IGNORED

Longest you've gone without touching a golf club?

Note: This thread is 3938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...and I don't mean to go out and play a round or hit some balls at the range. I'm just talking about how long have you gone without ever putting your hands on some clubs in general.

Ever since I took an extreme interest in this game (a little over a year ago), I haven't been able to put my clubs down. I literally don't think I've gone a day without touching my clubs in some way. Whether that's to take a few practice swings in the house, take them out to the range, run out to a Dick's and gawk at all the gear you can't afford...whatever. I've always got a 7 iron in our family room just waiting for me to run over and take some swings with it.

I just can't help myself.

What's the longest you've gone without touching some clubs?

About 5 years. I used to play every weekend, and as my game was deteriorating I decided to take a hiatus for a few months. The few months grew into a year, then 2, then about 5 years before I was coerced to join in charity tournament hosted by a large company who was one of our customers. Amazingly I played decently without any warm up (the course turned out to not have a range) so I went out cold on the first tee having literally not hit a single ball in years! It got me interested in playing again, so when I started again I took some lessons to help get rid of a lot of bad habit before I reinforced them all over again. And I've been obsessively hooked ever since.

I unfortunatly have a illness that prevents me from playing and practising. So when im sick I will have around 8 weeks till I get better usually and I wont pick up a club the whole time. I just focus on getting better and resting.

I find when I do pick up a club when im sick, I end up going out and hitting atleast 5-10 balls and then it just makes sicker. When Im sick if I do exersise, my muscles just all titen up and get fluid. :(

But I really don't lose anything not playing for 8-12 weeks. Played my first game for around 12 weeks, a few weeks ago, shot 2 under. So breaks don't do much to me, aslong as I spend time on the putting green the morning I actully go back to play.

Since I started golfing last May I don't think I've gone a day without touching a club. In the Winter though I probably went a day here or there without taking a swing or something.

15 months. Broke my shoulder in April of '09, surgery on it July of '09, got diagnosed with A.S. in May 2010, able to swing a club again in August. Killed my game. Swing had to totally change due to loss of flexibility. It is coming back around though.

5 months this past winter. I played in Hawaii a few times in October and didn't touch a club again until March. I was fed up with my game at the time and just had no interest at all to play golf. I don't see that happening again, though. A week now is all I pretty much need to get my mind right again or to refuel my interest.

In 35 years there probably hasn't been more than a month that I didn't at least hit a few balls or chip and put. A couple years ago I was rather busy and only played 18 holes once that year.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've had probably three two-year stints here and there. During these times, I was in a "non-golf" mode so I could get other things done in life (and get back to golf).

If somebody came to town and wanted to play, I went with them. But, I would just show up at the course, hit a few warm-up shots, and go with it.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hear ya OP!!!!!!

I started playing last year, averaging 2 rounds per week. However, for the last 3 months, work has squeezed out all my playing time. So this weekend, in serious need to swing a club, I played a round expecting my swing to a sloppy mess. Yeah, at times, it felt loose. But I actually shot my handicap. LOVED IT!

Note: This thread is 3938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!