• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • How does a player know when they should move up to blades? I ask because my son (18 years old, 3 years experience, 5-6 hdcp) seems to think he should consider it.  He was fitted for Wilson C300s 3 years ago. He hits them well. I could be wrong, but I think his 6 iron is his 200+ yard club and that 7 iron is in the 190s.  He practices with a Mevo into a net a lot and should know his distances well because of that (assuming Mevo is accurate). But sometimes on the course even sometimes with the Mevo into the net he gets what he considers a flyer from a fairway lie that goes 10-15 yards farther than expected and ends up causing him to scramble to save par. In a recent round he had about 145 on a par 3 and chose gap wedge over wedge because a short miss is safer than a long miss and still air mailed the green and ended with bogey. I tend to think the inconsistency is just due to inexperience and actual changes in his stroke from swing to swing. He thinks it might be due to the clubs. When should he consider getting fitted again vs just learning to swing more consistently?    
    • I shot around 83-85 on all the courses except the last day at Sand Valley when I shot a 79. I had a really good back nine at Sand Valley that day. I typically started slowly, and then had a good middle stretch of holes, 6-15, then have a bad last few holes. I putted really well, thanks Erik for giving me two putting tips about 4-5 weeks ago. Started making everything inside 15-FT. I think at the Sand Box, I had a 9 hole stretch where I made everything inside 15-FT. I didn't have many putts inside 5-Ft there.  The best hole for me was #12 at Sand Valley where I went Driver, 7 iron to about 25-FT, and two putted for birdie.  I also had a pretty good hole on Mammoth, where I went Driver, 3-wood, and pitched it to about 6 inches.   
    • @KevinBlakeHave you read this post? It may help.  
    • I shot 80 on the second day at SV, then 80 and 81 at Lawsonia, which were my 3 lowest scores of the year. Some highlights: 60 yard sand shot to 5 feet for birdie on MD. 3 birdies in a row from 10-12 on SV on day 2. Had a combined 30-35 feet of eagle putts on 10 and 12 (I hit two 5 irons to about 15 and 20 feet, respectively), and stuffed an approach from about 115 to 4 feet on 11.  Making par from the driving range on 9 on SV. Hit a completely blind 70 yard shot to 15 feet. I had to turn on my GPS to get some guess at the yardage because I couldn't see the flag to hit with my laser. I had a great lie, though. 🤣 Hitting the green twice at 7 at Lawsonia, playing it in a combined -1. 
    • I filmed @DeadMan@iacasand @GolfLug all with great shots on the the final hole of the Sandbox, number 17. Erik and Vishal nearly ace it. Gotta love the drunk guy yelling in the background. 😂
  • Today's Birthdays

1. andreanewman
      andreanewman
      (29 years old)
    2. Erg
      Erg
      (54 years old)
    3. Hacker James
      Hacker James
      (79 years old)
    4. irishmike27
      irishmike27
      (42 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...