IGNORED

Best Fast Food

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 4901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Taco Bell - bang for your buck winner by a mile.

That's a good point. As long as your smart about what you order, you can make out with some decently healthy (and by that I mean fairly low calorie) food for next to nothing.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pantheon of Take-Out is as follows:

Boston Market
Chik-Fil-A
Chipotle
El Pollo Loco
Five Guys
Panda Express
Which Wich

End of discussion.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Ok, so here in Orange County we got our first Five Guys. Granted, I had been to Five Guys before, in both Alexandria, VA and Mt. Pleasant, SC. Five Guys is really, really good.

But In N Out is just better, period. I really cannot put my finger on why, because they are both excellent. I think maybe its because I've been eating In N Out for the last 13 years, it was one of the things that was such a big deal when I moved to California from South Carolina, and it just is what it is, at this point.

Last week, I wanted to conclude for myself which is really better. I had In N Out on Monday, Five Guys a few days later, and I had In N Out again on Monday. From these three experiences, I decided In N Out was definitely better, and I decided that I'll never debate it again between those two outlets.

Put either in front of me, and I'll eat.

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

Since I'm from the midwest I'll have to toss Culvers into the equation :P

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

White castle(only been to one once, not many around here), taco bell(open late), hardees (big burgers), KFC (love it).

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Since I'm from the midwest I'll have to toss Culvers into the equation :P

Hell, yes!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Hate to say it, but Taco Bell is my personal choice.

But as for other places, Pollo Tropical ranks highly. KFC is good on occasion, as are Steak & Shake, Jersey Mikes, and Checkers. I've never been to 5 guys, but I should try it.

Ok, so here in Orange County we got our first Five Guys. Granted, I had been to Five Guys before, in both Alexandria, VA and Mt. Pleasant, SC. Five Guys is really, really good.

Having seen a picture of an In-n-Out burger, I think I can put my finger on it. The cheese looks like it is melted (almost) into the burger and the burger doesn't look quite as well done as a Five Guys burger.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Fazoli's (Better tasting and cheaper than Olive Garden IMO)

Quizno's (expensive but tasty)

Culvers (delicious and reasonable)

Taco Bell (the other white meat.....err, or something....)

Just found out I have a hockey game tonight. Taco Bell is the only thing on the way home from work so I grabbed a Quesidilla. It tasted good for a mexican grilled cheese but I ate it 15 mins ago maybe. I allready have to poo poo:

So I guess there out of the running.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Never heard of most of these.

A few good ones in my little town:

- Harvey's / Swiss Chalet
- Opa
- Korean Barbecue
- Jogu Juice (or is it Jugo?)
- Edo
- A&W; even though there's only one single healthy item on the menu
- Arby's (that's beef?)

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Zaxby's

Culver's

Hardee's/Carl's JR
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

Not a big fan of "Five Guys Burger". The cajun fries are good but I think the waffle fries at "Chick-Fil-A" are the best. Burger goes to "In-n-Out". I guess "Shake Shack" is a local thing. They have one in CitiField (Mets Stadium) and a couple in the city. If you are ever come definitely worth a try but you could say that about many other places as well. No love for "Johnny Rockets"? That used to be my favorite until my eyes were opened when I went to Cali for an "In-n-Out" burger. I guess I neglect "White Castle" since I have one 5 minutes from my house. They have pretty good combos where you get 2 burgers, fries, and drink for $2.99. "Chipotle" is the best Mexican fast food over Qdoba or Green Cactus.

« Keith »

I do like In 'N Out but only get it when I go to California for business. Five Guys is good - but pretty low on the healthy list. When I can find one (none very close to me) I like Steak 'n Shake. El Pollo Loco is another good CA favorite of mine.

I don't get it. White Castle opened 11 years earlier. Is it supposed to be a joke?

I worked for Krystal right out of college. They stated at that time that white castle was started by a former employee, the company operated under another name before Krystal, unfortuantely that was well over 30 years ago and I don't remember the details. They also told us they were the first to use a drive through window, but gave up on it before it was revived and made popular by others. Since it was a privately owned company at that time anyway, I don't know that there woudl be any way to investigate something from so long ago.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I worked for Krystal right out of college. They stated at that time that white castle was started by a former employee, the company operated under another name before Krystal, unfortuantely that was well over 30 years ago and I don't remember the details. They also told us they were the first to use a drive through window, but gave up on it before it was revived and made popular by others. Since it was a privately owned company at that time anyway, I don't know that there woudl be any way to investigate something from so long ago.

Did you say 30 years ago or in the 1930s. If What Castle or whoever claims to have invented drive-in restaurants then everything else they say is to be take with a grain of salt - not 10 000 grains like the typical fast food meal.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I went to White Castle...

... but I got thrown out.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

The Pantheon of Take-Out is as follows:

This has to be a typo.... Where's In N Out? The Double-Double is almost worth a free-miles flight... No really. They're that good.

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5° | Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15° | Irons: Mizuno MP-57 3-PW | Wedges: Cleveland CG11 52° 56° 60° | Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie

Note: This thread is 4901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!