Sign in to follow this  
ZEUS

Best way to maintain and keep grips tacky.

Note: This thread is 3245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 posts / 6958 viewsLast Reply

I cleaned my clubs every few rounds art home and wanted to know other than just water and a nice dry are there any cleaning solutions and or sprays to keep the grips feeling clean and more so how to give them a little more of a tacky feel. Is there an adhesive spray some of you use? what are some of your thoughts. I like to drive with a glove but use bare hands for my irons and putter cause I like the feel from the club when using it which make them need to be cleaned more often.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Well to start off, what kind of grip do you use? I usually use a wet towel to wipe them down once in awhile. End of the season I usually clean them with soap water.

all season i used white tacki mac itomic grips
the best cleaner out there - BRAKE CLEANER

wash your grips as usual, dry them w a towel, spray with brake cleaner, wipe w a dry shop towel and let air dry
brake cleaner is mostly alcohol, so it evaporates and dries quick, leaves no odor and brings grips back like the day they were put on

Wash grips in hot water and dish-washing liquid soap, scrubbing with soft plastic brush. Best soap has no skin-softener in it.

Rinse in hot water, and towel dry and then dry in open air.

If the grips start to feel slick, it's time to wash them. Also, people who eat candy bars as a snack sometimes get gunk on their grips.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wash grips in hot water and dish-washing liquid soap, scrubbing with soft plastic brush. Best soap has no skin-softener in it.

+1 I just scrub with soap and water then towel dry and they seem to be really tacky. If they are still slick after cleaning them they need to be replaced.

Note: This thread is 3245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!