IGNORED

Awesome push draw no longer awesome

Note: This thread is 4905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Over the past couple years I have ingrained a super inside out swing that I seemed to work great but most recently my push draws are either too much push without enough draw or too straight with too much draw and occasionally even too much push and draw that ends up in the middle of the fareway but loses a lot of distance.

How do I tighten the cone on this shot. I already play a nearly weak grip with an openinsh stance and I now occasionally hit a draw when I purposely try to hit a small fade. I certainly don't want to try to swing more OTT to offset the inside out swing, that seems silly after all the work I put in to get it where it is.

The bane of my golf game right now is watching what looks like a perfectly stripped three wood slowly crawl clear from the right side rough to the left side rough or OB. :( It's not a violent hook but just a gradual right to left that covers a lot of ground laterally. If I consciously open the face even a fraction I hit a straight push.

I have to open the clubface and really extend with my legs and spine into impact to prevent a straight over draw.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I had the same problem and what I noticed is that my ball position had crept a little to far toward my left foot and caused my hips to be open at address. I would look for something real simple like that,since you obviously know your own swing and like you said it was a lot of work ( I know how much) to get there and the whole swing can't go south. good luck,cheers

Open your stance and swing the same. Im learning to control my path and most importantly ball flight by just making the same swing and just playing with my stance.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Over the past couple years I have ingrained a super inside out swing that I seemed to work great but most recently my push draws are either too much push without enough draw or too straight with too much draw and occasionally even too much push and draw that ends up in the middle of the fareway but loses a lot of distance.

um, get a new swing.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 TP 9.5* Diamana WhiteBoard Stiff
Wood: Titleist 904F 15* Diamana WhiteBoard Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 20* Fuijikura Speeder Stiff
Irons: Titleist 710 AP2 4-PW True Temper DG X100
Wedges: Srixon WG-504 52*, CG 12 Chrome 58*, Callaway X Forged 64*

Putter: Nike Unitized 35"

um, get a new swing.

This struck me as a really strange comment at first and then I realized that you are 18 years old. Kids do say the darndest things. :)

I'll be sure to pick one up next time I'm at Golf galaxy.

• 4 weeks later...
This struck me as a really strange comment at first and then I realized that you are 18 years old. Kids do say the darndest things. :)

golfer's warehouse has a sale. 30 handicap swing's are 50% off

Driver: TaylorMade R9 TP 9.5* Diamana WhiteBoard Stiff
Wood: Titleist 904F 15* Diamana WhiteBoard Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 20* Fuijikura Speeder Stiff
Irons: Titleist 710 AP2 4-PW True Temper DG X100
Wedges: Srixon WG-504 52*, CG 12 Chrome 58*, Callaway X Forged 64*

Putter: Nike Unitized 35"

Sounds to me like you are swinging too much in to out. Check for the following faults that can cause this: A) ball position too far back B) flexing your right knee too much on the downswing C) not continuing to rotate your hips after impact d) swinging your hands too vertical in the follow through.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

golfer's warehouse has a sale. 30 handicap swing's are 50% off

If you dont want to contribute to the thread, why post?

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is your weight getting stuck on your back foot - failing to position 80 percent of your front foot at impact?

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Note: This thread is 4905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!