IGNORED

Range Finders on the PGA Tour to Speed Play

iacas
Note: This thread is 4925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Range Finders on the PGA Tour: Like or Dislike?

• I like the idea.
    • I dislike the idea.

I don't think it would have any effect on the speed of play. They take time on the greens and in there pre-shot routine. I've only seen them play in real life once and honestly I didn't think they were that slow. An amatuer nothing tourney, that is slow golf. They don't know how to putt out in a timely fashion or be ready to go when it is there turn. But the pros on the other hand were ready to go when it was there turn to hit. I voted no but I really don't care one way or another. They don't show on TV how as soon as the other player hits they are starting there pre-shot routine or reading their putt.

Brian

hey now!!!

Oops....

That's the downside of spell checkers.... they find misspelled words, but if the misspelling is still a real word, then....

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Surely you don't think that the pros use the numbers on the sprinklers? They may use some of those sprinklers, but they take all of their own measurements from them. In the pre tournament walkthroughs the pros and/or their caddies use lasers to verify everything in their yardage books, as well as adding anything else that they feel they might need.

If they are doing that before the round, why not just let them do it during the round?

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The real answer to slow play is to start issuing 2 shot penalties. Turning a 68 into a 70 will change things very quickly. When was the last time a penalty was issued?

Driver: Nakashima 10.5 degree
3 Wood: 15 degree F2
Hybrids: 19 and 21 degree
Irons: MP-58, 4-9 iron
Wedges: Vokey sm 47.06, 53.08, 58.08Putter: studio select 2.5Ball: Pro Vx : Warren Golf Club 73.6 : 146

I say go for it. No real downside as others have said. Just because you allow rangefinders doesn't mean a player should be allowed to bring along a netbook that models ball flight taking into account the wind, moisture in atmosphere, barometric pressure, phase of the moon, time-since-mowing, etc etc to come up with the "perfect" club. ... :)

Me, if I had such a computer, I'd still prolly chunk the critical approach shot on the 18th anyway but that's irreverent.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 4925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!