• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Faster probably. No it isn’t. 50% of your time is a bad idea but I will get 9 GIR and shoot 70. 11 and 73 is pretty common.
    • @Shindig  - I totally agree with you. If someone is having 40 putts per round and chunks and skulls chips half the time, they need to solve those problems. But 50% of time NEGLECTING driving and iron play is no way to improve your golf long term. Just spend time working on those elements. The fact that a lot of high handicappers waste shots around the green does not mean that everyone has to "work on their  short game" half the time. And, as you said, 11 GIR is an indicator of 11 GIR, not much else a lot of the time. Throw in a couple of OBs, and balls in penalty areas and trees and you can expect a score anywhere between mid 70s and probably mid to high 80s, depending on the course. Not to mention are those GIRs really GIRs  - is it just 5 and 6 that were "close enough"? To say that 11 GIRs SHOULD  result in 73 is complete nonsense. My brother once had  a round of 75 with no one putts.  He rarely breaks 80. One stat does not imply a score, no matter how you interpret it.
    • Day 158.  This morning I hit a dozen full shots (usual routine and place) with my 6-iron.   This afternoon, I began work on quarantine day 12 (trail arm throwing) -- without actually throwing the club.  Still, I can feel how this is different, and I'm going to go back and forth with this and full swing for a bit.
    • Day 36 (01 Aug 21) - More work on swing tempo focusing on getting a consistent 3:1 tempo.  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. ercxi
      ercxi
      (33 years old)
    2. Garea51
      Garea51
      (70 years old)
    3. iamwardicus
      iamwardicus
      (37 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...