Sign in to follow this  
timbone03

Shot of the season

Note: This thread is 3653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

31 posts / 11666 viewsLast Reply

On the east coast, with colder weather approaching we all know that generally means snow is coming and the golfing season will soon come to an end. Just curious, so far this year, what has been your best shot?

Mine was a tie between a drive on a short par four, from 315 yards, I got a hold of the ball and landed pin high about five feet to the left for an easy eagle putt.

The second was another short par four with a huge drive ended up 20 yards left of the green, stepped up and chipped in the shot for eagle.

Mine, although i cant remember if it was earlier this year or even last year was driving a short par 4, and 2 putting for birdie. And at the same golf course reaching a short par 5 in 2 with driver/7 iron and 2 putting for birdie. Stuck an approach shot from just inside 100 yards to just over a foot a couple months ago for a tap in birdie.

I hit the pin with my second shot on a long par 4 from about 165 yards. Ended up about 6 inches from the hole. That's the closest I've come to holing out from off the green that wasn't a chip in.

toss up between 2:

Hit the pin from 155, uphill with the green about 20 25 yards above the level I was. 7 iron.

On what would eventually be the best round of my life, 6 over, winning a 91 man competition:
HOLE 13

I carry just 9 clubs in the bag 95% of the time, even in competition. I was 122 yards away from a par 4, in deep rough. Green is guarded by a brook about 6ft wide, with the pin just 5 yards on. I was in between yardages - obv my fault as i didn't have a full set. Between my 51* and my 9 iron. I would have to have NUKED a 51, but instead took a 3/4 9 iron, gripped down. Felt great off the face bearing in mind i was deep in rough. Had a SWEEEEEET mid ball flight and pitched it dead on line, pitched 5th short and ran past 15ft :( I was sooo happy with the result just because i really gave the shot some thought and time and it did what i wanted it to do. Holed the putt for birdie. I had birdied the 11th and birdied the 14th too haha. Bummer was that I had a 3 1/2 footer for birdie on the 12th too and missed it. Would have been 4 in a row!

Only one real contender here for me. Tee shot on a 172 yard par 3, perfectly struck 6-iron, beautiful ball flight, landed 4 feet from the hole bounced once and stopped 2 feet from the hole. Then made the tap-in putt for a rare birdie.

I hit the pin with my second shot on a long par 4 from about 165 yards. Ended up about 6 inches from the hole. That's the closest I've come to holing out from off the green that wasn't a chip in.

This. I was about 150 out though.

Best shot of the year for me was 4 weeks ago, 115yd approach to a middle/right pin elevated green. I had just hit a great drive and then I stuck the gap-wedge approach to 1-inch left of the hole, almost an eagle.

Not a big shot at all, a little flop. The lie was super tight, there was no way to stop the ball from running long. So a flop shot hoping for max spin was the choice, but it would need to be hit hard and high even for a shot of only perhaps 10 yards. It seemed to go straight up then came straight down the pin into the hole without touching anything but cup and the bottom of the stick. Really nice.

Mine was just last week. After a good drive on a 360 yd par 4, I was left 123 yds to a back pin. Hit a beautiful PW, one hop and it for my first eagle.

Before that it would have been another PW into a 122 yd par 3 that was 2" from a hole in one.

PW to about a foot on a par3. I was playing with a marshall from the course, and one of the guys who washes the carts, and it was cool to show them how to play their own course...haha.

I had a few that are memorable, but the one that sticks out is 7 iron form 166 on a par three. I planned to start the ball over a sand trap and draw it to the hole, and it did just that, landed 18" right in front of the hole and released to 4" left the hole. - Just needed maybe 5 revolutions less draw spin and I would have had an ace.

i holed a bunker shot from greenside bunker for birdie, the shot was played with about 18' of break to get it from landing on top tier to flag on bottom tier, it was worth 8 skins (x 3 players at 2 bucks a piece!!)

Also hit an eagle flop over greenside bunker to short sided pin and down hill run out...that one almost dented the pin it hit so hard!!

I had hit a career 6-iron over the green and to the right into heavy rough, about 75 feet from the pin on a straight line. The tiered green I had to chip into sloped from back to front, which from where I was meant that it sloped hard right to left. The pin was on the lower level, as close to the drop-off between the two levels as it was fair to be put.

I chipped the ball so it hit the green with just enough gas to get to the top edge of the tier at just the right spot. With only a few rolls left, it caught the slope, turned left, and trickled right down into the hole.

Lucky, I guess, but four holes earlier I had chipped in from across the green (100 feet) with a 9-iron.

Made a number of putts that I usually miss, too. It was one of those days

I don't have any that really stand out as the shot. I hit a GW from 101 that scared the hole as it spun sideways to 3 feet, made the putt. I just can't think of one that is that great. Last week I hit a 64 from 72 to 4 feet, made the putt. A bunch of great green side shots that scared the hole, can't think of one that went in.

Note: This thread is 3653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!