IGNORED

One Club for an Entire Round of Golf… Which One Would It Be??

d_golf
Note: This thread is 1939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I played in a scramble this year where they made you play certain holes with specific clubs. It was a lot of fun but very difficult. One hole we had to use our driver - very hard to put with a 460* titanium head.
The hole I liked best was each golfer could pick one club to play the hole with. We tried to be smart and have one guy use driver, one guy 5 iron, one guy wedge and one use a putter. It was a good plan until the idiot (me) with the driver pull hooked one on a dogleg right. ha ha.
Now if I had to play with one club it would be a 5 iron!
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

• 3 weeks later...
I'd never want to do this and waste my greens fee, however if I ever really had this I'd use my putter and play punch shots all day and stay out of any bunkers.

Why would a 5 handicaper choose a putter?

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I would choose a driver just for the heck of it. It would be soo much fun seeing my playing partner trying to get out of a bunker with a driver when it takes him 4 to get out with a lob wedge. He is a 12 handicap and there is the same bunker that he hates.

It would be soo much fun attempting the 148 yard par 3, 15th with a driver. The green is only 10 yards wide and is surrounded by water. I may have to go out onto that hole one day and try the high half cut with a driver.

Now thats fun!!!!

Although if it was in competitive i would choose a bladed 8 iron as it is easier to de-loft the club rather than add loft to it.
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

i've used a 7 iron on several occasions. it is amazing what you can do when using just one club. my best score was an 82, and for a par 70, i was happy with that. makes you wonder why we need 14 clubs. in the spring our league night members will play with one club sometimes. it's a lot of fun.

last summer i played in a 4 person scramble. each player can bring one club only, and can not share the other player's club. we had 20 teams, and it was a blast!!

just for laughs I played 9 holes with one club 7.. shot 6 over not bad putting was the killer for me though..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

I would have to go with my 7 iron since I could hit it far enough and control the height as well.
I last 3 club tourney I went with 5 wood - 7 iron & putter.
The 7 iron was used quite often

Anyone interested in playing in a One Club round for cash?

Sure, only if it is on my home course.

DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

• 12 years later...
On 10/30/2006 at 9:36 AM, d_golf said:

One club for an entire round of golf....Which one would it be??

EVEN FOR THE GREENS!

My choice whould be a 6 Iron!

Played a round with just a 7i. Boring golf. Shot only a few strokes above my average...🤓

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7W. I can putt well with it too. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

back in  the day,,,,,(and that day was a long time ago), I would take a 5 iron and putter. I did get near the 200 yd marker a few times, but that record has long expired, I am lucky to get over 130 with a 6. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Longest par 4 at my course it´s 410. Longest par 3 200. Longest par 5 535.
I need 200 yards in order to have a chance in every hole to hit GIR.
I can hit upward on a iron and hook it for max carry an roll, i think i can cover that 200 yards with a 7 iron.

Note: This thread is 1939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!