IGNORED

Long and Short Hitters

Note: This thread is 4931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To be fair, blades4me was probably right when he said 250-280 is about right. It's a nice distance to be able to hit. He didn't say that was the average that males hit. Jealous? Bitter? Maybe you are.

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

why does everyone assume that with increased distance comes decreased accuracy...? Thats what golf is all about...working on your swing so its relatively long and accurate. You don't HAVE to just accept one over another...

Because a 300 yard drive with 1º open clubface will fly closer to danger than a 200 yard drive. Increased distance is also a result of higher swing speed, which can make it harder to square up the clubface and keep the swing on path.ݨ

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you to everyone value info on golfing distance and focus. Really appreciate everyone comments as it make me realised that one own strength is very important.

Guess i am spend more time on the range with my Pro to focus on those points mention here !!!

Thanks guys !

I am just an average longer hitter, but I've learned not to go at the driver full swing all the time. This season I've incorporated a low punch as my stock driver shot which will carry 260 and roll out a good 20 yards if I find the right spot. Only a couple times a round I'll let a mean swing get out but most of the time I find it's not worth it. I'd suggest to play your game and not try to over do it. If you need to hit a 3 iron into those par 4's, so be it. That's your game. Just do the best you can with what's coming out.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To be fair, blades4me was probably right when he said 250-280 is about right. It's a nice distance to be able to hit. He didn't say that was the average that males hit. Jealous? Bitter? Maybe you are.

My quoting of his driving distance was merely an attempt to satirize the typical over-reaction to claims about length around here, guess it didn't come across that way, so I apologise.

I will end up taking this to the grave, so it would seem.

I agree that distance does not mean more accuracy by any means. I'm not a super long hitter, I may average 260 on a good day, and I usually do catch one just right that gets out there to 300 if I get a good roll from it. It causes me to be very wild at times and I usually just use a 3 wood unless it is a wide open fairway.

Driver - VR str8 fit
3 wood - Burner 09
3 hybrid - Burner hybrid
Irons - VR split cavity S300 shaft
SW - CG15 56 degreeLW - VR forged 60 degreePutter - Studio select

Note: This thread is 4931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!