IGNORED

My Swing (enis750)

enis750
Note: This thread is 4834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

(i dont know how to embed vids anymore......, sorry for the link)

Here is some of my latest work

Still a work in progress obviously, but I think it’s coming….starting to feel natural now

These swings are not at full speed and with a wedge

I am hoping once I feel it more natural, that when I hit balls at 90%, it will be easy to replicate

Lots of work in slow mo and in front of a mirror in the ol basement

The vid shows both DTL and front view (didn’t know how to separate them in media player sorry)

Some things I have been working on:

-keeping the hips quiet and not swaying

-keeping my chest “over the ball” and creating a better shoulder turn

-keeping my backswing more on plane, as I was very flat before, almost swinging around my body creating a bad miss left

-trying to keep more weight distributed on the front foot at the top of my backswing

-hip slide (as Erik calls it) on the downswing

-more neutral grip (I was very strong before)

I think I still need to create more lag and hit down on the ball more, but its slowly coming

I have been studying Sean Ohairs swing and working with an instructor once a month for the past 5 months or so

I have been watching some SnT vids, trying to incorporate as much as I can pick up

I don’t want to call it a SnT swing, because I really don’t know much about it…..

Im tired of hitting off of mats too, need some turf already

Thoughts??????

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Looks good to me enis, going in the right direction. One thing I would add from watching is about your left leg kinking in towards your right leg on the backswing. Try to get that leg to go straight out instead of out and back away from the ball. I like the feeling of my right leg becoming more straight and my left knee bending almost straight out, supporting more weight on the backswing. I think it will make your swing more centered in your legs.

Yeah, my leg tends to come in like that, too, and one of the first things the evolvr guys got me to do was feel more like the flex was outward toward the left toe. My impression is a little bit of bank-in not a huge deal, though, unless it is causing you problems with getting the hips forward in the downswing. That said, I feel like (b) here is just a stronger position to hit from.

Screenshot2010-06-03at14728PM.png Screenshot2010-06-03at14844PM.png

A couple of other things that have helped me with hip slide are focusing on moving the left knee outside the left ankle on the downswing and trying to keep the right heel down longer -- rolling onto the inside of that foot through impact rather than popping it up.

Swing looks good, bro. Now, can you do that when you're actually hitting a ball?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Huge difference compared to the vids from this fall man.

The path of your hands and the clubhead are much improved.  Things look tighter, more body turn too.

Looks like it's going to be a good 2011.  See you on the other side of 1.0 :)

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Note: This thread is 4834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!