the U.S. players care a little less about the Ryder Cup than their European counterparts, it’s a shame they couldn’t see Mahan in the post-match press conference. Flanked by Phil Mickelson and Zach Johnson, Mahan tried his best to explain what it was like to have the Ryder Cup riding on his match -- the last of the 12 singles against Graeme McDowell -- which was a 3&1 defeat that gave Europe the clinching point it needed. It was obvious that Mahan was trying mightily to form the words, but as he tried to get them out, the 28-year-old bursts into tears. “I'm just proud to be a part of this team,” Mahan said, voice cracking. “It's a close team, and …” While he should have felt like a proud member of a 12-man team that nearly mounted the second-best comeback in Ryder Cup history, Mahan instead felt like he was the one man who let 11 others down. As Mickelson and Johnson rubbed Mahan’s back to offer support, Stewart Cink explained that this one wasn’t Mahan’s fault at all. “If you go up and down the line of the Tour players in Europe and U.S. and asked them if they would like to be the last guy to decide the Ryder Cup, probably less than half would say they would like to be that guy and probably less than 10 percent of them would mean it,” Cink said. “Hunter Mahan put himself in that position today, Cink added. “He was a man on our team, to put himself in that position, all right? It's a selfish spot in the game of golf, and Hunter Mahan performed like a champ out there today. And I think it's awesome. Not many players would want to do that.” Stricker, a 2&1 winner of the opening singles match against Lee Westwood, was another player who would have no part of Mahan taking all the blame. “It really doesn't come down to Hunter,” Stricker explained. “And you hate to put a guy in that position. We can all look back and we can all think about a shot here or there that could have turned the match to make up that one point, and you hate to see Hunter go through what he's going through, because it really shouldn't have come down to that. But unfortunately it did, and we are taking this all as a team as a loss. We are trying to help Hunter along here in this situation. But a tough deal for him.” Every player on the U.S. team will be playing the what-if game until they get another crack at the Ryder Cup in two years at Medinah Country Club in Chicago. And, by the looks of things, this one is going to stick with Mahan for a while. Truth be told, it’s amazing that Mahan even had a chance to snatch a half-point for the U.S. After six holes, he was 3-down. Through 11 holes, Mahan trailed by that same margin. But with a no-quit attitude, Mahan resiliently reduced his deficit to just 1-down after birdies on Nos. 12 and 15. However, unlike Mahan’s fellow Dallas, Texas, resident Justin Leonard at Brookline in 1999, a miracle wasn’t meant to be this time around. McDowell masterfully holed a long birdie putt on No. 16 to recapture a 2-up lead. Mahan still had a chance to squeak out a half-point on the par-3 17th, but his tee shot settled short of the green, he chunked a chip and missed a par putt to put pressure on McDowell. After Mahan’s miss, he conceded the match to McDowell, the reigning U.S. Open champion, whose year could not have ended better if it were a dream. For Mahan, it was a nightmare. “I've played with Graeme before,” Mahan said, wiping away the tears. “I don't even know what day it was. But he didn't miss a shot. I think it was alternate shot, and he played … he played great today. Didn't miss a shot. Hit a bunch of key putts, probably the last four or five holes, and you know, he that birdie on 16, after I got it to 1 down, was huge. He played ... he just beat me today.” The U.S. cares tremendously about the Ryder Cup. You could see it in all their eyes. Especially Mahan’s.

From

this article .. Man...I definitely feel awful for Mahan... Definitely rooting for him to have a good season in '11 BTW anyone have link to the video of the press conference ?

From

Try this. Extracts of the US conference begin just before halfway. Good contributons from Cink and Furyk.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/vide...0-europe-video Also, this one's good although it isn't video. http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...s-hunter-mahan The Guardian's coverage is quite good, for once. I feel for Mahan after seeing that - I knew he was disappointed, even from 100 yards away, you could see it. He has no reason to feel ashamed or as if he let the team down - his fightback was amazing. McDowell barely put a foot wrong (except on the 15th) and was playing wonderful, solid and occasionally inspired golf and Mahan had to play superbly just to stay in the match. Whatever he was feeling before he got to the 17th, it was so, so tense, real nail-biting stuff. McDowell's putt on 16 must have been a dagger to the heart. The only other player I can recall making that putt from that side was Mickelson, again on the final day, and he was pretty comfortably up by then. Mahan/McDowell was nip-and-tuck and the rpessure was really, really racked up after Fowler's fightback - four birdies in the last four holes. Edouardo didn't lose the plot - I think he parred all four holes - but Fowler won the last three to snatch a point and put it all on the last match. That duffed chip shot - well, I was amazed both players got their drives anywhere near the green down 17. The crowd was closing in, it was like a tunnel of humanity - the room I'm sitting in right now feels wider than the slot they had to hit down. There must have been 15-20,000 crowded round what is a short hole - it was like being at a rock concert, the crush was so tight. It wasn't Hunter Mahan who lost the Ryder Cup - it was the European team's 5.5-0.5 win on Sunday that put the team in the position to win. If you want to know where and when it was won and lost, look no further than that. Some poor American performances then, yes, but don't underestimate the way Europe turned it round. They had let winning positions go on Saturday and there was discontent in the crowd, be in no doubt - Monty's midday rocket seems to have done the trick. The Molinaris clawed their way back to get a half, all the European team contributed. Mahan has nothing to be ashamed of; he can hold his head as high as anyone else - actually, higher than, for example, Mickelson, who is now the most losingest player in Ryder Cup history, despite his point on Monday. Cink missed a chance to beat McIlroy. Furyk didn't quite get back against Donald. etc, etc. While feeling for him, I'm glad in one way - I was beginning to think that the stuff about Americans not caring about the Ryder Cup was true - and maybe even that they rated the President's Cup higher. The emotion of Mahan and the words of Cink and Furyk have shown that the players care and THEY know this is the big one.

This made me laugh from the LOS ANGELES TIMES: 'In a competition with an overwhelming aroma of nationalism, Europe had defeated the big 'ol, rich USA, which is always special for Europe. European sports fans like that a lot. USA fans, with so many more things to choose from and be loyal to, are less invested.'

Classic taste of sour grapes there. I'd be interested to hear what these many more things were, that the poor little Europeans can't choose from and be loyal to. I also wonder how much investment they think would have been invested had team USA achived the extra half point?

In my Bag,

Putter: a two ball copy
SW: Titleist vokey
GW: Cleveland 52dg Irons: Ping eye 3, pw - 3 & a non descript 1 iron.Woods: King Cobra 5wDriver: Titleist 360 TIn my Hip flask: Scotch

This made me laugh from the LOS ANGELES TIMES:

Agreed.

Did you see what Furyk said in the press conference? It matters to those guys - which I am pleased to see. Now I shall return to my pathetic and half-empty life, with so very few sports to choose from. No baseball; no gridiron football; very little basketball. What shall I do? Archery? Badminton? Bowls? Curling? Cricket? something beginning with E? Fencing? Golf? Hurley? Handball? High jump? etc, etc, etc.

Agreed.

I would agree. What a dumb article.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!