IGNORED

Anyone else here hunt?

nhwoj
Note: This thread is 3029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Impossible to find the 300 AAC Blackouts at a reasonable price.  I ended up going with the 5.56 for now, so the build is complete.  I can get the 300 later and just swap uppers on my lower, or it will just be a good excuse to get another lower.  Looks very nice though.  I don't like the handgaurd and will swap that out eventually.  At least I have something to go chase some 'yotes with, and see if I can off some soda bottles from 400 yards.  My shoulder has never been this excited.

Also here is the Ruger 10/22 I converted(It is just a 22 rifle).  I took everything down from the receiver and put a .920 match barrel on it and the stock kit.  I thought it would be front heavy but balances nicely.  It is a lot of fun to shoot with the little red dot sight as well.  The little guy is my LC9.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks awesome man! Good work. Let us know how it works!

Will do, although if it does not work I might not be able to let you know... ;). I ended up with the mid length gas system so it should be very smooth.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Nice guns. I am looking to get a pistol similar to your lc9. Except I think I would get a .380. It would make for a nice concealed carry pistol to have when I ride my bike.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Nice guns. I am looking to get a pistol similar to your lc9. Except I think I would get a .380. It would make for a nice concealed carry pistol to have when I ride my bike.

The Ruger LCP is a good one. I had the Sig P238 which was amazing but sold it to get into the 9mm.

Nate

Impossible to find the 300 AAC Blackouts at a reasonable price.  I ended up going with the 5.56 for now, so the build is complete.  I can get the 300 later and just swap uppers on my lower, or it will just be a good excuse to get another lower.  Looks very nice though.  I don't like the handgaurd and will swap that out eventually.  At least I have something to go chase some 'yotes with, and see if I can off some soda bottles from 400 yards.  My shoulder has never been this excited. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/92448/] [/URL] Also here is the Ruger 10/22 I converted(It is just a 22 rifle).  I took everything down from the receiver and put a .920 match barrel on it and the stock kit.  I thought it would be front heavy but balances nicely.  It is a lot of fun to shoot with the little red dot sight as well.  The little guy is my LC9. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/92451/] [/URL]

Love the AR, but where are you gonna find a 'yote in Wisconsin?!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Love the AR, but where are you gonna find a 'yote in Wisconsin?!

They are everywhere now, along with bears. The guy I hunt with has already taken a number of coyotes this year. I went once last year and had a shot at one. There is no problem getting farmers to let you do it as well. You have to do it in the middle of the night though.

Nate

They are everywhere now, along with bears. The guy I hunt with has already taken a number of coyotes this year. I went once last year and had a shot at one. There is no problem getting farmers to let you do it as well. You have to do it in the middle of the night though.

I'll be damned. Like pigs down here, but they're out during the day. BTW, Spikes is about a hard 7-iron from me down here? :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I'll be damned. Like pigs down here, but they're out during the day. BTW, Spikes is about a hard 7-iron from me down here? :-)

Nice, yeah I really like their logo! In TX I think they actually take helicopters up with ARs to try and control the hog problem. Sounds pretty bad there in FL as well. I know a guy in Destin that hunts them.

Nate

• 5 months later...

Heading out to Wyoming for a six day archery hunt.  Anyone know what a big antelope is supposed to look like? ;-) I have not been antelope hunting before, but it should be interesting.  I wonder if the jerky any good? :-D

Nate

Where at in Wyoming? I have a good friend that lives in Sheridan. I don't know much about antelope though. Sounds fun though. Enjoy..

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Where at in Wyoming? I have a good friend that lives in Sheridan.

I don't know much about antelope though.

Sounds fun though. Enjoy..

Yeah it should be fun, I guess we are headed to casper Wyoming.   Oh crap, they have a few golf courses in town...maybe... ;-)

Nate

Keep us posted. Early goose season starts soon here. Hopefully I will have some pics to post in a few weeks.

-Matt-

I got my  fill of hunting in S.E. Asia. Them critters shot back. :whistle: That said I have done a little bird hunting in the past.  Not much on killing  anything any more.  No problems with those who like to hunt. What ever trips your trigger. :beer:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I got my  fill of hunting in S.E. Asia. Them critters shot back.  That said I have done a little bird hunting in the past.  Not much on killing  anything any more.  No problems with those who like to hunt. What ever trips your trigger.

Didn't hunt Chucks in SEA I was holding down the Fort 150 miles north of Bangkok at Korat RTAB. Did kill a couple Cobras and Black Scorpions. I was a big fan of duck hunting and White Tails, Archery and gun. Living in Jersey I lost most of my stompin' grounds to blocked roads and posted signs. Everyone who has an acre owned or claimed gets all attituded up. So screw it. I still have all my hardware though.

Keep us posted.

Early goose season starts soon here. Hopefully I will have some pics to post in a few weeks.

I'll post any pictures I may be able to take.   I have to say though, I am am just about as bad with a bow as I am with a driver. :8)

Nate

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Keep us posted.

Early goose season starts soon here. Hopefully I will have some pics to post in a few weeks.

I'll post any pictures I may be able to take.   I have to say though, I am am just about as bad with a bow as I am with a driver.

I hear ya.  I am not to hot with a bow either.  I still enjoy it more than rifle season up here though.  Less people in the woods, and we see more nice bucks.

-Matt-

Heading out to Wyoming for a six day archery hunt.  Anyone know what a big antelope is supposed to look like?    I have not been antelope hunting before, but it should be interesting.  I wonder if the jerky any good?

That sounds like a lot of fun. Can't say I have ever had antelope jerky before though, ha. Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Note: This thread is 3029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!