IGNORED

My Swing (tristanhilton85)

tristanhilton85
Note: This thread is 2297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Everything did go well. I played solid golf on the front but my putter was off and ended up shooting a 44 (1 par, 8 bogies). The back side however was great with 7 pars and 2 bogies giving me a 38 and an total score of 82. With that round, my index is now trending at 11.7! I was very happy that I managed to keep doubles or worse off the card. I feel like I played really smart golf today and did what I needed to ensure that big numbers stayed off the card. I probably won't be able to play again until next week, although there is a chance I can get out on Saturday morning. We'll see. Here's the card from today. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/83439/] [/URL]

Great job Tristan! I love, love, love going 18 holes without any "others" (cuz it never happens!). You'll be set for oak quarry.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted a swing here in a while, so here we go…

Looking pretty much the same to me.

6 iron.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Whatcha working on now?

Hinging the club up a little faster (wrists)? :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Whatcha working on now?

Hinging the club up a little faster (wrists)? :)

@iacas Is that something I should be working on? As of right now I'm still focusing on stretching out the right side… the same stuff we worked on in April...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

@iacas Is that something I should be working on? As of right now I'm still focusing on stretching out the right side… the same stuff we worked on in April...

Wouldn't hurt to now add in a little more of the left wrist hinging "up" sooner.  Think the club and arms are working a little too far inward on the backswing, this feel will help.  Think you will see a little more "pop" on the ball.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Started doing the drill that @mvmac gave above… I think it's looking a little better, still got a lot more work to do though.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Yep definitely better.  Keep feeling the same thing with the wrists and make sure the head is tilted a little to the right at address.  Right ear a little closer to the right shoulder.  Your head starts tilting the other way and it causes the right shoulder blade to elevate and then you have a little "throw" at the top because the right elbow gets narrow and behind you.  The stretch for you has to come from the hips, not the shoulder.

The head will rotate but notice how you can see Dave's left ear.  I think with your swing the left ear would be "hiding" more.  I don't think you need to add any new feels for this on the backswing, just adjust the head at address and see how that changes things.

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 months later...

Got a chance to play again today (third day in a row) and finally put everything together. At our SoCal outing on Sunday I hit the ball pretty well but carded a 92. I had 39 putts and my bad holes were really bad. Yesterday at CrossCreek I didn't hit the ball nearly as well and the putting was just as poor leading to an even 100 (posted 97 after ESC).

Erik and Mike worked with me a little on my putting and after getting home last night I worked on that some more and did the same this morning before my round. While warming up this morning on the range I just focused on stretching my right side to get more turn but not letting my right elbow get too far behind me. I hit the ball well and shot for the center of every green. I ended up with 3 birds on the day and shot 80. Here is the card:

Feels good to have put it together, we'll see if I can keep this going. I just joined a club so I'll be able to play at least two or three times a week so that should help.

• Upvote 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Erik and Mike worked with me a little on my putting and after getting home last night I worked on that some more and did the same this morning before my round. While warming up this morning on the range I just focused on stretching my right side to get more turn but not letting my right elbow get too far behind me. I hit the ball well and shot for the center of every green. I ended up with 3 birds on the day and shot 80. Here is the card:

Awesome stuff Tristan. Like Erik said yesterday, some of the best practice someone can do is 5-10 minutes at home everyday.

For anyone viewing this thread, want to highlight that Tristan knows his priority pieces and sticks with working on them. He doesn't "try" different things every time he practices.

Mike McLoughlin

Awesome stuff Tristan. Like Erik said yesterday, some of the best practice someone can do is 5-10 minutes at home everyday.

For anyone viewing this thread, want to highlight that Tristan knows his priority pieces and sticks with working on them. He doesn't "try" different things every time he practices.

Just to expand on that, we had started to work on getting my right side to stretch more at the 5SK school way back in April and I started to play good golf around that time, I kind of got away from it (thinking I already had it down) and started to play worse and didn't really know why. It's important to keep working on your priority piece each time and not lose focus.

Also, before the last few days, I hadn't had a chance to hit balls or play in the last few weeks, however, I did do work in my living room for 10 minutes or so each day working on what I needed to do.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Got a chance to play again today (third day in a row) and finally put everything together. At our SoCal outing on Sunday I hit the ball pretty well but carded a 92. I had 39 putts and my bad holes were really bad. Yesterday at CrossCreek I didn't hit the ball nearly as well and the putting was just as poor leading to an even 100 (posted 97 after ESC).

Feels good to have put it together, we'll see if I can keep this going. I just joined a club so I'll be able to play at least two or three times a week so that should help.

Damn you! One day earlier and we'd both be rich right now!! $$$$$$. ;)

Kidding of course. In all seriousness ... That's fantastic!! Keep it up!

Kidding of course. In all seriousness ... That's fantastic!! Keep it up!

Yeah... sorry about that.

The goal is to be scratch by the end of the month so we'll see how that goes. ;-)

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Yeah... sorry about that.

The goal is to be scratch by the end of the month so we'll see how that goes.

Just remember to watch that tempo and you should be fine! :whistle:

-------------------------------------

I only caught the very end of your putting lesson, but thought I heard that your issues were pushes and pulls, as opposed to distance or green reading issues?  Sounds like you got that straightened out (no pun intended)?

Just remember to watch that tempo and you should be fine!

-------------------------------------

I only caught the very end of your putting lesson, but thought I heard that your issues were pushes and pulls, as opposed to distance or green reading issues?  Sounds like you got that straightened out (no pun intended)?

For the most part... The pulls/pushes happen to me for a couple reasons... I stand too close to the ball and then look across the line and then my actual stroke were out of whack... I need to feel that the face kind of closes when I take it back and make sure that I'm far enough away from the ball at set up.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Nice swing of Tristan's from the outing on Sunday. Lots more shots on the "meat" of the club, less thin shots.

Camera is a little in front of him, making the clubhead look like it goes "in" more than it actually does.

Also, before the last few days, I hadn't had a chance to hit balls or play in the last few weeks, however, I did do work in my living room for 10 minutes or so each day working on what I needed to do.

Yeah it's better to practice 10 mins a day at home than once a week for 2-3 hours. Not directed at you, just for everyone else reading it.

Bwahahaha :beer:

Mike McLoughlin

• 3 months later...

Couple of swings, one 6 iron, one driver. Looks the same to me. Playing a lot better as of late though. Shot 85 today, handicap is headed in the right direction...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Your pieces are looking better. Got an FO view? Would love to see both irons and driver in FO.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Your pieces are looking better. Got an FO view? Would love to see both irons and driver in FO.

Didn't have time before tee off today and I forgot about it on the course. I'll take more video next trip to the range.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 2297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!