IGNORED

My Swing (tristanhilton85)

tristanhilton85
Note: This thread is 2270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ball flight is typically a small push draw, although when I really go after it I tend to over draw it. Every once in a while I start to hit straight cuts, but that's usually before I'm completely warmed up.

Contact is getting better both in terms of quality and constancy. I rarely hit balls fat, but do hit my share of thin shots.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice work with the backswing pieces, looks a lot better. Erik and I talked and we agree with the changes you can make on the downswing.

So the head goes too far forward from A4-6, especially with the driver. Because the head is too far forward, spine is too vertical, you have to uncock your wrists at a fast rate and pull the elbows apart to try and shallow things out. This is where a lot of those thin shots come from.

So the feeling is that you "press" into your left foot as the head stays steady. For you it might even feel like the head moves back to keep it centered. This will allow you create more axis tilt (green line). More axis tilt will help you launch it higher and slow the rate that the wrists uncock, preserve more "lag".

The second part of this feel is the arms working more "in front of you" rather than around you on the followthrough. Might also feel like the arms are "flying" off your chest. You'll find this much easier to do by keeping the head steady.

Note how much higher the hands are on the right and the pitch of the shoulder. You hands are lower with level shoulders.

I would practice this whole sequence in slow motion, transferring with the head steady, then having the arms exit higher and less around you. This is going to be a very important piece to start hitting it higher, more in the center of the face.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Good drills/feels to check out

http://thesandtrap.com/t/55217/my-swing-bengolf19/36#post_994688

Mike McLoughlin

Good drills/feels to check out

http://thesandtrap.com/t/55217/my-swing-bengolf19/36#post_994688

Thanks Mike.

Just posting these here from that thread so I can find 'em a bit easier at the range...

How you should practice it without the stick

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

So I did the above drill today after my round, and I think that I'm seeing some good results. I had some issues at first with kind of letting all my weight fall back (my head wasn't going forward, but neither was my lower half). I ended up using my crush it, and I think that helped a lot. The above swing was at pretty much full speed after a lot of 30 - 50 % swings.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Just like to point out that your video is PRIVATE....

Whoops... should be good now.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Whoops... should be good now.

Nope.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Nope.

Ok... for real this time. It's good to go.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Ok... for real this time. It's good to go.

Congratz, you succeeded...lol  BTW, nice work ..

• Administrator

It looks nice. You can let your head go after about A7.5. But good stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It looks nice. You can let your head go after about A7.5. But good stuff.

Cool... thanks...

Not sure how it looks without having the stick there. Still going to do a lot of work with it over the next few weeks at least to make sure that the changes become more permanent.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Nice work. Will really help withe the right feel as you practice without the stick. Agree with Erik, head doesn't have to stay perfectly in the same position, but I think you know that. And you increased your "lag" without thinking about it, see told you guys "lag happens" ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Played a very good round today, and also did a video log. I planned to record all 18 holes originally but forgot to charge the camera last night so I decided I'd record as long as I could. I made it through 8 holes... maybe the camera knew what was in store, because I blew up on the 9th and took a triple bogey 7. Ouch. I ended up shooting 42 on the front. I played extremely well on the back with birdies at 10 and 18, and only three bogeys for a 1 over 37, giving me a total of a 79!!!! It's the second time I've broken 80, but the first was on a par 70 course so this one means a bit more.

The video will be up in an hour or so once iMovie finishes doing its thing.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I think one reason I played so well today was because I was doing this... it really made me think about each shot I was going to hit. Obviously the execution on some could have been better, but I think I made smarter moves today.

(BTW, if it says that the video is unavailable, that's because it's still processing. It'll be good to go in a few minutes though, I just wanted to post this before I went to eat.)

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I think one reason I played so well today was because I was doing this... it really made me think about each shot I was going to hit. Obviously the execution on some could have been better, but I think I made smarter moves today. (BTW, if it says that the video is unavailable, that's because it's still processing. It'll be good to go in a few minutes though, I just wanted to post this before I went to eat.)

I thought you birdied 1? Also, I noticed you did a midpoint read on 4, but never looked at a chart. Do you actually have some of the numbers memorized? Fun video!

I thought you birdied 1?

Also, I noticed you did a midpoint read on 4, but never looked at a chart. Do you actually have some of the numbers memorized?

Fun video!

You are correct... I did birdie one, I just put the wrong number. Also, I knew the number for my read there (5 feet, 90°, 2%, 10 stimp is 3 inches).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 2270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!