IGNORED

Another golf addict from a little red dot in the world map

Uncle Lau
Note: This thread is 4738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Shalom to everyone in this wonderful golf forum, of all the golf forum i have visited, stayed, and posted...this is the best in golf foruming ! Any information on golf, it right here !!!

My name is Lau, my golf buddies called me Uncle Lau cost i moved too slowly from buggy to green... I am a Singaporean staying in Singapore for 45 years already, visited USA west coast a few years back. Love the Yosemite National Park !

Myself and my golf buddies played golf almost every day in a week, whether in Singapore or in our neighbour country ..Malaysia. (green fees is half of Singapore ! )

After 8 years still played handicap of 20.....

Would like to share everyone,our part of the world golfing culture and story...

Here is my group of friends and golf buddies during our September monthly medals in Johore Bahru.

Uncle Lau

Uncle Lau,
Im new around here also, but thats a pretty big group of friends there.
I like this place too, its great to share ideas with. Welcome and see u around.

Hi! :D Replied to your message by the way.

Great to see more Asians on here. :)

2011 Bag: Yonex EZONE, PRGR Egg/Spoons, Yururi Irons, LIMITED HEARTS Wedges by Master Sasaya and Scotty Cameron putter. see below.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the Sand Trap... I'm pretty new here too, and it's awesome to see what golf is like around the world. It's amazing to me to see so many people playing in places I wouldn't have thought of, like Singapore and Malaysia!

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

Hi nhwoj ! Yes in Asia itself is a booming golf place ! University to Junior school are taught golf as a sport. Next week Barcaly Singapore Open with US6 Million will be play with many World top players coming over here. Myself and my buddies will be doing field marshall or holding the SILENT Board....

Golf over her rocketed over the last 10 years, where 10 years ago was only for the Elite and very rich....now the Elite and super rich are into Yatching and owning Lambos and Ferrari !

We really have to thanks our government for promoting this sports ! In Singapore when we are 18years old, every male must do it National Services like serving 3 years in the Army, navy or Police force. After 3 years another 13 years reservist by return to camp once a year for National Service. But our government provide a place known as National Service Resort and Country Clubs for our golfing and other needs !

Check this out http://www.esrcc.com.sg/home.html

If you drop by Singapore, do PM me, i bring you around !!

• 3 weeks later...

Hahah.. UL... you should elaborate more about this event.

This tournament was organised by our forum (reddotgolfers.org) in Singapore. This tournament is a competition between 3 groups that we grouped according to which part of singapore we reside in. Singapore being "alittle red dot", we divided our island to West, Central and East, hence it is also know as A WCE competition
Shalom to everyone in this wonderful golf forum, of all the golf forum i have visited, stayed, and posted...this is the best in golf foruming ! Any information on golf, it right here !!!

Uncle Lau fainted !

We played golf and and drool at Panerai in Singapore almost every other day ...you still chased me across Mother Earth......hahaha welcome my esteem friend ! Welcome to sand trap forum, to me, here is like a cave of treasure....king Solomon's Golfing mines !

It okay bro Jazz....just wonder if got chance to play with all the wonderful golfers here...chances they will sleep during the game with us as we alway topped and duffed the ball every shots....

Welcome to another S'Pore golfer!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Hello Uncle Lau. I'm your neighbor - from another small red dot on the map - Hong Kong.

Driver SuperFast Burner 2.0  10.5 

Wood SuperFast Burner 2.0  15

nike.gif Hybrids SQ Sumo Hybrid #3, #4
ping.gifIrons G15 Iron #5 - Pw 
cleveland.gif Wedge CG15 50, 52, 56
odyssey.gifPutter White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, i am just nobody in the world, just another simple and happy go lucky golfer ! Hey Gary if you pass by Singapore, do PM me i bring you to play in my home club NSRCC http://www.nsrcc.com.sg/golf or to Johore Bahru for game and wild game dinner hehehe !

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, i am just nobody in the world, just another simple and happy go lucky golfer ! Hey Gary if you pass by Singapore, do PM me i bring you to play in my home club NSRCC

Thanks Uncle Lau. I am going back to HK for Chinese New Year and I plan to fly with my clubs, so for sure I will let you know if I go to Singapore. I love the chicken rice there! And I miss shopping along Orchard rd.

Driver SuperFast Burner 2.0  10.5 

Wood SuperFast Burner 2.0  15

nike.gif Hybrids SQ Sumo Hybrid #3, #4
ping.gifIrons G15 Iron #5 - Pw 
cleveland.gif Wedge CG15 50, 52, 56
odyssey.gifPutter White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter

Note: This thread is 4738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!