IGNORED

Ace no big deal.

Shorty
Note:Β This thread is 4937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

There was a lady in her 60's playing in the ladies senior League earlier this year, my wife's friend was in the group, this lady completely miss-hit her tee shot on the 7th (par 3, 140yds Island green) the ball skipped across the water rolled up the fringe and went in, my wifes friend went crazy jumping up and down arms all around the lady who was crying with joy, the other two ladies just got in their cart and drove to the green, not a word spoken.
When they got back to the clubhouse, no one in the clubhouse would congratulate her because of the way it happened, and she didn't even get a recognition from the league committee.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

Interesting there wasn't a reaction - from anyone in the group. It got me thinking.....how would (hopefully WILL) I respond if I got my first ace? In all honesty, I'd probably react the same way. I am a pretty calm and reserved person. I chipped in for eagle this spring and I just gave a little fist pump.

But if I were playing in a group...I would expect atleast one of them to yell out in excitement. My father-in-law gives a Tiger-like-roar just when he makes par (it rather embarrasing ) He'd probably give himself a heartattack if he got a hole-in-one!

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

I guess they subscribe to the "act like you've been there before" mentality. I'd probably outwardly react closer to that, while inside I'd be jumping up and down like an idiot.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My first hole in one will be followed by the mightiest roar I'm possibly capable of making, followed by much stupid grinning and never-stop talking about it-ing.

I give overly positive emotional responses to pretty much anything I deem as awesome on the course, so I can only imagine how far I'd go if I nailed an ace.

...everyone will know about it, that's for sure.

I donΒ΄t think I would have made a very exuberant celebration of a HIO. ItΒ΄s just a good shot that got lucky. I was 3 inches short of a hole in one yesterday, would have been nice if it went in, but I wouldnΒ΄t have started screaming.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I wonder... I've made and seen hole in ones, several in fact. I would guess at least half of them were not the best, sweet type shots. Maybe a little thin, so they ran a bit, or a big curving shot that just happened to go in. Of course the well struck, right at it ones are always amazingly well played, but not all hole in ones are equal when it comes to what the ball striker feels at impact.

Also, and I don't remember this exactly, was it not Hogan who was playing with someone who either made a hole in one or flew a second shot into the hole and Hogan did not even notice it due to his focus on his own game?

Personally, I love to see competitors hit great shots, and my favorite is a well struck bunker shot that goes in the hole.

RC

Β 

There was a lady in her 60's playing in the ladies senior League earlier this year, my wife's friend was in the group, this lady completely miss-hit her tee shot on the 7th (par 3, 140yds Island green) the ball skipped across the water rolled up the fringe and went in, my wifes friend went crazy jumping up and down arms all around the lady who was crying with joy, the other two ladies just got in their cart and drove to the green, not a word spoken.

Because of the way it happened?!? I suppose this league committee would only acknowledge an ace if one of these 60+ women takes a sand wedge from 140, flys it over the flag by 10 feet, and backs the ball up into the cup. Sheesh, talk about missing the big picture.

Funny.

Hate to have to do this recount, but..... if he whiffed the first swing, he still made a birdie. A whiff is still just one stroke.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

What a bunch of stuck up old bags, you think at some point women would get over being jealous over each other but i guess they werent. Who cares how the ball went in, i bet those other 2 old sour grapes probably wouldnt even admit to seeing it.

Driver-Taylormade Burner TiΒ 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3Β wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golfΒ 20Β deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

My Wife's friend quit the group a couple of months later; don't blame her really, she plays in my regular four ball now and she hits off the mens tees with us, she hits a monster ball for a lady senior.
She made a HIO at Bobcat Trail GC here in Florida a couple of months later.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

If it's in my group I'd give high fives no matter how the ball ended up in the cup. When someone tells me about their HIO though, my eyes glass over - it's usually a fluke and doesn't cancel out the 6 other balls that ended up in the water that day. Basically, meh.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I was playing at Santee National about four years ago. I think the 5th hole is a long uphill par 3. My buddy (mis)hit his first ball WAAAAYY right. He teed up another and put it in the hole for par. The foursome ahead of us was part of our group and were celebrating at the thought of free drinks.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Those people are absolutely atrocious. I think I would actually celebrate this

more than a 'regular' hole-in-one because where regular HIO's are just a good shot that got a little lucky, this is absolutely "run-out-and-buy-every-lottery-ticket" levels of luck. Awesome.

God, i get excited about draining a 30 foot birdie putt, if i got a hole in one, i would be off the wall, probably go triple, triple, triple the next three holes. ;b

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

I always imagine I'd go crazy if I got a hole in one but the more I think about it I probably wouldn't.

I holed out for eagle earlier this year from 160m (175 yards) with a 4i in atrocious weather and I only grinned, no jumping up and down or any of that stuff.
A hole in one/ eagle on a par 4 is just luck, I'd be happy but no drama.

I wouldn't say "big deal" either though!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

If it's in my group I'd give high fives no matter how the ball ended up in the cup. When someone tells me about their HIO though, my eyes glass over - it's usually a fluke and doesn't cancel out the 6 other balls that ended up in the water that day. Basically, meh.

LOL...i got a HIO 2 years ago at about 7am. Never saw it go in, had witness with me. Only played 9 that day. Think i chucked up a robust 52.

It may be a fluke, but it's my fluke. I've still got the scroecard, ball & a nifty plaque from callaway(used a warbird to hole out with):)

Note:Β This thread is 4937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!