IGNORED

Long and Short Hitters

Note: This thread is 3826 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To be fair, blades4me was probably right when he said 250-280 is about right. It's a nice distance to be able to hit. He didn't say that was the average that males hit. Jealous? Bitter? Maybe you are.

why does everyone assume that with increased distance comes decreased accuracy...? Thats what golf is all about...working on your swing so its relatively long and accurate. You don't HAVE to just accept one over another...

Because a 300 yard drive with 1º open clubface will fly closer to danger than a 200 yard drive. Increased distance is also a result of higher swing speed, which can make it harder to square up the clubface and keep the swing on path.ݨ

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you to everyone value info on golfing distance and focus. Really appreciate everyone comments as it make me realised that one own strength is very important.

Guess i am spend more time on the range with my Pro to focus on those points mention here !!!

Thanks guys !

I am just an average longer hitter, but I've learned not to go at the driver full swing all the time. This season I've incorporated a low punch as my stock driver shot which will carry 260 and roll out a good 20 yards if I find the right spot. Only a couple times a round I'll let a mean swing get out but most of the time I find it's not worth it. I'd suggest to play your game and not try to over do it. If you need to hit a 3 iron into those par 4's, so be it. That's your game. Just do the best you can with what's coming out.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To be fair, blades4me was probably right when he said 250-280 is about right. It's a nice distance to be able to hit. He didn't say that was the average that males hit. Jealous? Bitter? Maybe you are.

My quoting of his driving distance was merely an attempt to satirize the typical over-reaction to claims about length around here, guess it didn't come across that way, so I apologise.

I will end up taking this to the grave, so it would seem.

I agree that distance does not mean more accuracy by any means. I'm not a super long hitter, I may average 260 on a good day, and I usually do catch one just right that gets out there to 300 if I get a good roll from it. It causes me to be very wild at times and I usually just use a 3 wood unless it is a wide open fairway.

Note: This thread is 3826 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.