Sign in to follow this  
8.5_Drive

Sold some irons to a friend...

Note: This thread is 3214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 posts / 1751 viewsLast Reply

So i recently sold some X-14's to a friend. He seemed happy with the purchase. I sold them pretty cheap.

Then we had a round a few weeks ago (his first in years) and he has been non stop complaining about them saying thay are not right for him. I suspected it was just because he was playing poorly. But hes still complaining.

I told him its not the clubs its him. I think he just needs practice.

What do you think?

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I think it is your friends problem. He bought the clubs. He can't hit them. His problem. Sounds like he needs to work on his game.

+1, not exactly terrible clubs... so more likely the Indian than the arrow!

I assume you play something other than X-14s now, and just haven't updated your signature yet? If so, maybe offer to swap clubs for a round, you play your old X-14s, and let him play your new clubs. Maybe then he'll realise?

No i had 2 sets. Long story. One was 2deg flat.

So if you're playing the same clubs (lie apart), can he not just accept that at a +4 handicap you're far better than he is? I wouldn't even consider complaining it was the club's fault to a + handicapper... especially if they were playing the same clubs as me!

So i recently sold some X-14's to a friend. He seemed happy with the purchase. I sold them pretty cheap.

I couldn't give a crap about your little issue, I just don't know why you are lying about your handicap being +4. As of posting this, that is what is says as your hcap. Just remember that putting a plus before the number means your handicap is better than scratch. You weren't +4 the past few weeks, and there's just no way it has gone down to plus 4 in that time.

What is your friends handicap? If he isn't in the low teens or lower, I'm thinking he just needs to practice. But I will say, my game took a sharp turn for the better the minute I got fitted properly for clubs. Just buying a standard set doesn't always work for everyone. But again, unless he is playing at the caliber you are playing (very low handicap), it is probably him and not the clubs.

I couldn't give a crap about your little issue, I just don't know why you are lying about your handicap being +4. As of posting this, that is what is says as your hcap. Just remember that putting a plus before the number means your handicap is better than scratch. You weren't +4 the past few weeks, and there's just no way it has gone down to plus 4 in that time.

LMAO jesus chris CHILLOUT! i ment to change it to 4 not +4

Unless the shaft flex is wrong the x-14 clubs are still very good product. Anika used them for years despite Callaway's efforts to get her into their newer offerings. I have a set which I pull out and play on occasion. They are very under rated GI clubs. My only concern with them is the uniflex firm flex shaft is a bit soft for my taste. Leads to a bit spotty distance control. Left to right and trajectory are fine for me.

Being a iron set with offset your friend may have alignment issues.

Has he confided in what issues he is having with the sticks or is he just being grumpy????

Unless the shaft flex is wrong the x-14 clubs are still very good product. Anika used them for years despite Callaway's efforts to get her into their newer offerings. I have a set which I pull out and play on occasion. They are very under rated GI clubs. My only concern with them is the uniflex firm flex shaft is a bit soft for my taste. Leads to a bit spotty distance control. Left to right and trajectory are fine for me.

well he is just being miserable.. he doesent have a specific problem with them, he just hits it fat then thin then hook then slice ect..

i doubt he would be able to play to 28 but he doesent have a terrible swing.

If he continues to whine, could you find a better friend? He sounds manipulative to me.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tell him to stop being a bitch and just sell them if he doesn't like them. You gave him a good price so he's not going to be out anything but time.

Probably unrealistic expectations, thinking if he used same clubs as you he'd hit better. Now he doesn't have any excuses but to blame the clubs not being right for him, which might be. If it's worth the friendship, take him to get fitted and find out if the clubs will work for him, if not, he can trade them in for something that does.

Note: This thread is 3214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!