IGNORED

Anyone else here hunt?

nhwoj
Note: This thread is 3002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That sounds like a lot of fun. Can't say I have ever had antelope jerky before though, ha. Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

I have actually had it before.  Not bad...but a little chewy. ;-)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Headed back, my hunt lasted only one hour. Flung an arrow at 25 yards and I was tagged out. The hunt was filmed and will possibly air on one of the outdoor channels. Had time to make a few stops the first day coming back. Will be home later today.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Nice Pronghorn!

:beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Nice Pronghorn! :beer:

Yeah thanks, pretty decent. My dad took a good sized one that should make the book. Made a shot at 52 yards.

Nate

Very cool! Were you guys hunting with a guide company or something of the sort? Just curious about the filming aspect.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Very cool! Were you guys hunting with a guide company or something of the sort? Just curious about the filming aspect.

We were hunting with an outfit that operates on over 100k acres. They have a full time film person. They have their own show on Sportsman channel and some of their hunts also end up on Mathew's TV as well.

Nate

Nice hunt!!!   How does that rate among pronghorns?

Nice stop at Mt. Rushmore.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Nice hunt!!!   How does that rate among pronghorns? Nice stop at Mt. Rushmore.

It is nice as far as a first with a bow. Not as nice as my dad's possible record book one:

Nate

Looks like a lot of fun.  I really enjoy traveling through the west.

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Looks like a lot of fun.  I really enjoy traveling through the west.

Yeah it was a great experience and great to spend some quality time with my son as well.

Nate

A friend of ours is scouting to hunt bear on our land in central WI. Here are a couple trail cam images he has gotten.

Nate

Not bad.  I have a few friend who have a guide service for bear hunters.  We have a LOT of bears up here.  I don't get in on the baiting, but I do like to go out to the camp when the hunters are there.  I also get in on a few track jobs.  Last year, I helped find a  500+ lb bear for one of the hunters.

Not the greatest pic, and does not really do this bear justice.

-Matt-

Not bad.  I have a few friend who have a guide service for bear hunters.  We have a LOT of bears up here.  I don't get in on the baiting, but I do like to go out to the camp when the hunters are there.  I also get in on a few track jobs.  Last year, I helped find a  500+ lb bear for one of the hunters.

Not the greatest pic, and does not really do this bear justice.

Yeah, that looks like a monster to me.

Tracking bear always makes me think of this:

:-D

Nate

I grew up hunting everything there was a season for -- furred or feathered -- but a vastly reduced amount of free time limits me to upland birds these days. I choose them because dog work is such a major part of it and if not for the dogs, I'd probably shoot doves on opening day (as I did yesterday morning) and call it a season.

Here are my dogs in descending order of age:

Zeke, a yellow Lab past his prime age-wise, but still with a tremendous amount of heart, toughness and desire. I've loved a lot of dogs throughout the course of my lifetime, but none ever loved me back like he does. God, I'll miss him when he's gone!

Mazie, an English setter also getting up there in years (she turns 10 this month). She's always been way too much dog for her fat, half-crippled owner, but the thrills she's provided will last a lifetime.

Kota, a pointer I adopted from Korea (long story). My only goal initially was just to get her out of that dog-unfriendly country and provide her with a home, but she's become a hell of a "meat dog."

We'll all be loading up and making the long drive (1,400 miles one way)  to far northeastern Montana next month to pursue pheasants, sharptail grouse and Hungarian partridge. It'll be my seventh such trip and I'm really looking forward to it.

John

Nice dogs.. Sounds like a fun trip you got coming. I really like Montana.

-Matt-

Bow and rifle for deer . I turkey hunt also .

Welcome to the site. In what part of the country do you hunt ?  Nevermind, I am guessing Mississippi.

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Well go figure, I join a golf forum and my first post is a reply to "Do you hunt"? LOL  Anyway, I have lived in Ohio for the past 15+ years and stopped hunting shortly before I moved here from Alabama.  Mainly because the gun season is so short and I had never bow hunted before.  With that being said, I bought a Bowtech Assassin SD compound bow and have hunted the past two seasons.  Looking forward to getting out in a couple weeks and hoping to fill my first tag (deer) ever with a bow.

~Billy

:mizuno:  :tmade:  :callaway: :odyssey:   :footjoy:  :clicgear:

Don't sell yourself short judge - you're a tremendous slouch!!!

Note: This thread is 3002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!