IGNORED

Your favorite golf music?

Note: This thread is 2414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whether it be a cold and windy day out on the links, or a steamy furnace on the driving range, sometimes nothing is better than some music to keep you company?

What are some of your favorite songs or bands to pump you up for your next tee shot, or calm you down for that clutch 6-footer?

I find it a huge help if I have some Kasabian or Muse resonating through my ears, but sometimes I need the classical sounds of Prokofiev or Rachminov to calm me down.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The music of Mother Nature is all I can ever imagine needing or wanting. Birds singing, squirrels chattering, the wind in the trees. Why would anyone want to be out on a beautiful day and sully it w

For me....this is a must listen for me before any golf tournaments or high stake games(loser buy dinner and beer).....

Go to 1.06min.

The music of Mother Nature is all I can ever imagine needing or wanting. Birds singing, squirrels chattering, the wind in the trees. Why would anyone want to be out on a beautiful day and sully it with anything man made?

• Upvote 2
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The music of Mother Nature is all I can ever imagine needing or wanting. Birds singing, squirrels chattering, the wind in the trees.

If ever there were two things that didn't go together, it's golf and music. What sort of %$#@#$% plays music whilst golfing?

I played a round a month or so ago, and we let this kid who was probably 14-16 years old play through. He was playing solo and just rocking out to some rowdy metal music on his headphones and he was playing lights out for the two + holes I saw him play...I was impressed to say the least. He was walking like he probably pounded a 2 liter of mountain dew right before he jumped on the course...

x100

I have never listened, or even wanted to listen, to music while I golf. Played with a guy a couple of times that always had headphones and was putting in, taking out, adjusting, just the most annoying thing ever. I used to take a small FM radio with me to keep up with the Cardinals score as I played. When there was downtime I might flip it on to check the score. Now with cellphones, I can check at any time.

I never listen to music when I'm playing but I usually have the soundtrack to "The Legend of Bagger Vance" running around in my head. I love the work of Rachel Portman who composed and performed the music for this film, and this is some of her best work.

I never ever ever ever ever listen to music during a round. I also think that "bring a radio with you on your golf cart to listen to your favorite music" guy that you run into on a public course; I think that guy should be sent to Gitmo for water-boarding.

HOWEVER....

I listen to music on the range a lot...especially in the spring when all the d*ckbags are there to warm up for their South Carolina trip and say the word "f@ggot" a lot between 130 yard 7-irons. Plus, I like music on the range because I can block out what's happening around me a little easier, allowing me to focus on what I'm working on.

I like to listen to rhythmic music when on the range, so I usually listen to something in the reggae/hiphop/soul universe. I have a mix called "driving range classics" (lol@the title) of about 550 songs that I just put on shuffle. Most of it has a good groove to it. I'm a big indie rock dude, but I'm not going to listen to Guided by Voices or Pavement on the range. Instead, it's Wu-Tang, Tribe Called Quest, Toots & the Maytals, Parliament Funkadelic, Prince, MF Doom....somethin' like that.

I recently made a trip to Scotland with my wife. I played Carnoustie and The Old Course, and since I was alone I wore the ipod for the first time. It was fantastic, it put me in a more magical place believe it or not. The key is having headphones on that allow you to hear everything outside of them while listening to your tunes.

A buddy of mine and I belong to Country Clubs a couple miles from each other so we exchange rounds once a month. When we do we bring a battery powered ipod speaker setup and play each other our favorite tunes through the round. We started it in his member guest and found it really kept us loose... so loose that we won the derby at the tournament ($1500!). Some people can't do it, they just don't have the frame of mind. But if you do, it is great to have some tunes on, it teaches you to remain within yourself... relax and not let outside stuff distract from your game.

Driving to or returning from golf... John Sebastian Bach, especially BWV 1006a. Air on a G String is not bad either.

Send me to gitmo because I love some classic 70's rock while I play. It's not at a loud volume and remains in the cart the whole time. My playing partners comment how much they enjoy the music too. Nothing like hearing momma told me when I was young... Baby be a simple kind of man... Keeps things light hearted

i just love the sound of fore

May be it's time for you to change your Avatar or your signature? :-p

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!