IGNORED

I'm pretty sure I'll get my account closed for this but...

bong_crosby
Note: This thread is 4927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lets keep it real....This is probably a conversation we have all engaged in one form or another over the years...but its probably best saved for the 19th hole and not this forum.

This is true. I'm sorry I created the thread. Had played golf that day and there was a hot beer cart girl. The guys I was with started spinning their dreams, desires, and stories. After a scotch or two the other night when I posted that thread, seemed like it could be an amusing topic. In bad taste, though, in retrospect, and I'm sorry to Eric for having posted it.

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

The closed thread was a stupid topic with absolutely zero entertainment or informational value. It existed solely for the purpose of giving immature members an excuse to

Nice post man, totally correct!

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Good call eric, I can't even believe the question was asked
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

You're really going to compare pro golfers' "issues" and discussing those "issues" in the forum to asking people if they've had sex with a cart girl and to tell a story in regards to that?

So its okay to talk about their affairs and post pictures of them, but its way off your moral compass when you would tell a story when you had a romance with a beer cart girl (be it fictional or not)?

Sorry but i think they call this double moral. And so is closing the previous thread. You either close them all down or not, and there are enough threads on this board that are questionable by strict moral standards but yet remain open - hmm.
but its probably best saved for the 19th hole and not this forum.

Same thing - bragging about it at the 19th hole to your friends okay, but on an internet forum not? Because the internet is a holy place and we all just come here to talk golf swing and equipment, and not about the guy who took a dump in the cup..........

This cart girl post unintentionally tells women they're not welcome here.

If women would be a target group many well frequented forums/blogs could shut down.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

agreed the thread should have been closed
this is a family site bro's, and it may have been offensive to our women members as well

i do think it would have been hilarious to read, but all in all.........family site
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Family site / Women friendly site?
http://thesandtrap.com/reviews

I only see men product reviewed there - and thats for a reason, the number of women reading golf forums is close to zero. In general women arent intrested in reading much about golf - just check out how many women golf magazines there are. And the step from a golf magazine to an internet forum is a big one for a woman. I´m sure Eric could shine some light on active participation men vs. women and that should clear things up.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Family site / Women friendly site?

Give it up dude.... you've lost the war. Even the guy who started the thread admits that it was misplaced, so what the hell are

you arguing about? Time for Erik to lock this one too.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We are all guests here. I don't get the "entitlement attitude" that someone can post whatever they want. Of course, a privately run forum can lock or delete threads arbitrarily and as guests here we accept this fact. One of the things that makes this community successful is the nature of the information and decisions made about the forum -- that is a big reason it is so popular. I don't have a problem with how the forum is moderated, but if someone does, they are free to select some other forum. JMHO.

RC

I support Eric [sic] closing the thread and feel it was completely appropriate to do so. TST is privately owned and is operated for general public consumption but supported by advertising income, and it is necessary to operate the business in an appropriate manner.

All that stuff.

This is true. I'm sorry I created the thread. Had played golf that day and there was a hot beer cart girl. The guys I was with started spinning their dreams, desires, and stories. After a scotch or two the other night when I posted that thread, seemed like it could be an amusing topic. In bad taste, though, in retrospect, and I'm sorry to Eric [sic] for having posted it.

Congratulations - a lot of people would have either dug in their heels or slinked away - Danny Noonan himself would be proud of your epiphany.

Unintentionally?

agreed the thread should have been closed

Yup.

We are all guests here. I don't get the "entitlement attitude" that someone can post whatever they want. Of course, a privately run forum can lock or delete threads arbitrarily and as guests here we accept this fact. One of the things that makes this community successful is the nature of the information and decisions made about the forum -- that is a big reason it is so popular. I don't have a problem with how the forum is moderated, but if someone does, they are free to select some other forum. JMHO.

+1 to all that.

Give it up dude.... you've lost the war. Even the guy who started the thread admits that it was misplaced, so what the hell are

Yup.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Hmmmm, I missed that thread.....

.....thankfully.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sex....baaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Silly distance claims...goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

It was well within reason. I've been a moderator/admin on a few high-traffic forums. If I saw a thread like that, I would've deleted the thread and banned the poster in a heartbeat, no questions asked, no appeals heard. Eric was lenient.

Suck it up. It's a privately owned/operated forum with rules governing acceptable content. While vulgarity and coarse attitudes may attract some, they deter others, the latter group being the more civilized of the two. Administrators always have to consider which group of people they want to attract and what content they personally want to support/encourage. They are perfectly within their rights to enforce standards based on personal morals if they choose.

This is a forum of golfers , surely the idea of etiquette (eg, dress codes) has been beaten into you by now.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

It was well within reason. I've been a moderator/admin on a few high-traffic forums. If I saw a thread like that, I would've deleted the thread and banned the poster in a heartbeat, no questions asked, no appeals heard. Eric was lenient.

I certainly dont think he should of been banned in a heatbeat but the thread deleted

I certainly dont think he should of been banned in a heatbeat but the thread deleted

Eh, it's a personal call. In my experience, people willing to display that level of immaturity are unlikely to be missed if banned. It also sends a clear "do not do this" message, because, also in my experience, just saying "no" the first time just postpones a second attempt at that behavior, or just a lot of button pushing. If they want to re-register and act more maturely, they're usually welcome to.

I suppose the OP had 130+ posts, so he wasn't a newbie. For some reason I thought he was a fairly new poster. I suppose more lenience could be in order, but not required. Instead of whining about how unfair it was to close the thread, they should be thankful the judgment wasn't as harsh as it reasonably could've been. P.S. I meant "Erik", not "Eric".

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Instead of whining about how unfair it was to close the thread, they should be thankful the judgment wasn't as harsh as it reasonably could've been.

Perhaps you can point me out to the part where I was whining.

Oh, you can't. Noted.

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

Note: This thread is 4927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!