IGNORED

Loaning Money To Friends

ks8829
Note: This thread is 4803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

money lent to friend should be considered a gift that may be paid back...you will most likley be disappointed if you appraoch it as anything less. if you don't mind giving it as a gift have it. i have lent as much as 5k to friend with no payback.

5,10 100 bucks isn't loan and shouldn't ever be brought back up if not paid back. IMO

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

exactly what i did. friend of mine asked me to invest a few thousand on a business venture a couple years ago. having been part of startups and my own business, he thought i'd understand what its like to start a business.

I weould do the same with weight loss. I used stay fairly lean and people would constantly ask for help with there diet. Often you could tell them stuff but it would they would not follow through. I would ask them to write down everything they eat for two weeks and then I could set them up. I would know they werte serious if they did it. I never got one list ever.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If a person doesn't have 2K now or 5k now, why would they have it in 1 year's time or even 5 years' time? That's how department stores' finace companies with interest free nothing to pay for 48 months or whatever make their money. They know that they'll get the huge interest because people don't save.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Polonius said it best:

Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

He borrowed from someone else and we are still playing golf every week.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Sensitive subject everyone ! If someone ask me for money for whatever reason...if it a closed golf buddy, i try to pass him half the amount the ask. I will NOT bother to ask him back as my budget is around US500. If he don't return, he is only worth the amount he borrow from me.

Isnt bad lending the reason why the world is in the financial state it is in today

Greed, impatience, overpopulation, etc.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I had my brother in law ask to borrow $5,000 about 5 years ago for his business. My wife and I loan him the money and he has not even once attempted to pay me back. He goes on vacations and buy golf equipment.

I had the smae thing happen to me. My wife gave her brother a bunch of money because he was whining about not having enough and then he went on a big golf vacation. I will never, ever feel bad about spending money on golf for myself after that. I figure if she thinks we have enough to give away then there is plenty enough for me to spend when I want.

The guy is a financial planner too. Go figure.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

I had the smae thing happen to me. My wife gave her brother a bunch of money because he was whining about not having enough and then he went on a big golf vacation. I will never, ever feel bad about spending money on golf for myself after that. I figure if she thinks we have enough to give away then there is plenty enough for me to spend when I want.

Sounds like the best money you have ever spent!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Sounds like the best money you have ever spent!

No kidding, sometimes you have to work strategically. By the way, he seems like an *excellent* financial planner if he wrangled a free golf vacation!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

ive got a friend that owes me money, he finally started paying me back with monthly payments though its going to take a while. Ill never loan anyone money again, anything more than $100 that is. $100 or less is so small an amount that it doesnt really count though if I did they would have to pay me back before I even loaned that much. Had another friend buy a truck from me and still owes some on it, not sure Ill ever get all that money either. I very seldom come into contact with either of these people anymore. Be vary wary of a friend who wants to use your credit as well as when push comes to shove and they dont want to pay, you're left holding the bag.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

• 2 months later...

I loaned  a few thousand to a good friend of mine from high school a few years back.  No paperwork or formality at all.  Not only that, this guy was having marital problems and had multiple DUIs.  I was very stressed but felt I had to do it.  Ultimately he paid me back faster than I expected and I'm very glad I was able to help him through a tough time.  I was prepared to lose the money though.

• 1 month later...

If you do loan your friend money, have him sign a note for the loan with how much monthly payments are and what will happen if he fails to pay on time or defers on the loan.

On a liter note, "If you loan someone twenty dollars and you never see them again, then it was a good investment".

Depends on what classes as a friend, I have loaned money, and have borrowed money.....if you know they're actually your friend, they will pay you back, and if you are truly their friend, you will pay them back. I borrowed $2400 from a good friend ( girlfriends sisters boyfriend ) to go on a family vacation that I wasn't planning on going on, and paid him back within 2 months.

I have lent $3000 to a friend, who paid me back just as fast.

Depends on the friend

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 4803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!