IGNORED

Your favorite golf music?

Underthewind
Note: This thread is 3515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Fourputt

The music of Mother Nature is all I can ever imagine needing or wanting. Birds singing, squirrels chattering, the wind in the trees. Why would anyone want to be out on a beautiful day and sully it with anything man made?

Some people just cant bring themselves to unplug from their electronic devices.  Im with you, no music on the course or the range.  Golf is my escape and that means, other than the GPS app on my smartphone, no electronic devices, no music.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Some people just cant bring themselves to unplug from their electronic devices.  Im with you, no music on the course or the range.  Golf is my escape and that means, other than the GPS app on my smartphone, no electronic devices, no music.

so no electronic stuff other than the stuff you use.  got it.

your post is a little hypocritical, dont you think?

Originally Posted by MajorSlice

so no electronic stuff other than the stuff you use.  got it.

your post is a little hypocritical, dont you think?

Not at all.  I use the GPS app on my phone because its a useful tool.  Its not the same as playing music or checking emails.  Nice try though.

At some point I intend to buy a laser rangefinder and at the point the phone will be turned off or left in the glovebox of my car.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Music?  While playing/practicing golf?  Never.  My mantra to the world:  Uplug, people!  Shut off the phones, put down the ipods and experience peace.  The sound of forged metal compressing golf balls is all I need to hear on the course or range.

On my way to the course I'll play Lil Wayne, Kanye West, 2pac, Miri Ben Ari or older hip-hop.

If I am by myself and on the course I usually play, I generally listen to Yo Yo Ma on the cello with headphones.

If it's a new course that I rarely play or have never played, I don't listen to anything because I want to take in my surroundings and enjoy every new thing that I can.

I never listen to anything when there are others in my group.

Originally Posted by Doctorfro

Uplug, people!  Shut off the phones, put down the ipods and experience peace.

total agreement you with....my Son plays Baseball and my Daughter plays Softball, it amazes me that at every game the parents that watch their phones while their child is at bat and during the entire game....then act like a duh..what happened?...

People laugh at me cause I don't even own a Smartphone....still have what I call "A Dumbphone" don't need the internet or email on my phone.....

It is so bad that we were the only parents at 1 of my Daughters games cause it got called because of the heat and the coach sent an email out just 1hr before the game. Me or my Wife don't have email on our phones, and the coach was like "What really you don't have email on your phone, maybe I should have called then"...the weather was beautiful so why would we have thought the game would have been called....

So much as passed us by imho with all the high tech gadgets on the market....the #1 thing I feel is actually interacting with other people face 2 face...or phone 2 phone (by calling them, not texting them, or FB them)

Reggae or jazz usually do the trick. Nothing better than tunes on the course.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

• 2 years later...
I tend to listen to music while playing. Like some relaxing stuff like Nas, Pac, Common, NWA, Wu Tang, Andre Nickatina, OutKast, Big L, Big Pun, Mobb Deep, Pub Enemy. If you get my drift. In fact, I'll send anyone an autographed picture of Robert Streb if they listen to half of this. ;-)

Riley

This song ma dredge up some memories. Gets me thinking of birdies.... :-D [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNSTerj2Kc[/VIDEO]

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I don't personally listen to music when i golf but thats cause I generally only golf with friends and like chatting with them. however music, noise or even people talking while I swing doesn't bother me. I just don't like silence and then a shreeking sound right in the middle of my swing. but if its constant noise thats cool with me. Now for people that say they do like music while they play a round of golf would you be upset if people were talking while you swung a club?

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

Love dirty country while playing.  Certain songs get me fired up to make a shot.  Played with my son today, and work phone has no songs :cry:

Technology is getting so outrageous, my best friend basically has surround sound.

2 posts in one day, prob a record!

The music of Mother Nature is all I can ever imagine needing or wanting. Birds singing, squirrels chattering, the wind in the trees.

This is half the reason I play golf.  On the course I play most often, the back nine was designed all split apart over a great deal of woods and countryside.  Not a single house to be found except by the 10th tee.  When our group is out there, you basically feel all alone, and it's great.

"Witty golf quote."

I love music and listen to it all the time, but never while playing golf or standing on the range. It just doesn't work together.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If there's no one on the range and it's early in the morning I'll start off with some music to make the place less desolate. If there is someone talking loudly on the range, and I can't move, hopefully I'll have my ear phones and I'll put an instrumental on repeat. Sometimes you find a piece of music that you're hooked on. I'll keep listening on the range of that happens. Smartphone such a game changer, obvious, but take it for granted now.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tend to listen to music while playing. Like some relaxing stuff like Nas, Pac, Common, NWA, Wu Tang, Andre Nickatina, OutKast, Big L, Big Pun, Mobb Deep, Pub Enemy. If you get my drift. In fact, I'll send anyone an autographed picture of Robert Streb if they listen to half of this. ;-)

I've never even heard of any of these groups /people, let alone their music. :-D I never listen to music on the course. Concentration is needed.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

lol funny, have a great time on the links!!

You too!

So many times I see folks pissed off as they are loading their clubs in the car.

Listen, unless you are getting paid to play golf, have fun.  My son (3) all he wants to do is play ball.  We have a blast.

• 3 weeks later...

**IF** I were to play music on the course, I'd probably opt for something soothing like Patsy Cline or Alison Krauss, which I suspect would irritate all the under 40 crowd just about as much as their music does me.  So keep it turned down, or let's agree to just listen to nature.  If you want to wear ear buds, that's fine too, I don't mind ignoring you either.

Note: This thread is 3515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!