IGNORED

2010 Ryder Cup Result

Ash1974
Note: This thread is 4923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

last ryder cup for tiger i feel. Not a team player what-so-ever. Didnt even look like he wanted to be there.

Seriously? What examples proves your point?

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

last ryder cup for tiger i feel. Not a team player what-so-ever. Didnt even look like he wanted to be there.

haters gonna hate, huh?

He didn't have to be there if he didn't want.

he cut his interview short because he was so eager to go talk to his team...no idea where this assumption came from

Congrats to Corey Pavin...what a bang up job he did.

He didn't look like he wanted to be there. I don't think he recovered from the early wardrobe malfunction. The "iron on" ryder cup sweater decal was a nice touch also. If he was trying to motivate the team by keeping them wet, cold, and looking like tools....it didn't work.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I don't know. He didn't freak out after the drubbing on Sunday, stuck to his guns and his guys nearly pulled it off.

The player who surprised me the most was Overton. I had him down to be tied for goat of the event with Paddy Harrington and instead he was as good as anyone out there. I think Bubba has to get the nod for biggest bust on the US side, since Phil and DJ at least won their singles. Furyk was particularly unlucky with his pairings and played better than his points suggest. Conversely, on the Euro side, Kaymer was much worse than his numbers show, in my opinion.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I were giving grades to captains, I'd give Monty an B+ or maybe an A-, and Pavin a C-.

On the downside for Monty, the Euro team was thought by many to be stronger, yet they barely pulled off a win on their home soil. On Monty's upside, he fed the press quote machine fairly well, kept his team focused and created a solid sense of cohesive team attitude (remember these guys are all different nationalities, often with cultural differences greater than the American players - I personally think people ascribe too much "teamness" to the European players before the matches start). He also approached the matches strategically, analyzing where he thought the US players might be in a lineup and positioning his players accordingly. With Corey, on the upside he seemed to handle a lot of the details early on, and I think his captain's picks performed generally well. He took a few pairing risks that paid off like DJ/Fowler on Day 1. And his team came out prepared for the singles matches. But I think there were a lot of downsides to his captaincy. He did a rambling speech (ever think of dry running the speech with others beforehand?) and then slipped up badly with his introduction of Cink, first skipping him and then getting his residence wrong (gee Cory, there are only 12 guys on the team - don't you know them yet? And ever heard of notes?) He didn't seem to do as good of job as a field general, dealing with the changes as they came up. An example was the issue with the rainsuits discovered in the practice rounds, which weren't resolved until it was too late. I also didn't care for his methodology of picking the singles line up - he claims that he didn't give a thought to what Monty might do and simply put them in the order he wanted. If this is true, I think that's a poor way to do it - one should always try and understand what your competition might do and position yourself to handle it. And if that wasn't true, i.e. he actually did consider the possible Euro lineup, and he lied about it then I don't care for that slip of integrity. I felt at the last Ryder Cup that Azinger deserved a solid A and Faldo a C-, but to me this year the captain's grades were the other way around.

A couple of thoughts on the Ryder Cup.......

1. First and foremost, Congrats to the European team....Well Played!

2. The attention surrounding the Captains at each Ryder Cup is so ridiculous....in the end, it comes down to which team plays better...maybe the most over-rated position in sports

3. The Monday finish was dissapointing and the thought of "halving" all matches that were undecided by nightfall Monday was absurd....need to do something so that NEVER happens

4. When talking about historic Ryder Cup disasters, is there anyone in history that was damaged by a Ryder Cup more than the shareholders of Sun Mountain? Ouch.....

5. Kudos to Jeff Overton...the kid has got some moxie and isn't afraid to show some emotion.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

This is one of those ridiculous things that people say without having any evidence at all to support it.

Tiger Woods will probably be playing in the next 5 Ryder Cups.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

poulter is a freakin stud...

but i have to admit, im like tiger - i dont really care about the ryder cup. at least not as much as majors.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is one of those ridiculous things that people say without having any evidence at all to support it.

And captaining a few after that.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

And captaining a few after that.

I would actually be surprised if Tiger wants to captain - I don't think he would do it until he's in his 60's and can't compete with the young guys.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I would actually be surprised if Tiger wants to captain - I don't think he would do it until he's in his 60's and can't compete with the young guys.

Yeah, might take a while but I think he will one day. Most great players end up a Ryder Cup captain at some point. I don't think he'd make a particularly good captain actually, for many reasons, but having the status in the game that he does, he'll be nominated eventually regardless.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Funniest post i have read on here!

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Why cant people just say that we got beat instead of finding blame. The Euro's smoked us in team play ..... and we ended up making it close in singles. I feel bad for Hunter, because I know what choking feels like. Congrats to the European team.
Kudo's to Ricky and Overtone as well, especially since I figured them to be the achilles heel.

Does anyone think that the way Hunter ended it might have caused damage that is going to take a long time to bounce back from? It feels worse than Dustin Johnson's blow ups, to me anyway. I hope he can recover quickly, but I don't know it will be all he hears about for quite some time I imagine.

In my stand Bag

Driver: R7 Limited TP
3 Wood: R9
Irons: Rac TP MB - (3-pw)Wedges: Rac TP z - 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Black Series #1

Does anyone think that the way Hunter ended it might have caused damage that is going to take a long time to bounce back from? It feels worse than Dustin Johnson's blow ups, to me anyway. I hope he can recover quickly, but I don't know it will be all he hears about for quite some time I imagine.

I think the situation might save him. He did duff the chip but he most probably needed to hole it out to have a chance of extending the match considering where McDowell's ball was. If the match was all square or even if McDowell was 1 up and there was a better chance that the match could go on then I could see him struggling to come back from this but he was most likely about to lose the match anyway, he just managed to do it in a more spectacular fashion than he could have.

I doubt it, he got beat by a Major Winner in McDowell. Probably trying to make too much happen with all teammates and eyes of the world looking at his chip shot. Euro's won it fair and square, I'm glad we sacked up and made it pretty damn exiciting at the finish. Good Ryder Cup, the Euro's played as a solid unit and played with class. But I still think our Captain sucked! I will take it back to when Pavin blatently ignored the fans and signing auto's at the Transitions Championship in March of this year....I was scratching my head.....this is our Ryder Cup Captain? Way to build spirit Corey....didn't even look at the kids and fans wanting Auto's....Harrington, Sergio, Furyk, Fowler, D Johnson, and almost every other player took the time to interact with the fans.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Note: This thread is 4923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!