IGNORED

My Swing (tristanhilton85)

tristanhilton85
Note: This thread is 2270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alright... well over a year since I've posted any video (although I've taken some) so I guess I'll post what I recorded today. Things are looking ok to me but I still see some of the same problems I've always had. As always, any comments/tips/questions/whatever are welcome.

(Also note the awesome new TRUE sensei shoes!!!)

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks so much better, man. Great job.

A few questions: In looking at your sweet new shoes, I noticed you don't flare out your feet that much. Comments on that?

2) Your right leg remains very straight at A5, with no squat factor to supply power for the jumping piece. This is possibly why your lower body doesn't look as active as it could be. Is this something you've discussed with evolvr?

Take note at the difference in knee flex in the right leg here at A5

3) What is the evolvr team currently having you work on (if you are still working with evolvr)?

Constantine

Agree with what Jetfan was saying about the knee flex, here's my take and a good thread to reference.  Let me know if you have any questions

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 months later...

Couple new DL videos; 6 iron and driver. Really been working on posture, making sure that I see the ball out of my central vision as well as having the feet turned out a bit more.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

What is your miss right now?  Are you hitting the ball thin?  Your head appears to be pulling off the wall on the downswing.

I'd say join the party and start doing Key #1 - Steady Head or 'Head against the wall' drills for the backswing and downswing.  Look at the palm tree that is intersecting your head on the driver swing.  By A6 - you have clearly pulled away from that palm tree.  Looks like early extension issues like me.

Your backswing is pretty good.  The downswing needs some work.

Beach, what kind of drills can I do?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Beach, what kind of drills can I do?

He mentioned the head/wall drill. Set up with your head against a wall, facing the wall. Make practice swings feeling your forehead on the wall at the same pressure throughout. If you do what you've been doing in your real settings, your head will pull off the wall, which is a no-no.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

What is your miss right now?  Are you hitting the ball thin?  Your head appears to be pulling off the wall on the downswing.

I'd say join the party and start doing Key #1 - Steady Head or 'Head against the wall' drills for the backswing and downswing.  Look at the palm tree that is intersecting your head on the driver swing.  By A6 - you have clearly pulled away from that palm tree.  Looks like early extension issues like me.

Your backswing is pretty good.  The downswing needs some work.

As far as the Key #1 stuff, I am having the same issues.  I'm extra special though, because I have 3-dimensional Key #1 issues.  My head moves TOWARDS the target on the backswing, and away from the target AND off the wall on the downswing.  I am pretty sure I'm close to cleaning up the swaying part (basically by feeling like I'm actually moving my head back a little during the backswing, I am able to keep it from tipping forward.)

As far as the off-the-wall stuff, I am doing a drill right off the first 5SK DVD for Key 1 issues.  Just take swings in your house without a club with your head up against a wall and try to keep it there.  Another one that, I think Jetfan, was doing recently is sticking an alignment stick in the ground just beyond the ball and pointed at your eyes.  You are then able to tell if the stick moves around in your vision, or gets closer or further away from you as you swing.

That's all I got.

P.S.  Can I have your backswing?

For me, I would like to see a rear view. I suspect that you are overbending your right arm in the backswing and getting across the line at A4. From there you start down steep, and then you are forced to early extend in order to not cut across the ball. On the positive side A1 to A2 is really really good.

Michael

Originally Posted by colin007

He mentioned the head/wall drill. Set up with your head against a wall, facing the wall. Make practice swings feeling your forehead on the wall at the same pressure throughout. If you do what you've been doing in your real settings, your head will pull off the wall, which is a no-no.

This.

You don't even need a golf club to do this drill...  But it will help with a centered pivot - and not swaying left or right to and fro...   Andrew Rice demonstrates this drill to get the shoulders turning more vertical... But you can do both the backswing and downswing doing the drill.

The key item to focus on during the drill is to keep your head on the same spot as you swing your arms back up and in and down out and forward.

New videos... working on key #1.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Hi Tristan, the videos aren't working.

Fixed.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Keep working on a steady head.  It looks like on the back swing - you are leaning into the ball - slightly.  And then on the downswing you are standing up and your head comes off the wall. Don't get frustrated though... It is a tough problem to solve (at least for me it is)...

I can see you made what looks like decent contact in both videos - and the ball flew quite well.  But with that much head movement, are you having trouble finding your low point consistently?  I ask as it is very similar to issues that I face with my own game.  I've found my ball striking can be very consistent one day (when my timing is down) - and sporadic the next (when my timing is off)... And as my clubs get longer, when on the turf - I struggle.  And if I get quick... I will hit low thin shots.  And if I try and lay off of it - and completely focus on tempo I'll tend to start hitting it fat - or get heel side.

Looking at your iron video... It looks like from A3 to A4 - it could be from A2 to A3... Your left arm is going too deep and across your chest.  And at the top - you come slightly across the line.  In order to get the club back on plane, you have to stand up.  Maybe a feel for you should be to try and take the club further out on the backswing and less in??

Beach is def on the right track with his suggestions.  I think a lot of the issues with the head moving and the arms being too deep is due to the way the neck is tilted.  Posted this pic previously.  I was actually talking with another instructor about this very issue today, the possible connection with the neck tilt, arm depth, arms coming too far out on the downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

I wouldn't mind seeing a LOT more of this drill:

Why?

Key #1 is an issue but it's because the arms never come down.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!