IGNORED

Golf Digest or Golf Magazine?

Uncle Peter
Note: This thread is 4911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Golf Digest or Golf Magazine

• Golf Digest
    • Golf Magazine

Just wondering which magazine, of the two, you guys thought was better.

Golf Digest or Golf Magazine?

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Just wondering which magazine, of the two, you guys thought was better.

Can't make a call either way. They both have their ups and downs, and to be honest, the quality of both goes in cycles. Sometimes I like Golf, sometimes I like GD better.

They are cheap enough (less than $20) that you should just subscribe to both. Not worth arguing about.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

Neither, golf blogs, youTube and the interwebs to me are better. I'll see an interesting interview or writeup in the newsstands once in awhile and then check the internet site for the article.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I stopped my subscription to GD years ago. Stopped my subscription to Golf last year. The tips in both can be equally bad. I'd say Golf is more in touch with the average golfer, while GD is written more to the retired country club member. Feherty is a plus for Golf Magazine, while Pelz is a minus.
Winner is Golf Magazine my half a point.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I like the layout and photography of Golf Digest much better. Golf looks like they're trying to turn it into some sort of graphic novel. The color saturation of the photos in Golf are over the top.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Neither!!

Golfworld

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

I subscribe to Golf Digest because their free subscriptions come with products I've happened to buy.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

i get both. i think that while the tips in both tend to be cringe-worthy, Golf seems to have slightly better (less-worse) tips. and i hate both feherety and pelz. theyre both d-bags.

Colin P.

I voted for GOLF just because that is the only one I get right now. I do agree they both have there ups and downs. Golf does seem to be more towards the average golfer as been stated already.

I didn't vote since I like both of them. Right now I am currently only subscribed to Golf Digest... at $12 it gives me something to read on the throne. LOL Also, I like looking at the Hot List each year.

In my Org.14 Xtreme Cart Bag
Driver: G15 10.5* TFC 149D Reg Flex
3 Wood: G15
Hybrid: Diablo Edge 3i
Irons: Diablo Edge 52* and 56* Wedges: CG14 Chrome60* Wedge: CG15 ChromePutter: White Ice SabertoothBall: Assorted

I used to read both years ago and started GD recently as a subscriber and occasionally pick up Golf. After a while you will notice the formula that is marketed to a certain segment and you will see the topics cycled. How to hit it 10 yards farther is a staple.

GD edges out G slightly.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I don't know which is better, but if I was subscribing to one it would be Golf Digest. You can get all of Golf from Golf.com and SI, but GolfDigest.com just isn't the same.

If I was going to get one subscription to any magazine at all though it would be Golf World.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

i have a subscription to GD, starting soon, and a 6-month free mini-subscription to GM also starting soon that I got from globalgolf.com. I have read GD before and before 2009 the magazine was 10/10, now it's about a 8.5/10. Anxious to see GM soon!

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

Neither!!

Can I change my vote? I voted for Golf Magazine because the GD font is too small.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Dropped my subscriptions years ago.
If you have been a subscriber long enough you will swear "didn't I read that same article/tip about 4 years ago"? I did keep a few pages that had swing tips that just seemed to fit me. Since then I use Google search to find swing thoughts or fixes for faults. Youtube videos can be a big help... but most are total crap so you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a good one.
Biggest disappointment every year are the equipment rating articles. Standing at the magazine rack I scan the pages quickly. After determining this year's 5 or 6 Gold Medal drivers I just smile and put the magazine back. Come on... how about just one year telling us last year's club are just as long and straight as this year's new batch!

Driver :T Edge CB-1 or Cally Mini Driver 14* or GBB 11*
Tour Edge CB2 15* 3 wood (Best Club Ever!)

Callaway XR 5Wood (New BCE!)

Hybrids: Nike SQ 23*  Tour Edge 28*

Irons: TMade RAC  7-PW   T Flight 56 SWedge
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, SStroke flatside to hole

The tips and the equipment articles are all just about useless. I've never seen any equipment that either magazine that didn't have a positive review. Occasionally you will come across a swing tip that makes sense for your game, but there are at least 50 useless tips for the one that you can use.

Note: This thread is 4911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!