IGNORED

Anyone else here hunt?

nhwoj
Note: This thread is 3024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well go figure, I join a golf forum and my first post is a reply to "Do you hunt"? LOL  Anyway, I have lived in Ohio for the past 15+ years and stopped hunting shortly before I moved here from Alabama.  Mainly because the gun season is so short and I had never bow hunted before.  With that being said, I bought a Bowtech Assassin SD compound bow and have hunted the past two seasons.  Looking forward to getting out in a couple weeks and hoping to fill my first tag (deer) ever with a bow.

Welcome to the site!

Stick around.....the golf stuff here is pretty good too. :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

My son learned this weekend that sometimes it is okay to just watch and enjoy.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• Administrator

I once started to play on the first hole at Lake View at about 6pm. It was going to be dark at 8:30 or so, so I was rushing a bit to play golf. I made the turn just after 7. I got to the 11th, was one over par or so, and there were seven or eight deer 200 yards up in the fairway.

I sat on the bench, and watched for 90 minutes or so, until it was so dark I couldn't really see them (or where I was walking to get back to the parking lot and my car 1000 yards away). I just watched the deer - six doe and two buck I believe - wander around, eating grass, etc. as the sun set and the sky turned some pretty brilliant colors.

It remains one of my favorite times ever on a golf course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I once started to play on the first hole at Lake View at about 6pm. It was going to be dark at 8:30 or so, so I was rushing a bit to play golf. I made the turn just after 7. I got to the 11th, was one over par or so, and there were seven or eight deer 200 yards up in the fairway. I sat on the bench, and watched for 90 minutes or so, until it was so dark I couldn't really see them (or where I was walking to get back to the parking lot and my car 1000 yards away). I just watched the deer - six doe and two buck I believe - wander around, eating grass, etc. as the sun set and the sky turned some pretty brilliant colors. It remains one of my favorite times ever on a golf course.

That sounds pretty amazing. It was fun watching my son literally try and hold back the giggles when those deer were coming into the clearing because he was so excited.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Cool video. I noticed the family resemblance in your montage of photos.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 4 weeks later...

I may or may not know something about this... ;-)

Nate

I may or may not know something about this...

Wow, cool. That actually makes me want a bow.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I may or may not know something about this...;-)

Interesting concept, kind of wondered why everyone was working on super light " 25% let offs" rather than accuracy. I'll have to check out their competition bows.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Wow, cool. That actually makes me want a bow.

Yeah I am not sure I like the longer look yet but, the tech is pretty cool.  That McPherson guy is pretty smart. :-P

Interesting concept, kind of wondered why everyone was working on super light " 25% let offs" rather than accuracy. I'll have to check out their competition bows.

I think one or two of the new "No Cam" bows are meant for competition.

Nate

@cipher , have you had a chance to shoot it?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

@cipher , have you had a chance to shoot it?

I have not, but will probably check it out soon.  I am good with my Creed for now.

Nate

[QUOTE name="14ledo81" url="/t/40909/anyone-else-here-hunt/144#post_1072591"] @cipher , have you had a chance to shoot it? [/QUOTE] I have not, but will probably check it out soon.  I am good with my Creed for now.

I was in the woods all day today. I did see a decent 8 pt that I would have liked. Couldn't get a shot though. Still a fun day. I was just happy to be out. BTW, my son borrowed his friends "Creed" DVD. Now he figures he has got to have one...

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I was in the woods all day today. I did see a decent 8 pt that I would have liked. Couldn't get a shot though. Still a fun day. I was just happy to be out.

BTW, my son borrowed his friends "Creed" DVD. Now he figures he has got to have one...

Haha yeah, it is a great hunting bow for sure.  Nice and compact.  Very smooth.

Nate

Was out this past weekend. Saw nothing that came close to the 19-pointer I shot last year... and probably never will again. However, I did take a 7-pointer on Sunday morning before heading home.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Well this snow and cold has wrecked my planned weekend bowhunt.  It takes about 45 min on the four-wheeler from my house to get to where I hunt, and 90% of that is on unplowed trails.  These trails are not the nicest to ride (mud holes) even without the snow.  Don't think we could even make it out this weekend. :mad:

-Matt-

Well this snow and cold has wrecked my planned weekend bowhunt.  It takes about 45 min on the four-wheeler from my house to get to where I hunt, and 90% of that is on unplowed trails.  These trails are not the nicest to ride (mud holes) even without the snow.  Don't think we could even make it out this weekend.

OTOH, it's a heck of a lot easier to pull out than rocky and muddy ground. :beer:

Or. . .snowshoes, and get a nice workout. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Well this snow and cold has wrecked my planned weekend bowhunt.  It takes about 45 min on the four-wheeler from my house to get to where I hunt, and 90% of that is on unplowed trails.  These trails are not the nicest to ride (mud holes) even without the snow.  Don't think we could even make it out this weekend.

OTOH, it's a heck of a lot easier to pull out than rocky and muddy ground.

Or. . .snowshoes, and get a nice workout.

The workout would not be so bad, but if it takes 45 min on 4-wheeler, I would probably have to leave at 3 AM to get to my stand in time.

I would also have to be carrying a full backpack with hunting supplies and enough clothes to withstand teen to twenty degree weather once I got there.  Not happening.

-Matt-

The workout would not be so bad, but if it takes 45 min on 4-wheeler, I would probably have to leave at 3 AM to get to my stand in time.

I would also have to be carrying a full backpack with hunting supplies and enough clothes to withstand teen to twenty degree weather once I got there.  Not happening.

Kind of tough dragging a 200 pound carcass back on cross country skis too, I suppose.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!